Military Power (MRT) at Afterburner Detent

Baitball

Fellow virtual (or real life) Hornet drivers,

I have been searching for this information everywhere, and I cannot seem to be able to find it.

What engine RPM exactly is military power? I have read values as low as 93% and as high as around 107% (but the Hornet only indicates up to 100% even with afterburners?) I will soon be in the process of determining what engine RPM my TM Warthog throttles will produce at the afterburner detent so that I can use new values to make sure that I am just shy of the first stage of burners prior to pushing through the detent.

Another note:

I will soon be receiving the 3D printed afterburner detent from Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/product/8ZNMV2TQV/warthog-throttle-part-center-detent?optionId=63799376

Many of the throttles curves I've seen from this forum are from people who sanded or shaved their original detent piece, but does anyone have a linear curve setting that works specifically with this product?

Then how can we adjust a throttle with a physical afterburner detent (in my case the TM Warthog), to always get to military power at the afterburner detent?

Rctrl+ enter. You will see the throttles as a long vertical bar with a smaller horisontal bar crossing it near the top indicating MIL power. Above you will light the burner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I have been searching for this information everywhere, and I cannot seem to be able to find it.

What engine RPM exactly is military power? I have read values as low as 93% and as high as around 107% (but the Hornet only indicates up to 100% even with afterburners?) I will soon be in the process of determining what engine RPM my TM Warthog throttles will produce at the afterburner detent so that I can use new values to make sure that I am just shy of the first stage of burners prior to pushing through the detent.

Another note:

I will soon be receiving the 3D printed afterburner detent from Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/product/8ZNMV2TQV/warthog-throttle-part-center-detent?optionId=63799376

Many of the throttles curves I've seen from this forum are from people who sanded or shaved their original detent piece, but does anyone have a linear curve setting that works specifically with this product?

This part adds a center detent, i dont think thats what you need?

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3MJPNE2SV/warthog-throttle-part-afterburner-detent?optionId=63799442&li=related-items

Yeah this one would be better. I almost ordered that but got the same results by shaping the original part with knife so didn't have to pay 20€ for that piece with shipping.

Same, i filed mine down, took a while testing while doing that to make sure i didn't take off too much but i'm happy with how it works now. Just hope the OP didn't order the wrong part..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Military Power (MRT) at Afterburner Detent

What engine RPM exactly is military power? I have read values as low as 93% and as high as around 107% (but the Hornet only indicates up to 100% even with afterburners?) I will soon be in the process of determining what engine RPM my TM Warthog throttles will produce at the afterburner detent so that I can use new values to make sure that I am just shy of the first stage of burners prior to pushing.

Here is the curve I made for my warthog. Goes into burner just after pushing over my filed detent but I have squadron mates who have it working with other products.

73a2d64d323b4a2bccd0f1bb8c03470c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bunkerjunker

I bought the shapeways detent. Bit pricey but I'm really pleased with it. Adjusted throttle response in my target profile though, that's always felt more robust than doing it in the DCS options.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Good catch! I linked the wrong part, I ordered the afterburner detent one.

I am a bit confused about the Rcontrol + Enter technique, it this what I'll be referencing in order to get my throttles calibrated to military power at the afterburner detent or do you mean I should be using this hotkey to get military power. Wouldn't using the hotkey for military power negate the point of using my afterburner detent to get there?

Here is the curve I made for my warthog. Goes into burner just after pushing over my filed detent but I have squadron mates who have it working with other products.

73a2d64d323b4a2bccd0f1bb8c03470c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I will reference these settings along with the others I found to try an initial setting curve.

I just added a curvature of 6 to my throttle axis and it seemed to line up 100% at my AB detent on my Warthog. As each throttle is different try 5 or 7 curvature if the 6 doesn't work.

Wish we had a method of setting the AB detent location similar to another flight sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I just added a curvature of 6 to my throttle axis and it seemed to line up 100% at my AB detent on my Warthog. As each throttle is different try 5 or 7 curvature if the 6 doesn't work.

Wish we had a method of setting the AB detent location similar to another flight sim.

Wouldn't the use of a curvature setting (such as 6) cause a nonlinear throttle response? Hence the reason why people have been manually adjusting the user curve and slider instead?

Also, my left throttle stick travels about 0.5-1cm further than my right throttle stick by the time it hits the afterburner detent (the left throttle stick is further up than the right stick). What is the best way to address this? Edit my left throttle to have a touch lower throttle increase from idle to burner?

Wouldn't the use of a curvature setting (such as 6) cause a nonlinear throttle response? Hence the reason why people have been manually adjusting the user curve and slider instead?

Also, my left throttle stick travels about 0.5-1cm further than my right throttle stick by the time it hits the afterburner detent (the left throttle stick is further up than the right stick). What is the best way to address this? Edit my left throttle to have a touch lower throttle increase from idle to burner?

I found that the curve is so minor that it is undetectable while flying. I tried the user curve method but found it "uneven" for lack of a better word as you moved the throttle. Particularly while jockeying the throttle back and forth while "on speed" and holding a descent rate etc... The curve has a smoother feel to me as you adjust back and forth.

Personal preference I guess. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I found that the curve is so minor that it is undetectable while flying. I tried the user curve method but found it "uneven" for lack of a better word as you moved the throttle. Particularly while jockeying the throttle back and forth while "on speed" and holding a descent rate etc... The curve has a smoother feel to me as you adjust back and forth.

Personal preference I guess. :)

Understood, I will also give this a try!

I have a warthog, and had to do literally nothing. The detent lines up perfectly with full mill. I did take a file to the detent to make it push-through, but I'm sure it didn't move the throttle position at mill power (physical) by more than a few thousands (of an inch.)

When you unhook the two throttles and hit the burner detent, have you noticed any misalignment betweenthe two throttle sticks? My left throttle stick extends about 0.5-1.0cm beyond my right stick and indeed it does register a 1-2% higher engine rpm on my left engine. How should I mediate this?

To be clear:

Deadzone = 0

Saturation x = what is necessary

Saturation y = 100

Curvature = 0

slider = blank

invert = blank

user curve = blank

Thanks a lot for the help

Wierd thing is that i had to change Saturation Y to 63 and keep all the other stuff untouched to be able to light the burners at my detent. Playing with Saturation x only moved it upwards away from the marking.

Best regards Forca

I have messed with this stuff quite a bit. As previously posted, you can play with the curves to find the right positioning for the throttle AB and MIL settings. I opted to just use Target for my Warthog since I use a Joystick offset. But the problem with the curve in DCS is that is based on an "S" curve and what you need is a "J" curve. You can play with the user curve settings in DCS but that was more of a pain for me.

The Target software for the HOTAS Warthog solved this problem for me. This is the Target script settings I use and found the MIL/AB detent is just perfect for my setup. Hopefully it will help someone...

MapAxis(&Throttle, THR_RIGHT, DX_Z_AXIS, AXIS_NORMAL, MAP_ABSOLUTE);

SetJCurve(&Throttle, THR_RIGHT, 66, 75);

MapAxis(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, DX_ZROT_AXIS, AXIS_NORMAL, MAP_ABSOLUTE);

SetJCurve(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, 66, 75);

Edited by deltaleader

Asus Strix X299-XE, Intel 7820X @4.6ghz, 32GB G.Skill Ram, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Win10 Pro x64, WinWing F-18 Hotas, Couger MFD's, TrackIR, Buttkicker, Volairsim pit.