[NO BUG] Cockpit greys out then black screen on ECM selection

ndunridge

Running through manual start, I select Oxygen on then at the very next selection (ECM) the cockpit fills with heat blur, colour goes to black and white. The vision then greys out to black as if you are having g-lock. Can hear sound but screen is black.

Updated everything, repaired DCS and uninstalled, reinstalled twice.

F/A-18 Autostart runs fine and no problems using and flying.

Intel ® Core i7-770K CPU @4.20GHZ

RAM 16GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

Direct X12

Oculas Rift

C Drive 185GB free space

Windows 10

Had A-10, F-15, P-51, Su-25 and F/A-18 modules, reduced to just F-15 and F/A-18. Same problem.

Regards

Neil

dcs.zip

Noticed I had been turning Oxygen on not the OBOGS, tried that but skipped the ECM (watching WAGS video) on and symptoms didn't happen.

I was able to do a full start. I do however get DCS crashing on start up or locking on 55% which requires the Openbeta file to be renamed.

Neil

It was difficult to see the on/off and I was switching the Oxygen off.

I've flown in a F/A-18B with the Blue Angels and we didn't need masks as we were at low altitude but did when I flew in other fast jets. I was in a T-45 Goshawk and on taxi had no oxygen coming through so had to return to the flight line. Turns out the bottle was empty.

USMC_Trev, agree it is absurd to crash the game, in the Goshawk I felt like my face was in a sink plunger trying to breath but I figured it out and didn't pass out.

It was doubling annoying because I thought I had a problem with DCs and PC so spent hours looking for faults. Luckily I did find config faults for other items that windows updates had kindly changed.

Neil 'Thatch'