Bright Environment

Avio

Been trying out some flying around the new 2.5 and all look great. But it seems the world and the cockpit interior all look quite bright, with some ground objects / buildings looking rather wash-out, be it at 9am or noon. Is this right?

Post a screenshot or two from in game, and also a screenshot from your settings->system page so we can see your graphics settings.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Default gamma setting of 2.2 doesn't make any sense whatsoever, most folks lower it to 1.6-1.8 range to reduce washed out terrain look. I'd recommend trying out the same.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

That's the deferred shading that we no longer have the option of turning off.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

It's annoying because I constantly need to adjust gamma to get things to look right especially with an overcast. I skinned a completely flat UH-1H in green and using a gamma that is too bright on a sunny day makes it look completely black on an overcast day. I can see it being darker with little or no shine but it shouldn't loose all detail and look all black either.

Also it seems that it's shading a bit too dark overall. The sunlit side of a model looks ok but the backside becomes so dark you can't see much at all of the skin.

I guess it will take tweaking by the devs to get things right again.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10