Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anything changed for the rest of you with this most recent update? My UFC isn't seeming to export the display info to my second screen. My DDIs are working fine

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Same here. Need to check the lua file again but IFEI disappeared as well... :/

OK, guess i found the solution:

From the Hornet package, you need to substitute the scripts again. These are: IFEI_init.lua, RWR_ALR67_init.lua and UFC_init.lua. (Obviously overwritten by the update...)

Tried it with IFEI right now and works as it should.

Edited by flx54

DCS Open beta

F/A-18C, A-10C

Win10, i7-8700k, AsRock Z370 Extreme 4, GTX1080Ti, 32" 2K Samsung TFT Main screen, 22" 1K Iiyama Touch screen.

Warthog HOTAS

Same here. Need to check the lua file again but IFEI disappeared as well... :/

OK, guess i found the solution:

From the Hornet package, you need to substitute the scripts again. These are: IFEI_init.lua, RWR_ALR67_init.lua and UFC_init.lua. (Obviously overwritten by the update...)

Tried it with IFEI right now and works as it should.

Those .lua s are not in the CaptZeen Profile.So we dont add any changes those luas dont we???

Thanx

Meanwhile CaptZeen we r waiting your video(s) :smartass:

Those .lua s are not in the CaptZeen Profile.So we dont add any changes those luas dont we???

Thanx

Meanwhile CaptZeen we r waiting your video(s) :smartass:

From the readme and what I followed:

Ok, this is important to know, Helios do not export the viewports, is DCS who do that.

Some DCS modules are ready to export some of his viewport, but not all of them. That's the reason we need to change some .luas to make that module ready to export the viewports.

In the F18 case, and at this date ( 07/30/2018 ), only the 2 DDIs are ready to export. The AMPCD, IFEI, RWR and UFC are not, so we need to overwrite those .luas with other ones ready to export viewport.

Usually, in my profile packages you got everything you need to do that operation in a folder called monitor configuration. So...

- Check if you installed the files in the correct place. I recomend to you use JSGME or OVGME to do the job, because in every DCS update those files are rewriten again

- Then edit the MonitorSetup file to adjust the viewports to your monitor configuration. (2_monitors-FA18C.lua )

- In DCS options, put your max resolution ( this is the total of your monitor resolutions in horizontal and vertical, for example two monitors 1920x1080 placed in horizontal layout, the total resolution is 3840x1080 )

- In DCS options, uncheck full screen option

- In DCS options, select the monitorsetup file to use (the one your just edited)

So in the Zeen FA18 package update 2 there is a folder called MonitorConfiguration->Mods->aircraft->FA-18C-Cockpit->Scripts and there you find the IFEI,TEWS and UFC files. ;)

Edited by flx54

DCS Open beta

F/A-18C, A-10C

Win10, i7-8700k, AsRock Z370 Extreme 4, GTX1080Ti, 32" 2K Samsung TFT Main screen, 22" 1K Iiyama Touch screen.

Warthog HOTAS

From the readme and what I followed:

Ok, this is important to know, Helios do not export the viewports, is DCS who do that.

Some DCS modules are ready to export some of his viewport, but not all of them. That's the reason we need to change some .luas to make that module ready to export the viewports.

In the F18 case, and at this date ( 07/30/2018 ), only the 2 DDIs are ready to export. The AMPCD, IFEI, RWR and UFC are not, so we need to overwrite those .luas with other ones ready to export viewport.

Usually, in my profile packages you got everything you need to do that operation in a folder called monitor configuration. So...

- Check if you installed the files in the correct place. I recomend to you use JSGME or OVGME to do the job, because in every DCS update those files are rewriten again

- Then edit the MonitorSetup file to adjust the viewports to your monitor configuration. (2_monitors-FA18C.lua )

- In DCS options, put your max resolution ( this is the total of your monitor resolutions in horizontal and vertical, for example two monitors 1920x1080 placed in horizontal layout, the total resolution is 3840x1080 )

- In DCS options, uncheck full screen option

- In DCS options, select the monitorsetup file to use (the one your just edited)

So in the Zeen FA18 package update 2 there is a folder called MonitorConfiguration->Mods->aircraft->FA-18C-Cockpit->Scripts and there you find the IFEI,TEWS and UFC files. ;)

Yes you r right

thank you ill try it

• 2 weeks later...

