T/O trim button

oldcrusty

How is it modelled in the sim? Do you have to hold it till the trimming process is done or is it a momentary push here?

I spawned on the carrier for the first time using "hot on the ramp" option because of time restraints I didn't want to run through the whole drill of bit testing, INS, and the rest of the knob turning joys:smilewink: so I'm assuming all pre-taxi checks are behind me. I still see some advisory bit left over on my left DDI. I hold the trim button, "trim" shows up momentarily on left DDI then disappears. By looking at the stabs values on FCS page it seemed like it was already trimmed (for my light loadout) and no extra trimming was necessary even before I hit the trim button. Anyone has any insight to this?

As luck would have it, I just finished running through the cold start process again trying to learn it. A momentary push on the T/O trim button is all it takes.

Cool, thanks.

btw, did you have a chance to observe the stabs position change?

T/o trim sets to 12, then you set to 16+ for cv ops, based on weight. The values are in the natops manual. 12 on a heavy bird results in some pucker factor.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

I thought with the launch bar down pushing the trim button would set trim to 16.

No, you do this manually depending on weight. Watch the FCS page and trim for ? see NATOPS

Same with the burner if you need it.

Edit: You even need to use rudder trim at times for asymmetric loadouts apparently...

attachment.php?attachmentid=187571&stc=1&d=1529019989

CVLaunchTrim.jpg.8075b144d40324bcd14491cf6c807469.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link