Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES. All I see is green light in the RWR on my second screen.

Cpt Z---HELP.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Nic suggested that the reference to the RWR for the viewport be changed to FA_18C_RWR and that solved the location problem but did not solved the green spots.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hi all, SimSynergy here. Been may years since I’ve been able to get back into this sim and wonderful programmes like Helios. I am in awe of the ingenuity behind it and the guys that are developing it! Especially ŷou Capt. Zeen! Amazing work. A definite donation is on the way to you guys for the hard work!

Getting back on the sim has been great and I love the community here, I recently purchased the f18 module couldn’t wait to try it out with Capt.Zeens profile which is a work of art. Since it’s been awhile I thought I would follow your instructional video of installation and setup, which I did very carefully. It took me a while to get to grips with it all again but got the profile to work with DCS and my screen setup.

I used OVGME as stated and it seems to work fine for all viewport exports except the UFC ????????

All 3 MFCDs and IFEI and RWR will show but not the UFC.

I have methodically tried applying the init.lua’s manually without the OVGME but the results were worse where only the mfcds would export.

It’s a puzzler. I’m so close yet so far.

I need to start to study .lua and the file structure of the game better to troubleshoot these issues but as of right now I can’t figure this one out.

Is it the inti.lua for the UFC that’s at fault or is it Viewport handling files. I’m really not sure where to pinpoint the problem!!

Any help or advice from you guys would be amazing. I just want to be able to enjoy this amazing programme and profile to the full!

Many thank guys.

In the monitor config file:

--UFC

F18_UFC =

{

x = 2668;

y = 30;

width = 455;

height = 263;

}

and in the UFC init file:

------------------------ added by Capt Zeen

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18_UFC")

------------------------ end of added by Capt Zeen

That is the extent of my limited knowledge.

Thanks for the info Sobe! I trawled this thread and found that it was as simple as turning up the brightness on the UFC:doh:

Such as simple problem can drive you nuts!!

Thanks for the feed back though mate. Much appreciated:thumbup:

After the last update, RWR export in F-18 has stopped working properly. All letters are very fuzzy, large green spots. Do colleagues have a similar problem?

Has anyone found an answer to this problem when exporting the RWR?

Is it a known issue with second barometer digit at altimeter gauge? I always have zero in second field of QNH/QFE setting.

Also the needles of ADI are always shown and not moving.

Helios_Baro_ADI_Problem.png.4d65701da2dbbaaaa39532dfcb2d09c1.png

I don't know but I've been told

It's been said that God is dead

Jet fighters never cry, jet fighters never die

Is it a known issue with second barometer digit at altimeter gauge? I always have zero in second field of QNH/QFE setting.

Also the needles of ADI are always shown and not moving.

[ATTACH]212638[/ATTACH]

Looks like ED changes some device numbers from the day i made the profile. I am revising all the numbers to fix the issues. I let you all know when is ready a new fixed version.

Hi folks, sorry if this had been discussed before somewhere else, but I havnt found info on it.

I can’t get CapLoz’s A10 profile to show when running the new Helios. Is it the image files that need to be loaded in a certain way? I’m really struggling.

Any guidance would be amazing.

Many thanks guys.

Edited by SimSynergy

Hi folks, sorry if this had been discussed before somewhere else, but I havnt found info on it.

I can’t get CapLoz’s A10 profile to show when running the new Helios. Is it the image files that need to be loaded in a certain way? I’m really struggling.

Any guidance would be amazing.

Many thanks guys.

Hi SS,

In the LOZ Readme it says:

"Be sure to extract all of the ........contents............. (NOT THE WHOLE FOLDER AS THAT WILL CONFUSE THE LINKS TO THE IMAGES)...... of the folder "Extract these Images" to "user" My Documents/Helios/Images folder."

So, in his zip file you open the folder called 'Extract these Images', and copy all of the contents(files and folders) to your My Documents/Helios/Images folder.

