[FIXED] Some bugs

gusanako

1-The roll center button doesn't work.

2-Radio volume rotary doesn't work.

3-Sidewinder volume rotary doesn't work.

4-The Emergency backup lighting switck doesn't work, manually and loss of AC tested.

5-The Formation / position light brightness doesn't work.

6-No differences between dim and bright position in the Navigation lights.

7-The backup generator doesn't deploy the Rat, is the rat modeled?

8-The pitch gearing works? The advisory in the right caution panel doesn't illuminated when you put the switch in landing position and i cant feel any change in the pitch control.

Regards

I believe all of these issues except for RAT “should” work but if you say they don’t it might be bugs introduced. The RAT hasn’t been animated hence not “working” (though I believe it is coded IIRC). Thanks for the list!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Yeah I answered during lunch-break at work. I wasn’t able to get to the dev-computer last night as the kid wouldn’t fall asleep and today I have other obligations but hopefully might be able to check on Sunday earliest.

Thanks for the video! It makes fixing stuff way more easier and faster.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I believe all of these issues except for RAT “should” work but if you say they don’t it might be bugs introduced. The RAT hasn’t been animated hence not “working” (though I believe it is coded IIRC). Thanks for the list!

I'm pretty sure the roll center button has never worked, as I have tried to make use of it several times over the entire lifespan of the Viggen module. ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 6 months later...
I'm pretty sure the roll center button has never worked, as I have tried to make use of it several times over the entire lifespan of the Viggen module. ;)

Is the roll center button ever supposed to get functional? I would really like to be able to re-center roll trim!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1-The roll center button doesn't work.

2-Radio volume rotary doesn't work.

3-Sidewinder volume rotary doesn't work.

4-The Emergency backup lighting switck doesn't work, manually and loss of AC tested.

5-The Formation / position light brightness doesn't work.

6-No differences between dim and bright position in the Navigation lights.

7-The backup generator doesn't deploy the Rat, is the rat modeled?

8-The pitch gearing works? The advisory in the right caution panel doesn't illuminated when you put the switch in landing position and i cant feel any change in the pitch control.

Regards

5 & 6 I reported a while back,

7 - the RAT is definitely modeled, they've been working on making it not appear in the cowling (big thread in here on that)

8 - are you saying you cant adjust pitch at all? I can't - but others say they can which left me thinking I was just doing it wrong, but I have the same issue with the EP13 where my controls don't change the function but others report it works for them.

9) (adding again) I mentioned previously the Anti-Collision Lights come on when the player aircraft has NAV lights on - but AI aircraft don't have this issue. Anti-Collision light switch doesn't effect this.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

• 1 month later...

Some more, not to be forgotten, a few more will come at a lager stage.

All tested in single player, 2.5.4.27430, today evening.

3D-Model:

=========

.) Mirrors efficiency: 123fps without mirrors / 77fps with mirrors (127 / 100 for the F-15, also three mirrors)

.) Mirror's last rendered images appear again when entering the cockpit again (even when mirrors are turned off in settings but used in game)

[ATTACH]205063[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]205064[/ATTACH]

.) RAT missing, see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230114

.) Right aileron visible despite right wing is gone due to overload

Screen_190225_011840.thumb.png.963be85aef49a91641e092460aeebaea.png

Physics:

========

.) Start rolling on runway makes aircraft shaking, when not enough power is supplied the aircraft never starts rolling, it feels like it is catched in chocks or has not enough tire pressure, see

for a good view

.) Stopping rolling without brakes on runway ends up in saccade, which is unnatural

.) Mach 1.85 can never be reached, see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194415 (Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8bCDRcq9BVeRTNjS3Jna3dRNjg/view page 67)

.) Flightmodel G-forces drop, see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195088

Systems:

========

.) Engine Icing never happens, no matter which weather prevails, at least I didn't ever manage to produce this effect

.) Tertiary air hatch doesn't close in flight when M > 0.65

.) ILS indication doesn't disappear when leaving ILS zone, see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233152

.) Emergency lights switch has no function, see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212805

.) "KB-V SLUT" indication doesn't disappear after re-fill of chaffs / flares, see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227104

.) Engine start is possible with MOTOR circuit braker in popped-out position (without ground power)

.) Emergency trim "UP" not working, see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216089

VR:

===

.) Waypoint Indicator too small and thus not readable, manual config edit necessary, which is not update-resistant

Despite all the bugs and problems it is a joy to fly! :joystick:

But please HB, take care of them!

