[REPORTED]["uncontrollable"] = true not working with coalition.addGroup()

Drexx

Type: uncontrollable flag not working with spawned in units

Reported: not sure

Priority: Very High

Summary: ["uncontrollable"] = true not being applied to units spawned with coalition.addGroup()

Description: Units baked into the mission file using ["uncontrollable"] = true disabled the control panel to move them or control them in any way.

Identical templated units spawned in with identical flags including ["uncontrollable"] = true still allows for the client to see the control panel and move said units some of the time.

The movement control panel for any unit with this flag should be completely hidden but it is not.

Reproduce:

Spawn in a unit with coalition.addGroup() and in its group template make sure the ["uncontrollable"] = true flag is checked, you will see the movement control panel is not hidden using the Tactical Commander Slots

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

• 1 month later...

2.5.2.17559.377@openbeta:MP:Cannot Stop Troop Movement From Units Spawned In The Game

Type: uncontrollable flag not working with spawned in units

Priority: Very High

Summary: ["uncontrollable"] = true not being applied to units spawned with coalition.addGroup()

Description: Units baked into the mission file using ["uncontrollable"] = true disabled the control panel to move them or control them in any way.

Identical templated units spawned in with identical flags including ["uncontrollable"] = true still allows for the client to see the control panel and move said units some of the time.

The movement control panel for any unit with this flag should be completely hidden but it is not.

Reproduce:

Spawn in a unit with coalition.addGroup() and in its group template make sure the ["uncontrollable"] = true flag is checked, you will see the movement control panel is not hidden using the Tactical Commander Slots, this has to be done while the game is running and not prebaked into the mission file.

Some newer people are moving entire bases and its causing heavy lag, I reported this last patch and it got ignored. This is a bad one!

Previous reported bug:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207086

• 2 weeks later...

2.5.2.18521@openbeta:MP:["uncontrollable"] flag is broken on spawned units, ServFreez

Type: uncontrollable flag not working with spawned in units, new people move them crash server due to pathing of the units

Priority: Blocker

Description: Units baked into the mission file using ["uncontrollable"] = true , the flag works. On a multiplayer Client Server environment, units spawned in with ["uncontrollable"] = true are still completely movable from the client, the client doesn't get the uncontrollable flag send over the netcode to it.

This is destroying my server since people will move the base units and freeze the entire game. At the moment I have to ban people from doing to to save my DDCS server

Reproduce:

Spawn in a unit with coalition.addGroup() with the ["uncontrollable"] = true flag and on a second computer logged into the main server you will see the movement control panel is not hidden using the Tactical Commander Slots, the netcode is not transferring the flag data needed for these units to stop them from being moved

Some newer people are moving entire bases and its causing heavy lag and freezing the server while it tries to find a path for all the units, This is a bad one! I need a way to lock their movement!

Previous reported bug:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3497667

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207086

This is a very frustrating bug. Often times the gameplay is broken because people are able to move units they are not supposed to causing lag. Or we also have to set carriers to hidden so people can’t move them. So we got something that can ruin game play and I’m seriously tired of people asking where is our carrier because it’s set to hidden on the map. Seriously needs fixing and the rearming bug that has been around for ever.

Oh man... this is going to cause a lot of pain...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

+1 for getting this fixed, also please fix the hidden flag being ignored on spawned units

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• ED Team

Hi all

I have reported this, I can give no ETA on a fix. The uncontrolled for AI units is a new feature, and it seems has a negative effect on multiplayer, the team will look into it.

Please do not make new threads for bugs, use the original one, I have merged the threads.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the fix for this, you hold left shift and you can override the uncontrolled flag, its ridiculous, I spent 6 hours last night detecting units moving (when there not suppose to move) and when I ran setTask hold or setCommand Stop Route non of these worked

the ONLY thing that worked is to turn off the AI on the group, then they finally stop. So since this cant get fixed for months, im going to have to waste hours of my time writing code to work around a relatively simple fix I bet, if group wonders farther than 3.4 km's from original base, turn their AI off, rendering them completely useless...... I cant deal with the lag of the base units moving anymore, when the uncontrollable switch SHOULD be stopping them from moving in the first place

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

This is a MUCH bigger problem than you guys think

Edited by Drexx

• ED Team

As mentioned before I have reported it and even added more notes to the report recently so it is not forgotten however I can not give a timeline for a fix.

I appreciate this is a difficult one for multiplayer, and I will chat to a team member in the morning

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OK now it appears I can move blue units AND red if in tac commander. Can we please sort out unit permissions soon?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

these bugs are sadly wrecking MP for a lot of people

when red units can be controlled by even blue aircraft, let alone blue commander

it pretty bad to deal with

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 5 months later...

This is still a major problem, code to fix this should be with the crates sticking around after API :destroy is called, which is also still broken, it's an object sync problem between client and server, because these flags work if you play on the server and the server alone, it takes 2 computers to fix and properly test this. 1 being a server and 1 being a client.

Edited by Drexx