UFC and Radios on battery or ground power

atsmith6

Hi

When I turn on ground power and throw all four ground power switches I seem to be able to turn everything on except the UFC. I need to use the radios on either ground or battery power because I fly with an online wing which requires ATC communications and that we request startup prior to engine start. We use UniversRadio which takes it's frequencies from the radio settings, and those I need to select using the UFC radio controls. Any idea how to get the UFC up on ground power? For context I have tried both with and without battery power.

Many thanks in advance

A

You need to use:

• (1) Switch EXT PWR on RESET (right click) The Battery disconects automatically.

• (2) Switches GND PWR 1, 2 and 4 on position "B ON"

In particular, the UFC should be on SW 2 B ... I'm not at home now, so this is according to the manual.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...

Last time I tried, the radio in the hornet ran on battery with the frequency set on preset 1 in the mission editor. The only thing is, that the UFC is not running, so you can't see the setting or change it.

It was dicussed somewhere in the forum befor. But if I remeber correctly, this is a fallback in the real jet too, if you loose AC power to have some sort of communication left.

Easiest way is to set the ATC frequency in the mission editor to channel 1 and you should be able to contact ATC with only battery power.

IRL if the hornet loses power comm 1 will still work but only on the last channel it was on. The UFC will have no display. As for the display on the UFC not working with ground power applied did you turn up the brightness knob on the right side of the UFC? You'd be amazed how many times I've had to ask pilots this at work.

This did not work for me. Please help! Someone, Thank you!
Did u request "ground power on" via radio menu prior to the following steps?

• (1) Switch EXT PWR on RESET (right click) The Battery disconects automatically.

• (2) Switches GND PWR 1, 2 and 4 on position "B ON"

In particular, the UFC should be on SW 2 B ... I'm not at home now, so this is according to the manual.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Hi

When I turn on ground power and throw all four ground power switches I seem to be able to turn everything on except the UFC. I need to use the radios on either ground or battery power because I fly with an online wing which requires ATC communications and that we request startup prior to engine start. We use UniversRadio which takes it's frequencies from the radio settings, and those I need to select using the UFC radio controls. Any idea how to get the UFC up on ground power? For context I have tried both with and without battery power.

Many thanks in advance

A

Pretty sure I've read that requesting start up isn't usually done for fighters on base. Each to their own though!