Edited by TOViper
Throttle sync & chaffs: SOLVED, added Flightmodel

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Chaff looks like that in every aircraft in DCS. by the way Chaf is just that little rectangles of radar reflecting material AKA Aluminum...

Sorry, but they never looked like in the picture, they were smaller and grey colored in the past.

Why should they be perfectly aligned with the current view angle?

Edited by TOViper
Seems a general DCS graphic problem ... at least on my machine.

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I think maybe there is something wrong with FM too. If im not missing something about control system in Viggen: Try to loop it at higher altitute and speed so that you can keep a constant G rate, or as good as possible. When reaching the poles of a the loop something happens with controlls and it suddenly drops Gs, like there were some manual joystick curvature, but on poles. Am I crazy? I can't recreate it on other aircraft, can someone comment?

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I can't recreate it on other aircraft, can someone comment?

Me neither: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195088

my computer:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TOViper.

Thanks for linking your thread. Must have missed before.

Then its very clear that I am not insane. It seemed like a very obvious FM bug to me.

Its kind of sad to see that it's been a year and a half and that it hasen't been fixed.

Oh well, lets hope its not a trend like on the Fishbed or other air crafts that have old bugs that dont get solved. Especially FM bugs irk me...

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Indeed.

What I am writing now is OT, but perfectly fits to your statement, and I don'T want a seperate thread.

I am pretty sure developers don't want to have it here, but I promise: I will be careful with what I am writing!

To sum it up:

The more time goes by, the more I tend to turn away from the Viggen, despite it is my absolute favourite aircraft, no discussion.

But it started not to be my favourite model some time ago.

I am not starting a direct bug listing, since most bugs are reported already (and besides a few of them since a very long time).

The reasons are more indirect:

Long waiting for basic module repairs, no trust in correctness of the model, changes of ED here, running after them of HB there (once customer report them!).

Its not a thing of OpenBeta or StableVersion. Repairs simply take too long, and there is too less interesting content for the Viggen (IMHO).

Where is a Sweden map (for which I would spent 100 bugs at least), where are long term campaigns (for which I would spent more bugs)?

And there are obviously not enough resources used for intensively testing the bird after ED brought out changes.

But the good thing is: I might be completely wrong with my perception. Am I?

I did the wonderful Red-Flag a longer time ago and the smaller Viggen 5-Mission campaign. Also the Viggen at Sea Campain, which was GREAT!

Some missions here, some there. Nice here, and OK there. You know how it works.

I spent hundreds of hours flying the Viggen offline and online, and a good percentage of the time was using personal efforts/time with finding bugs, reporting them, and also helping other users if possible.

But now I put it beside and let it be; Far too much effort for earning too less.

I totally understand the energy behind finishing the F-14, everyone wants to see and have this wonderful bird too.

I fear that the F-14 could end like the Viggen. Not enough resources are spent for fixing the model within times that are understandable by customers.

This not only relates to HB, but for ED as well. I hope I am completely wrong and they learned their lessons.

I am 100% sure the guys at HB do their f..... best to bring out exciting models, and I love the guys for producing the Viggen.

They really rock, but maybe they simply didn't understand / or ever have asked for what I as customer really want.

Or has anybody ever received an e-mail from HB (or even ED) asking for feedback relating to modules, quality, times, costs?

But fortunately this is only the half truth of the story.

I can accept opinions of others about all this, but I don't take too much care if people don't like what I am telling or find it not fair.

I found my way out of this for the next months. Maybe there will be a time where I find it - once again - 100% interesting.

Honestly, I think this will be the case when I see a changelog entry like:

"AJS-37 Viggen from Heatblur: Guys, the bird is now 98.5% ready and there is a bunch of campaigns for SP and 'up to four COOP' playing available!").

Inbetween I will do other things, but of course I will help supporting the bugfixing process of the bugs I reported (once this ever starts).

Kind regards,

TOViper

Edited by TOViper
typo

my computer:

TOViper, Take a break. I do it too. The Viggen is great, but some details can break the immersion.

For now I go back on the Mirage 2000 and on this other F-16 simulator. It's nice to do something else and go back to the Viggen later..

The N° 1 problem for me is not really with Heatblur, but with ED. A-G weapons are just too weak. Useless. So is the Viggen (yes I'm exagerating, but still). Hope the devs will give us some precisions about the state of the Viggen after the f-14 launch (even if they will have tons of work with the expected bugs of the F-14)