DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

Iraqi aircrafts had standard Soviet ASO-2 dispensers in 4x32 configuration.

Soviet aircrafts had two systems: PKWP-23 with 12 PPI-50 (flare) or PPR-50 (chaff) cartridges. PPI/PPR-50 cartridges belongs to KDS-23 CM system created on the beginning for MiG-27 and Su-24, later used on Su-17, Su-27 end others aircrafts. Diameter 50 mm, weight about 850 gramms. Here photo:

b92b28d2baf846f0.jpg

PKWP is combined dispenser and wet pylon for central fuselage fuel tank.

Second is well known KDS-155 ( because created in first place for MiG-25 ), sometimes caled WP-50-60 ( or wrongly BWP-50-60 ). Two dispensers for 30 cartridges each.

UB's during Afghan war:

6e9c81018ed14413.jpg

f577c0d054d222c8.jpg

3b8cc954ab6ec80b.jpg

My concern is that given the option, the vast majority of players will choose the more capable one, and that does not accurately represent the capabilities of an actual MiG-23MLA.

On Airquake servers or in their custom historical-accuracy-be-damned missions, sure. But why is it a problem? If you want to fly a "stock" MiG-23MLA you'll have the option to do so and how the vast majority of players play their game is really their business only.

• Thanks 1

On Airquake servers or in their custom historical-accuracy-be-damned missions, sure. But why is it a problem? If you want to fly a "stock" MiG-23MLA you'll have the option to do so and how the vast majority of players play their game is really their business only.

Amen to that!

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Guest Guest

Does the Mig-23 lack ailerons similar to the F-14? I see spoilers in the renders of the Mig-23 model, but I didn't see ailerons on the trailing edges.

If some variants of the MLA had the countermeasures added and others not. just giving the option would make everyone happy

Damn, this is my favorite aircraft and i hoped BST would do it what with Razbam not being able to actually finish a module thus far

The only problem I am seeing here is your own mindset. Just dont buy from them if you dont like them. And dont come running back when they finish their modules this year! The Mig is going to be awesome and will be finished, as will their other products.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

The way people bitch about modules not being finished according to the schedules laid out by our esteemed and expert community armchair developers, one wonders why they don't go into business thenselves and crank these puppies out every six months.

• Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The way people bitch about modules not being finished according to the schedules laid out by our esteemed and expert community armchair developers, one wonders why they don't go into business thenselves and crank these puppies out every six months.

It's almost as if developing highly complicated fighter jets takes time...

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

The only problem I am seeing here is your own mindset. Just dont buy from them if you dont like them. And dont come running back when they finish their modules this year! The Mig is going to be awesome and will be finished, as will their other products.

I won't, don't worry, based on mirage being incomplete still after nearly 3 years.

BST release all their products pretty much feature complete and i am very happy with all Belsimtek modules.

As to finish this year, i am prepared to be astonished :megalol:

• 3 weeks later...
rare frames of the sight of a moment-23 maybe you will benefit

Very cool!!!!

rare indeed

Do you have any video of the SPO-15?

I want to see how the signal amplitude behaves. (the one called the "light strip")

RWR.jpg

In DCS it acts like a digital unit, registering only the peak amplitude it sees over a given time. But I have a hunch its analog and moves up and down in amplitude in real time, as the emitter scans around you. But I need video to know for sure.

Edited by Beamscanner

In real life the SPO-15 IS analog, and the lightstrip does move with signal strength, although not up/down in a very extreme manner as long as the aircraft is illuminated.

In any case, not a lot of how DCS pictures RWR and radar is very accurate, so as always: take any information you learn from a video game with a big pile of salt.