Worse FPS/Perfomance With GTX 1070 vs GTX 970?

I used the tool in safe mode.

good... and afterwards did you perform the cleanup via DDU to rid the system of unnecessary nvidia folders?

After doing that,... go into your services and disable Nvidia Telemetry container too.

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

@Womb Raider other than that, it sounds like you are back in action.. might want to use in game Vsync to limit your GPU to 60hz refresh if you have no other need for higher fps as they would not be necessary.. additionally, running DCS in Full resolution borderless windowed rather than Fullscreen seems to lighten the load on the cpu drastically with a very slight increace in GPU load... very slight.. so you may want to give that a shot as well and give your CPU a little more free comfort.. glad you are back up and enjoying your new card..

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Your 850 Evo even if it was throttled to SATA2 would be a-okay for DCS, Win 7 is fine too, at least here there's no issue.

Yup, I think we all experience FPS drops with other Hornets in view, the LoD models apparently need refining, shadows combined with that really hurt the frame-rate before.

Edited by ouPhrontis

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

@Womb Raider other than that, it sounds like you are back in action.. might want to use in game Vsync to limit your GPU to 60hz refresh if you have no other need for higher fps as they would not be necessary.. additionally, running DCS in Full resolution borderless windowed rather than Fullscreen seems to lighten the load on the cpu drastically with a very slight increace in GPU load... very slight.. so you may want to give that a shot as well and give your CPU a little more free comfort.. glad you are back up and enjoying your new card..

How do I run it in borderless mode? I use 2 monitors, will that have an effect on it?

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

How do I run it in borderless mode? I use 2 monitors, will that have an effect on it?

well.. i use two also, but one is just my reference dispaly for system monitoring and the main is my primary display for DCS.. just uncheck Fullscreen in game and select the full resolution in game of your primary monitor.. Looks exactly the same.. but performs better.

well.. i use two also, but one is just my reference dispaly for system monitoring and the main is my primary display for DCS.. just uncheck Fullscreen in game and select the full resolution in game of your primary monitor.. Looks exactly the same.. but performs better.

When I do that, Helios does not work.

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

When I do that, Helios does not work.

Bummer.... i was hoping you wouldn't say that,... but kind of expected it..

You might also turn off motion blur... Mostly just because it's dumb and useless but it also might buy you a frame or two...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Delete your shader folders, your using shaders compiled for different hardware, which can cause performance issues and visual artifacts.

Someone posted the instructions earlier.

I already deleted the MetaShader and FXO folders.

Whatever is causing it, but you stated several times that your GPU is around 2/3 or roughly 70% load, same as your CPU.

This tells me, something broke your config. If your 1070 doesnt get kicked to 99% load ALL THE TIME then something is BADLY wrong with your install, either OS or DCS. You can tinker and flip any LOD on and off, your LOAD shoudl ALWAYS remain at 98-100%, that's what you paid for !

The second statement is unfortunately NOT precise enough to judge upon it.

You said your CPU is roughly at the same 70%.

Is this for your TOTAL CPU USAGE, or is this one core at max 2/3 and all other 3 at even less % ?

Say it's total, then it's a useless statement as we need to know how saturated your most used core is. Despite threading arrived in DCS and it can really use more than 6 cores, it ALL depends on that ONE core to deliver the base computimng that all others rely on to do their work.

So, CHECK each and every of your 4 cores with TaskManager GUI while you

fly. Watch how saturated each core is. If one core is TILT at 100% then that is your bottleneck, nothing misconfigured, just the CPU got too weak.

If on the other hand, none of your cores is maxed out, neither is your GPU, then you have an issue. Your rig wont kick into full performance mode.

Again, the GPU at 70% is your main issue, follow that trail.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Whatever is causing it, but you stated several times that your GPU is around 2/3 or roughly 70% load, same as your CPU.

This tells me, something broke your config. If your 1070 doesnt get kicked to 99% load ALL THE TIME then something is BADLY wrong with your install, either OS or DCS. You can tinker and flip any LOD on and off, your LOAD shoudl ALWAYS remain at 98-100%, that's what you paid for !

The second statement is unfortunately NOT precise enough to judge upon it.

You said your CPU is roughly at the same 70%.

Is this for your TOTAL CPU USAGE, or is this one core at max 2/3 and all other 3 at even less % ?

Say it's total, then it's a useless statement as we need to know how saturated your most used core is. Despite threading arrived in DCS and it can really use more than 6 cores, it ALL depends on that ONE core to deliver the base computimng that all others rely on to do their work.

So, CHECK each and every of your 4 cores with TaskManager GUI while you

fly. Watch how saturated each core is. If one core is TILT at 100% then that is your bottleneck, nothing misconfigured, just the CPU got too weak.

