Russian Air Force Academy.

Is there such a thing? How does one become a fighter pilot in Russia?Im just curious,how does the system work? I was in the military 13 yrs.(US ARMY)and the way it works here depends on several things.You can start off by going to west point to become an officer and work your way from there.Or you can go to OCS.Im not sure how the air force does it.But in Russia,is it voluntary?Do you have a choice as far as what you want to fly??(Cargo missions,support,etc.)Such a big country should have no problems recruiting young talent.How does the training compare to our concepts of air combat? I know...to many questions.I just find it such a fascinating subject.:book:Thanx for sharing.

In Russia, the process begins by trying to fit in the one size flight suit (no... not one-size-fits-all... just.. the only available size :D). If it fits you... you're a future pilot :D

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Hehe, Killr that is the time for your assimilation-anti-hamburger campaign speech. :lol:

KFC sucks! Rostics rulez! :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

But in Russia,is it voluntary?Do you have a choice as far as what you want to fly??(Cargo missions,support,etc.)Such a big country should have no problems recruiting young talent.

I think they have still have conscription-based system so I presume they have the initial testing where you are assigned the armed forces branch you'll serve in, they select the candidates which fit. Perhaps you can state your personal preference as to where would you like to serve which they might take into consideration or not.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

None of your answers contains right answers (lol). Here in Russia you must go into Millitary Aviation High School, age 18 to 21, then after 5 or so years you go into army as leytenant.

With best regards, Albert R. Valiev

----

Oculus Rift S, i7-8700, RTX-2070, 32Gb RAM, M2 SSD (X4 PCI-E mode).

• ED Team

The officer then can gain to an Academy. Commonly if the officer don't graduate from it he never be a colonel. So the Soviet/Russian military education system is two-levels system.

• Like 1

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Academy is situated in Krasnodar. Now it is one center. In USSR times there were many military flight academies! Such as Kacha, Armavir, Eysk, Bagerevo utc...In 90s all were united.

"Педаль до упора, штурвал на себя и вдруг что-то

Меня опрокинет, закружит, потянет к земле.

Сочувствую всем, кто ни разу не пробовал штопор,

Считаю, что им не достался счастливый билет..."

3gv0sm1.jpg

I read a book by Alexander Zuyev (stole a MiG-29, flew to Turkey and defected to the US) part of which details his life at Armavir in the early 80's...it was rough...but not all bad...there was a female nursing school in town and no shortage of alcohol... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What aircraft(s) does the russian airforce use in flight school.

In aussie land its: C/T-4B -> P/C-9A -> Hawk Mk 127

with the Hawk being fighter conversion.

Not sure about the US: T-6A -> T-38 ?

Russian: ??? yak-52, l-39 ???

• ED Team

Yes.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Yes.

I guess no Yak-130 or MiG-AT purchases then? Any plans for that?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yak-130s complete the second and last stage of government flight testing, expected to be done with that in fall 2007. Things slowed down a bit since that 3rd prototype crashed in 2002.

They now have like yak-52 then L-39, then -UB planes, then single seaters

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I keep saying this but i still think lockon would be magnificent (more so) if we had these aircraft (yak-52, T-6, L-39) the model is already there for the yak-52, just implementation of advanced prop FM.

on second thoughts, ED does have more important things to do than appeal to my whims... Sorry OT...

Carry on.