Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you CZ.

I think I looked at the file for hours and never noticed the missing = sign.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 weeks later...

I will preface this with the fact that after three weeks, I am at my absolute limit and I admit that it may be time to let the dream go and return this touchscreen monitor.

If someone who really knows HELIOS and DCS well is willing to get on voice and TeamViewer to try and get Helios and DCS to communicate again, then I can try again. I had it working before the update...saved my monitor and export.lua to another folder and replacing them did not work. I even downloaded Zeen's profile from the latest build and tried every step as I did the first time.

Thank you in advanced,

Joshua

i will be in discord tonight so poke me if you see me there.

I will preface this with the fact that after three weeks, I am at my absolute limit and I admit that it may be time to let the dream go and return this touchscreen monitor.

If someone who really knows HELIOS and DCS well is willing to get on voice and TeamViewer to try and get Helios and DCS to communicate again, then I can try again. I had it working before the update...saved my monitor and export.lua to another folder and replacing them did not work. I even downloaded Zeen's profile from the latest build and tried every step as I did the first time.

Thank you in advanced,

Joshua

• 1 month later...

SOLVED BY Stewemanji...had to change the resolution in the options.lua in saved games to account for monitor #1

I am not sure what changes I need to make in the monitor .lua, but I can't get the exported screens (Right, Left, RWR, IFEI, UFC, and AMPCD) to move to Monitor 1? Right now it all exports to monitor 2 and I can't get it to line up with the Helios profile on 1.

I got the export of an MFD right to the bottom of the of monitor #2 lined up with the #1 monitor and it still would not line up moving it down slowly and blowing up the MFD size to huge 1920X1080, but nothing shows in Monitor #1. I understand this was designed for 2 monitors and I am using three, but I can't understand why it will not export to monitor 1.

Monitors are as follows:

1. 1920 X 1080

2. 3840 X 2160

3. 1080 X 1920

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/434269438884184084/662082690731868191/Capture.PNG

Edited by em4joshua

Thrilled we could get em4joshua up and running!

Another important takeaway, for anyone who has a similar problem in the future, is to ensure you're running DCS in windowed mode (uncheck the "fullscreen" option in the DCS in-game settings).

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

• 1 month later...

I believe the latest update eliminated the need for any mods to make the MFDs and RWR readable on a second screen. Correct?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Apologies if I missed this elsewhere in this thread, but I have a Helios noob question about export.lua and Vaicom.

Last night I followed Capt. Zeen's excellent tutorial video to install Helios, and when I went to copy the export.lua downloaded with his F/A-18C profile to my Scripts folder in Saved Games, an export.lua was already there for Vaicom. It only contains one line. So my dumb questions are:

1.) Can I just copy that line from the Vaicom export.lua and append it to Capt. Zeen's export.lua? I see that his contains lines for other programs like Tacview already.

2.) When I download other profiles, do I just continue using the original export.lua I downloaded with the F/A-18 profile, or will the export.lua need to change?

3.) Can you (or should you) have more than one export.lua? I actually tried changing the name of the Capt. Zeen one to HeliosExport.lua, but as I'm sure you can guess, when I tested it DCS was not sending data to the profile.

Thanks for your help, and apologies if explaining this seems a bit like trying to teach string theory to a baboon.

Use Capt Zeen's export file and copy and paste the lines from the Viacom export file. Do the same for future programs that use the export file. You can have only one export file.

local lfs=require('lfs');

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua')

-- VAICOM PRO server-side script

-- Export.lua (append)

-- version 2.5.3

-- do not edit next line:

-- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Capt Zeen,

Couldn't use your ready to use Helios profiles because my extractions screen has different dimensions than the ones you have and...because I was way too intimidated to deal with Helios to build something other than the built in DCS Hornet ready to export (sort of) extractions but no bezels or no active buttons or indicators.