Capt Zeen how do you program these? I wanted to use part of your panel such as the UFC, HUD control Panel the Armaments panel and IR panel but none of the others.

Is there any chance you could explain how I remove the panel graphic then delete the switches I dont need and then perhaps create a new graphic panel?

I noticed you used the A-10C interface, how do you know which switch in A-10C is the one in the F/A-18C?

Edited by Mr_Burns

Capt Zeen how do you program these? I wanted to use part of your panel such as the UFC, HUD control Panel the Armaments panel and IR panel but none of the others.

Is there any chance you could explain how I remove the panel graphic then delete the switches I dont need and then perhaps create a new graphic panel?

I noticed you used the A-10C interface, how do you know which switch in A-10C is the one in the F/A-18C?

Hello Mr Burns

You can load the profile in the editor and then, delete everything you dont want. In some cases, the image in the backgrouond is complete, and you'll need to cut those in photoshop or any other paint program.

The team working on the new Helios 1.4 is working on diferent F18 panels, ready for use, so probably you can do what you want soon, and easy.

The F/A-18C is my last profile thats uses the old A10C interface. In the new Helios 1.4 i added a new interface for general purposes and can be used by different airplanes.

The conversion between A10C and F18 was made directly on the export files. i Assign every A10C control to the actual F18 one.

With the new general interface, that part is much more easy to do. I can assign the diferent controls to the new airplane models. My new Mi-8 v2 profile, already uses this new interface.

Rightnow i am finishing a new UH1H version with this new interface too.

Hello Mr Burns

You can load the profile in the editor and then, delete everything you dont want. In some cases, the image in the backgrouond is complete, and you'll need to cut those in photoshop or any other paint program.

The team working on the new Helios 1.4 is working on diferent F18 panels, ready for use, so probably you can do what you want soon, and easy.

The F/A-18C is my last profile thats uses the old A10C interface. In the new Helios 1.4 i added a new interface for general purposes and can be used by different airplanes.

The conversion between A10C and F18 was made directly on the export files. i Assign every A10C control to the actual F18 one.

With the new general interface, that part is much more easy to do. I can assign the diferent controls to the new airplane models. My new Mi-8 v2 profile, already uses this new interface.

Rightnow i am finishing a new UH1H version with this new interface too.

You are a Legend sir, thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

33yhEgi

Hello capt I'm new on helios and just install your latest file in your site

after change the stroke_thickness and stroke_fuzziness ,the 2 ddi work just perfact

but my AMPCD HSI & SA pages still fuzzy and really hard to read

i'v been tried to changed the shaderLineDrawAsWire to true, but it even get worse :(

could you help me out capt???:(

image here

https://imgur.com/a/33yhEgi

https://imgur.com/a/33yhEgi

33yhEgi

Edited by lionmagunas

Hello everyone

Since the last update last Friday, after having injected the files of Captzeen's mod for the offset of the screens of FA18, it is impossible for me to get the page "blinds" which remains displayed "UFC BU PLACEHOLDER". Despite successive repairs and finally a full reload of the beta version, nothing has changed. Note that this same mod with the same files still works in the stable version.

Does anyone have this problem and does he have an idea for the repair ?

Hello everyone

Since the last update last Friday, after having injected the files of Captzeen's mod for the offset of the screens of FA18, it is impossible for me to get the page "blinds" which remains displayed "UFC BU PLACEHOLDER". Despite successive repairs and finally a full reload of the beta version, nothing has changed. Note that this same mod with the same files still works in the stable version.

Does anyone have this problem and does he have an idea for the repair ?

Same here!! in beta version. I'm not able to see "Stores" page, so unable to launch any weapon...:cry::cry:

noony

What do you mean by "for the offset of the screens of FA18". My profile is running fine after the update.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 2 weeks later...

