Clarification about Stennis MP Spawn Points

Esac_mirmidon

I need some clarification about how many simultaneous spawn points the Stennis have right now in MP for clients ( OB Update 4 ).

I was testing this on OB Update 3 beeing able to spawn 4 client Hornets ready on four cats and another 2 cold and dark in two deck positions. So a total of 6 clients at the same time prior to unpause DCS.

Now in OB Update 4 is impossible to do the same.

I can only spawn 1 client alone and the rest are spawning over the first one exploding while unpausing or all the clients are delayed until the first one is taking off the deck. Not even moving out the spawning point is a valid workaround to spawn a second client.

I was using a mission created in OB Update 3, i have resaved it in OB Update 4 and still the same one client issue on MP.

I need to create a new mission from scratch?

Anyone with same single client spawning problem with delayed flights for others or exploding at unpausing?

Thanks to all.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

back in OB 1 you could select parking slots by name. Subsequently it became Auto park. then around OB3 it introduced a longer delay to spawning to ensure separation. Frankly with clients the non Cat parking slots are on top of each other as far as I can tell and the rest of the party has to wait a bit for the auto system to check it's clear. The LUA suggests there's more than 4+1 but I think the client parking (not cat) slots are getting reused and causing crashes so I can't tell if there are supposed to be more than one parking for ramp. Since no one can be bothered to crash repeatedly to test the game in multiplayer in my group (surprised?) :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

What i've tested so far is only one client at a time and the rest are delayed until takeoff or exploding

I know the spawn logic is WIP but i dont know why is working different now than in OB update 3. Before at least we could spawn six clients.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I acutally think ED did a good move to only limit spawn to two points at the catalpults.

If its meant for MP you might have someone landing and that would render Cat 3 & 4 occupied for the landing pattern or someone would spawn in where someone actually was landing.

I'm sure ED are working hard on this and will give us a good solution

My observartions so far is that there seem to fit 2 Hornets on each elevator(with wings folded) and, if they decide to go for it, that should leave 8 spawn points for MP with a clear red line that other can see where people will spawn.

So maybe this could be an option?

The current spawn point set up is just temporary. We'll be adding much more spawn point control for AI and players later.
That sounds fantastic!

Any chance until that is implemented, we can get two cold and dark spawn points on deck selectable as slot '1' and '2'?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

What about adding an option to choose where you spawn?

Indeed. Instead of the old fashion way by choosing a slot, maybe you choose a airbase from a drop down menu. Then a available plane from the drop down menu, and a parking spot number from the drop down menu.

Slots can be chosen like we have now. But they will be unspecified. But instead when you click on that slot a drop down menu with the following options pop up.

Also adds the added advantage that friends can choose to spawn close to each other without that spot being taken already by some random.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.