Well...today I found out that your tutorials, explanations, ready art and profile are so splendid, beautiful, easy to use and to understand that with a few adaptations, a lot of trial and error and just a bit of "original thinking" I managed to upgrade my extractions by a large margin and then some.

In short...THANK YOU !!!

jgVplRQ.png

• 3 weeks later...
I believe the latest update eliminated the need for any mods to make the MFDs and RWR readable on a second screen. Correct?

Sobe, did you confirm this? I am struggling to get my init.lua configured in such a way that the exports are well enough to read.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Fakum

I may be one of the lucky ones as both of my monitors are the same 1920x1080 and some users have said that if your monitors are the same, the viewports will work fine. I have no idea if that is the case, but for me, they work with no mods.

Yeah, I have 2 different sizes, but thanks sobe,,,, this may be a lost cause for now? Thanks for the info sir

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Today i jumped on HELIOS train - and spent large part of day on setting everything to work from my ipad as second touch screen..Now only thing missing is for me how to switch different pages on Helios profile?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

If you're using CaptZeen's profiles, there are small buttons/icons on the main panel that allow you to "pop up" or "activate" the secondary panels.

I've made those switches a little bigger in my own profiles, but here is what they look like on the A-10.

CPf3CAV.png

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

The current state of the F-18's exports are that you can either have them look good in your export or they can look good on your primary monitor. I don't know if it's possible to have them both look good.

I've opted to make the export look better.

To do that, you can edit your RWR_ALR67_intit.lua file. If you're using the standalone version of the game, it can be found here:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\scripts\TEWS\indicator\RWR_ALR67_init.lua

Edit the ShaderLineDefaultThickness and Fuzziness values as such (or edit them to a level you find more preferable):

bC3m3kc.png

Remember though, it's a trade-off: your export will look better but your in-game RWR on the main cockpit won't be visible.

Capt. Zeen and/or all community experts,

First, All of your work is amazing, thanks for all you do!

I am trying to make an F-18 custom interface with the four back up instruments and the RWR in the lower right of my screen that will be mounted behind a physical dash overlay. I was able to place most of them from the toolbox. But have run into two issues:

The F-18 VVI by default has an oversized perimeter box around it that affects the placement needed. I need to place it between the edge of the image and the edge of the perimeter box. When trying to edit these items in paint I get warnings about a loss of function/transparency and do not understand how to restore functionality. Would it be possible to have a resized VVI added to the toolbox?

There is no F-18 RWR in the toolbox library. I was hoping to have the etched glass transparency in the profile. Attempting a cut and paste in paint also results in those loss of functionality/transparency warnings. I tried using the A-10 RWR and that resulted in the previously viewable RWR viewport (edited RWR.lua) displayed as a pile of giant pixels. Any idea why the RWR overlay would scramble the viewport? Does the overlay eliminate the need for editing the RWR.lua? Would it be possible to have an F-18 RWR added to the toolbox?

Thanks in advance for any help from all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I am using some mods for my Helios setup and as a result, the green letters and numbers on my HUD are a little light and thin for me. Does anyone have a mod that makes the letters and numbers on the HUD a dark green or black?

Are any of the MODS you are using intended to make the exported DDI's more legible? I only ask because I know that if you are editing those .lua files, there is an adverse effect on the OEM DDIs

HI, I created an F-18c dashboard using just the AMPCD and the left DDI, both screens and surrounds show up fine but I cant get any of the buttons to work. I checked the install and the lua scripts were all in the right place as per your dialog in the first post, but nothing seems wrong and there are no errors in the dcs log after exiting a mission.

How can I get th ebuttons working please?

Did you put the inputs and uotputs bindings to the buttons?

HI, I created an F-18c dashboard using just the AMPCD and the left DDI, both screens and surrounds show up fine but I cant get any of the buttons to work. I checked the install and the lua scripts were all in the right place as per your dialog in the first post, but nothing seems wrong and there are no errors in the dcs log after exiting a mission.

How can I get th ebuttons working please?