Gspeed & Time on target details?

iceberg

Hello there, after trying several time the TOT I'm not sure to fully understand the interest of adding a gspeed into it.

My understanding is that TOT goal is to manage your ground speed to get on time, so don't get why we have to add one.

If someone as a knowledge on why we have to set a gspeed please share it.

On Monday I've try I was perfectly good with the speed indicator of the TOT and I end up 1 min early on target (gspeed input to high?)

Thanks

You might be in a situation where you have to be somewhere at a certain time but also have a certain target speed.

Which means that you have to time your departure from the IP to match GS and time, so you dont end up flying over enemy territory at 200knots GS because you were racing yourself on the first part of the stretch.

Speed, distance, time. It's all related.

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Maybe we should call it targetspeed instead of average. I think that would define it better.

*corrected the first post*

*and the second one*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

As far as I know, the Groundspeed input is related to the groundspeed you want to achieve during the final leg before the target. The system will therefore give fast/slow indications for speed on all the other legs in order to reach TGT waypoint at TOT and required attack groundspeed.

Whether or not this works correctly in DCS F/A-18 is anybody guess.

As far as I know, the Groundspeed input is related to the groundspeed you want to achieve during the final leg before the target. The system will therefore give fast/slow indications for speed on all the other legs in order to reach TGT waypoint at TOT and required attack groundspeed.

Whether or not this works correctly in DCS F/A-18 is anybody guess.

Will test

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By last leg you mean actual waypoint to target waypoint? This where I'm confused (sorry) the time you want to be on tgt should give you the target speed to achieve it. For ex in the m2k it's like this to get on time it will give what ideal speed you need to reach

By last leg you mean actual waypoint to target waypoint? This where I'm confused (sorry) the time you want to be on tgt should give you the target speed to achieve it. For ex in the m2k it's like this to get on time it will give what ideal speed you need to reach

Here is the link where Wags explains the TOT

or

Time 4:50 in the video below

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Lets say, like in the video, that your that your target WP is WP6.

Lets also say that you choose some random TOT and a GS of 500knots. The computer should then set you up so that when you reach WP5 you can go from WP5 to WP6 (the last leg) at 500knots GS, and arrive at WP6 on the time you specified as your TOT.

This means that you have to be at WP5 at a given time in order to have TOT and GS to coincide at WP6.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]