Here is a list of the folder & files from that folder to copy in case that clears it up for you:

Airports charts
LozImages
NMSP
2 way Dome Down.png
2 way Dome Up.png
3 way Small Down.png
3 way Small Mid.png
3 way Small Up.png
3way Core Down.png
3way Core Mid.png
3way Core Up.png
3way DomeHead Down.png
3way DomeHead Mid.png
3way DomeHead Up.png
3way Orange.png
3way Orange Down.png
3way Orange Up.png
ADI arrow.png
ADI Facia.png
ADI Fake.png
ADI knob.png
AirVentLeft.png
AirVentRight.png
AirVentRight L.png
AirVentRight R.png
ALT Panel.png
AntiG Suit Panel.png
AOA Panel.png
APU panel.png
AR Control Lever Clsd.png
AR Control Lever Open.png
arrow1.png
arrowd1.png
Aux Gear Lever Up.png
aux light pnl 1.png
Black Rotary 1.png
Black Rotary 2.png
Black Thumbwheel  UP.png
Black Thumbwheel Down.png
Black Thumbwheel Mid.png
Blank Panel.png
Blank Panel 2.png
Blank Panel 3.png
Blank Rocker Left.png
Blank Rocker Mid.png
Blank Rocker Right.png
Boarding Ladder Switch Clsd.png
Boarding Ladder Switch Down.png
Boarding Ladder Switch Up.png
Cabin Press Facia.png
canopy.png
Canopy Jettison In.png
Canopy Jettison Out.png
Canopy Jettison Pulled.png
CautionPanel.png
cdu-1.png
CDU Round Down.png
CDU Round Up.png
CDU Sq Down.png
CDU Sq Up.png
clock.png
CM Panel.png
CMP Rotary.png
CMSC.png
CMSC Fake.png
CMSC Rotary.png
Comp Panel Switch Down.png
Comp Panel Switch Mid.png
Comp Panel Switch Up.png
Comp Sync Hdg Knob.png
Core Switch_2 Down.png
Core Switch_2 Mid.png
Core Switch_2 Up.png
Course Dial.png
Defog Rotary.png
DIM BRT Rocker Left.png
DIM BRT Rocker Mid.png
DIM BRT Rocker Right.png
Ejec Handle Armed.png
Ejec Handle Rail.png
Ejec Handle Safe.png
Elec Panel.png
Emerg Brake Down.png
Emerg Brake Panel.png
Emerg Brake Up.png
emerg flt ctrl pnl.png
Emrg Oxy Lever Down.png
Emrg Oxy Lever Mid.png
Emrg Oxy Lever Up.png
Eng Inst Background.png
environmenta pnll.jpg
Fire-apu-fire.png
Fire-apu-norm.png
Fire-apu-pull-fire.png
fire-apu-pull-norm.png
fire-left-fire.png
fire-left-norm.png
fire-left-pull-fire.png
fire-left-pull-norm.png
fire-right-fire.png
fire-right-norm.png
fire-right-pull-fire.png
fire-right-pull-norm.png
Fire Ext Disch Arrows.png
Fire Ext Disch Left.png
Fire Ext Disch Mid.png
Fire Ext Disch Right.png
Flap DN.png
Flap Mvr.png
FlapUp.png
FlowFuel Rotary.png
FPBackground.png
FPBackground_Fill.png
Fuel Guage Ring.png
Fuel pnl.png
Fuel System.png
Gear Down Off.png
Gear Down Red.png
Gear PNL.png
Gear Up Off.png
Gear Up Red.png
Glareshied Left.png
Glareshield Right.png
Grey Horizontal Round Left.png
Grey Horizontal Round Mid.png
Grey Horizontal Round Right.png
Grey Round Down.png
Grey Round Mid.png
Grey Round Up.png
HARS.png
HARS FE.png
HARS Lat Knob.png
Heading Dial.png
Hot Mic Switch Down.png
Hot Mic Switch Up.png
HSI Facia.png
IAS Panel.png
ICC Bottom Knob Down.png
ICC Bottom Knob Up.png
ICC Panel.png
ICC Rotary.png
ICC Top Knob Down.png
ICC Top Knob Up.png
IFF Code Dial.png
IFF Light Off.png
IFF Light On.png
IFF Master Dial.png
IFF Panel.png
ILS Facia.png
ILS knob.png
ILS Knob Inner.png
ILS Knob Outer.png
ILS OFF Switch.png
ILS On Switch.png
Inlight.png
Inlightright.png
Intercom Rotary.png
Jet Stores In.png
Jet Stores Out.png
KY-58 Control Panel.png
Landing Light Switch Down.png
Landing Light Switch Mid.png
Landing Light Switch Up.png
LASTE Panel.png
Left Console Bckgrnd.png
Light Panel Rotary.png
Light Panel Rotary2.png
Lighting Panel1.png
Lox Dial Facia.png
MARM.png
Monitor Test Switch Left.png
Monitor Test Switch Mid.png
Monitor Test Switch Right.png
Next Down Rocker.png
Next Mid Rocker .png
Next Up Rocker .png
NMSP.png
Oxy Level  100.png
Oxy Level Norm.png
Oxy Supply Lever Down.png
Oxy Supply Lever Up.png
Page Dial.png
Pillar Light.png
Pitot Heat Down.png
Pitot Heat Up.png
PlusMinus Rocker Downpng.png
PlusMinus Rocker Mid.png
PlusMinus Rocker Up.png
Pneu Elec Switch.png
presetchannelsellector_1.png
PRI.png
PRIdown.png
Radio Console Bkgnd.png
raw1.png
RightConsoleBackgrd.png
rot1Grey.png
rot2Black.png
rot2Grey.png
rot3BlueGrey2.png
rot4Black.png
rot5Black1.png
rot5Black2.png
rot5Black3.png
SAI Face.png
SAI Pointer Knob.png
SAS ctrl pnl.png
SEP.png
SEPdown.png
Single Stalk Left.png
Single Stalk Rt.png
Stall Panel.png
Stall Panel Rotary.png
Steer Point Dial.png
Tacan Base.png
Tacan Base1.png
Tacan Rotary.png
Tacan Test Button.png
Tacan Test Button In.png
Tacan Test Light.png
Tacan Test Light On.png
Tacan Vol Knob.png
Tacan Vol Knob 1.png
Tacan Vol Knob 2.png
TempLevel Rotary.png
Thumbwheel Left.png
Thumbwheel Mid.png
Thumbwheel Right.png
TISL Knob.png
TISL Panel 3.png
TISL Rotary.png
TISL Tab.png
Triangles Light Down.png
Triangles Light Norm.png
Triangles Light Up.png
UFC Trigger Block.png
UFC Trigger Block1.png
uhf.png
UHF Dial.png
UHF Dial 1.png
UHF Flap Down.png
UHF Flap Up.png
UHF Flap Up Press.png
UHF Freq Dials.png
UHF Preset Dial.png
UHFPanelBckgrnd.png
UNK.png
UNKdown.png
VHF AM Panel.png
VHF Panel.png
VSI Panel.png
VVI Facia.png
Yaw Trim Rotary.png
Zeroize Down.png
Zeroize Down-onoff.png
Zeroize Up-Off.png
Zeroize Up-On.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Looks like ED changes some device numbers from the day i made the profile. I am revising all the numbers to fix the issues. I let you all know when is ready a new fixed version.

