Fighter Pilot Podcast

Bobbygun

The series of episodes on carrier aviation is so freaking good. Jell-O is a great interviewer. His shows truly are great PR for not only naval aviation, but the millitary in general as they reveal themselves as being mature, humble and thoughtful people with hearts and dang smart minds.

I agree brotha, I have almost listened to all of the series, the channel is really gold !

Thanks \

Bobby

Some guy named Gareth from Scotland asked a question on Episode 3...

I wonder who that was Maverick_104th...

;-)

awesome. Ya seems like a lot of DCS guys on the channel now . I just recently realize He was in a documentary for PBS about carriers called Pitching Decks, and he was also interviewed on aircrew channel.

Here is the link to that documentary he has a small cameo in, its actually a cool PBS documentary about Navy Carrier operations, watching the ship bounce up and down makes being a Navy pilot not look as fun as it should lol

Here is the link to that documentary he has a small cameo in, its actually a cool PBS documentary about Navy Carrier operations, watching the ship bounce up and down makes being a Navy pilot not look as fun as it should lol

Was getting ready to post this video, but figured I'd better check if it has recently been posted previously.

My brother was on the USS Midway carrier in the 1970's. He said he had seen seas so rough when the carrier was in the wave's trough, the wave crest was over the ship's height.

My brother went fleet, I went Seabees; we did basic together just a bit north of Chicago to Great Lakes.

Thumbs up.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was getting ready to post this video, but figured I'd better check if it has recently been posted previously.

My brother was on the USS Midway carrier in the 1970's. He said he had seen seas so rough when the carrier was in the wave's trough, the wave crest was over the ship's height.

My brother went fleet, I went Seabees; we did basic together just a bit north of Chicago to Great Lakes.

Thumbs up.

Cheers

Thats awesome you guys both served, its crazy watching the giant ship move up and down like that, and imagining landing on it seems unreal.

Bobby

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the link, really interesting.

Glad you guys enjoyed it!

FYI: Jell-o will be the voice of our LSO.

He has a great clear voice.:thumbup:

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Wags is a great PR person. He's well spoken, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Wags is a great PR person. He's well spoken, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Indeed he is!! Currently listening to fighter pilot podcast at this moment and quite enjoyable. I loved the trailer park Tammy reference! :megalol:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Glad you guys enjoyed it!

FYI: Jell-o will be the voice of our LSO.

great news Wags thank you

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Killer job :thumbup::pilotfly::joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Really excellent podcast. It was interesting to hear the interviewer make remarks like "But you're not going to have this...", only to hear the calm reply: "Well, actually we can do that right now...". Sure enough, the interviewer admitted that ED had "nailed it". Nice! It was also impressive that the interviewer could fly the DCS F/A-18 relying purely on his real-world training. That's a true accolade for the fidelity of DCS. (The discussion mentioned that some players took weeks to learn. If only! I'm still struggling, and I've been at it for months.) :joystick:

PS: Unfortunately they made some mistakes on the podcast's webpage: they had some picture of a young casual guy, in need of a haircut and shave. Where is our suave hero in uniform and tie? (Joking) wink.gif And then they labelled it "Mr Matt Wagner", when we all know it should be "Sir ...". :D

Most interesting part for me has been the explanations about the physical feedback pilots can get from the real aircraft. Wouldn't it be great if VR will have evolved in that direction wthin the next 30 years?

I would have liked to hear how DCS compares to some old-days simulators that Jeff might have been trained on (not sure if he has).

Interesting interview though, thank you for sharing it.

Edited by Sandy

Would have been nice to see how much of an inner facepalm Wags needed to hide when being asked if it was ED who produces the Rift…

Wags does a great job explaining things to outsiders. I wonder how the reportes reaction to DCS would have looked like if they would have tried other simulators before, like farming sim…

Most interesting part for me has been the explanations about the physical feedback pilots can get from the real aircraft. Wouldn't it be great if VR will have evolved in that direction wthin the next 30 years?

I would also have liked to hear how DCS compares to some old-days simulators that Jeff might have been trained on (not sure if he has).

Nevertheless, very interesting interview, thank you for sharing it.

Who is Jeff?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]