If on the other hand, none of your cores is maxed out, neither is your GPU, then you have an issue. Your rig wont kick into full performance mode.

Again, the GPU at 70% is your main issue, follow that trail.

well.. not be argumentative,(respect your position), but dependent on his settings and weather or not he is using vsync, he may or may not be demanding more than 70% of his GPU... i actually try to aim for about 70% load on my setup just because it allows the hardware to sit well in its range of performance leaving little to no room for stutters, heat, or throttling.. no need to chase max fps... just chase the fps I require... which for me is 60fps.. butter smooth.. and keeps everything cool and comfortable..

well.. not be argumentative,(respect your position), but dependent on his settings and weather or not he is using vsync, he may or may not be demanding more than 70% of his GPU... i actually try to aim for about 70% load on my setup just because it allows the hardware to sit well in its range of performance leaving little to no room for stutters, heat, or throttling.. no need to chase max fps... just chase the fps I require... which for me is 60fps.. butter smooth.. and keeps everything cool and comfortable..

I also find setting GPU usage to average around 70% average usage to be beneficial for VR as well, with VR GPU usage ramps up and down depending on situation and having some headroom pretty much gets rid of stutters/drop frames and helps keep ASW from kicking in.

Stutters/drop frames occur when GPU/CPU core usage hits 100% so whilst not pushing everything to max I get better overall performance, as you say butter smooth and I can run MSAA*2 and PD @1.1 for pretty good in HMD quality still and at a constant 45FPS.

Similar hardware specs.

NB I used to push everything damn near 100% but that really turned out to be counter productive. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I also find setting GPU usage to average around 70% average usage to be beneficial for VR as well, with VR GPU usage ramps up and down depending on situation and having some headroom pretty much gets rid of stutters/drop frames and helps keep ASW from kicking in.

Stutters/drop frames occur when GPU/CPU core usage hits 100% so whilst not pushing everything to max I get better overall performance, as you say butter smooth and I can run MSAA*2 and PD @1.1 for pretty good in HMD quality still and at a constant 45FPS.

Similar hardware specs.

NB I used to push everything damn near 100% but that really turned out to be counter productive. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

• 5 months later...
I would also check in msi afterburner what your GPU is doing, make sure it doesn't look like this when flying.

gpuusage.jpg

Zig Zig bad, the GPU is not getting fed.

Is your i5 4690k overclocked?

This is what my GPU msi graph looks like on max DCS settings a few patches ago @ 5 Ghz it should hold 100% most of the time.

reviving this old thread. I am having some off FPS issues as well and notice my GPU usage is spiking like this. What do you mean its not getting fed? I have a 1000w power supply on a 1070?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

reviving this old thread. I am having some off FPS issues as well and notice my GPU usage is spiking like this. What do you mean its not getting fed? I have a 1000w power supply on a 1070?

He probably meant not get fed the frames from the cpu..

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have a 1070, ssd and a i7 3820 and I'm getting 10 FPS while dog fighting at 1920x1080. Needless to say I'm rather miffed. Thanks to those that have posted advice so far, will be giving it a shot tomorrow.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have a 1070, ssd and a i7 3820 and I'm getting 10 FPS while dog fighting at 1920x1080. Needless to say I'm rather miffed. Thanks to those that have posted advice so far, will be giving it a shot tomorrow.

1) download CPUPARK from bitsum and set power plan to bitsum highest performance

2) disable windows game enchanment

3) set nvidia control pannel for GPU power managment to -> maximum

4) check your cpu affinity and make sure all CPU cores are selected

5) installa DDU unistalller, reboot in windows temporaly boot, unistall your gpu drivers, download new geforce drviers and install only drivers and physixs, make sure you tick "clean install"

rebooot

6) delete fxo and metashaders from your \saved games\dcs folder

start dcs and you should be ready to go

:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

1) download CPUPARK from bitsum and set power plan to bitsum highest performance

2) disable windows game enchanment

3) set nvidia control pannel for GPU power managment to -> maximum

4) check your cpu affinity and make sure all CPU cores are selected

5) installa DDU unistalller, reboot in windows temporaly boot, unistall your gpu drivers, download new geforce drviers and install only drivers and physixs, make sure you tick "clean install"

rebooot

6) delete fxo and metashaders from your \saved games\dcs folder

start dcs and you should be ready to go

Thank you very much. It looked as though the CPU was at 50% for all cores but I'll double check when I'm home and run through ur recommedations. Really appreciate it

Thank you very much. It looked as though the CPU was at 50% for all cores but I'll double check when I'm home and run through ur recommedations. Really appreciate it

let me know how this goes.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Looks like i deleted the wrong files haha, DCS won't load now.

ah, just run a repair. it will fix it in no time.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com