Try these values in MDG_strokesDefs.lua

stroke_thickness  = 0.5
stroke_fuzziness  = 0.4

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline
DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 1
DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 3.5
DMC_stroke_thickness  = 0.5
DMC_stroke_fuzziness  = 0.4

Crisps enough, you can use your helmet visor AND the HSI is great, even with the map !

P.S : With horizontal multi monitor setup

Edited by Carlton2001

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i am not able to make this working.

I am talking about the latest helios version (1.4) i load this profile in helios control panel but the instruments in the profile don't move (adi/altimeter etc etc).

I did not try yet the ddi/ufc etc etc export as first i want the basic profile to work.

In my scripts folder i have everything configured as in the instructions (but i have a lot of plugins and everything is working correctly (vaicomm, srs radio, dcs bios etc etc) so the only think is...maybe this profile cannot work with the newest helios version?

Following the troubleshooting section in the readme this behaviour seems to point to helios not getting dcs data (so export not working) but from dcs.log file the only line in which helios is mentioned don't show any error

These are all the lines where export is mentioned in the dcs.log file.

2019-04-06 14:25:35.342 INFO HELIOS.EXPORT: Helios Export Hooks Installed

2019-04-06 14:25:36.370 INFO LuaExport::LuaExportStart: TW© UniversRadio Export. 0.1.5.3-NF http://universradio.fr

2019-04-06 14:25:36.380 INFO TACVIEW.EXPORT: Loading C++ flight data recorder from [C:\Users\Vincent\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\]

2019-04-06 14:25:36.380 INFO TACVIEW.EXPORT: Tacview 1.7.2 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded

2019-04-06 14:25:36.401 INFO EXPORT: Mission Started

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi, i am not able to make this working.

I am talking about the latest helios version (1.4) i load this profile in helios control panel but the instruments in the profile don't move (adi/altimeter etc etc).

I did not try yet the ddi/ufc etc etc export as first i want the basic profile to work.

In my scripts folder i have everything configured as in the instructions (but i have a lot of plugins and everything is working correctly (vaicomm, srs radio, dcs bios etc etc) so the only think is...maybe this profile cannot work with the newest helios version?

Following the troubleshooting section in the readme this behaviour seems to point to helios not getting dcs data (so export not working) but from dcs.log file the only line in which helios is mentioned don't show any error

These are all the lines where export is mentioned in the dcs.log file.

2019-04-06 14:25:35.342 INFO HELIOS.EXPORT: Helios Export Hooks Installed

2019-04-06 14:25:36.370 INFO LuaExport::LuaExportStart: TW© UniversRadio Export. 0.1.5.3-NF http://universradio.fr

2019-04-06 14:25:36.380 INFO TACVIEW.EXPORT: Loading C++ flight data recorder from [C:\Users\Vincent\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\]

2019-04-06 14:25:36.380 INFO TACVIEW.EXPORT: Tacview 1.7.2 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded

2019-04-06 14:25:36.401 INFO EXPORT: Mission Started

Send me your profile, i can take a look. Sometimes helios dont do the correct job when reseting monitors if you are using more than 2 monitors.

Ok i will as i can, but i have only 2 monitors.

Other exports are working for sure (dcs bios with dcs flightpanels for example)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 weeks later...

Charts not showing

Hi Capt Zeen,

Awsome job on this FA18 profile. Im a noob to Helios and got your profile to work 90%.

My problem is regarding the Chart tab....it is not showing the charts at all. How do I get them to work?

Cheers,

Adrian

Can't read UFC anymore

Hi,

I've been using the F-18 helios profile for some time now,

recently I noticed I can't see the numbers for the UFC when it's on.

the export works ok and the numbers are there when stopping Helios, but it seems as if the UFC lost it's transparency in the green LCD displays.

It did work before...

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

EDIT: I've found a picture from a month ago, sorry for the bad quality

You can see in the red circles the channel numbers (very faint),

Now I cant see it anymore. also the area in blue that use to work is unseen now when Helios overlay is on....

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/Lif8HHu.jpg[/img]

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

• 4 weeks later...

Just built a new pc and reinstalled DCS/FA18, and of course , your profile. Just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work!

ASUS Strix Z370-E, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i, WD 1TB SSD