How do I install the Hornet?

swimbody

I paid in May for the new F-18. Got BACK online after many months and found a new version of DCS World (can't keep up with all the new changes honestly)

Downloaded that and thought that my order would automatically be there. NOPE. Went to the website for digitalcombactsimulations and looked up my profile and order history. Nope, cannot download even though it says I paid.

Can someone please clear up if I have to buy this AGAIN? Or is this once airline pilot ex-Navy dude screwed?

yes I started the program and went to the Module Manager and checked and there is no option for the F-18. Thanks.

Edited by swimbody

moneys on you running stable version

right now the fa-18 is only downloadable on open beta branch

fa-18 module will later be released to stable branch after ed feels comfortable with version stability

migration to ob branch is simple and can be done with just a command line parameter

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Edited by probad

I have two installations of DCS on my SSD. One with the stable version 2.5.0 for all the older modules and one with the open beta 2.5.2 - for the F/A-18 and Persian Gulf only. It probably will take a while until the F/A-18 will be available on the stable version and I didn't want to wait that long. :D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I have two installations of DCS on my SSD. One with the stable version 2.5.0 for all the older modules and one with the open beta 2.5.2 - for the F/A-18 and Persian Gulf only. It probably will take a while until the F/A-18 will be available on the stable version and I didn't want to wait that long. :D

Same with me I tried to download and realised the stable is not compatible with either fa18 or the P Gulf!! I’m also a recreational pilot in Cessna’s and have to say the module is the most realistic to date!! Even a simple circuit, let alone a carrier landing is pretty cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

moneys on you running stable version

right now the fa-18 is only downloadable on open beta branch

fa-18 module will later be released to stable branch after ed feels comfortable with version stability

migration to ob branch is simple and can be done with just a command line parameter

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

So I just follow these guidelines to make my openbeta branch functional?

I can't just download openbeta and voila! be working?

• ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Now you know why its called "early Access"