Just wanted to share my appreciation for your efforts with your profiles - I'm loving Helios with your FA18 profile. Many thanks, Capt Zeen, and look forward to the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all users, I am interested in using this, am I correct in thinking that by buying a touchscreen monitor and exporting the gauges, that I can use the buttons and switches via the touchscreen on any exported instrument?

A few years back I was using helios in BMS had a monitor with 2 cougar MFDs stuck over it.....Touchscreen sounds a lot easier....

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Yes.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Someone who can advise me on how to correct the error of the whole process to use the F18 profile on a tablet connected by usb to the PC.

I followed all the tutorials to the letter and I worked perfectly the profiles of the helicopter K50 and the plane F15, but unfortunately I do not get the graphics of the three screens of the F18, all clocks or tacomentros of the F18 work but not the three screens.

There will be instructions to follow so that the images appear in these three screens, I would greatly appreciate who gave me those instructions or a tutorial to correct any errors

The tutorial on YouTube of CaptZeen to run the Helios with the profile of the F18 did not work for me. I did everything as is, and nothing.

DRTDXBOX

Alguien que me puede aconsejar sobre cómo corregir el error de todo el proceso para usar el perfil F18 en una tableta conectada por USB a la PC.

Seguí todos los tutoriales al pie de la letra y funciona perfectamente los perfiles del helicóptero K50 y el avión F15, pero desafortunadamente no obtengo los gráficos de las tres pantallas del F18, todos los relojes o tacomentros del F18 funcionan pero no los graficos de tres pantallas

Habrá instrucciones a seguir para que las imágenes aparezcan en estas tres pantallas, Agradecería mucho que me puedan dar esas instrucciones o un tutorial para corregir que las pantallas no den imagen.

El tutorial en YouTube de CaptZeen para ejecutar Helios con el perfil del F18 no funcionó para mí. Hice todo como es, y nada.

DRTDXBOX

Threat Warning

Seems like something may have changed as I now just see two green lines through the RWR viewport. The RWR in the cockpit looks normal with just the N.

ASUS Strix Z370-E, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i, WD 1TB SSD