Nice feature but singleplayer only ?

Spt

Hello,

With Viggen, we can rearm and refuel on road with special trucks units, in single player it works perfectly but in multiplayer it works only to refuel, no rearm and if you have already some weapon your plane become clean so if you get some fuel you loose your loadout ! :(

Is it a bug, or it's not developped for multiplayer gaming ?

thanks

Screen_180618_124940.thumb.png.02d525238e0daabcdcc9e542f7037d08.png

Screen_180618_125030.thumb.png.f1cb9591a9dd22e5f0cd3dba4a016b19.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice feature but singleplayer only ?

The solution I’ve used to implement this is blocked for clients in multiplayer. I’ve asked ED to unblock it but they are not convinced 3rd parties should be able to do this. I hope it will change since Bas90 is such a specific feature for the Viggen (very central to its design even more than carriers ops for F-18). It would also be super helpful debugging in MP-environment.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Honestly exactly this feature is what I wish to see for other modules as well.

E. G. The harrier, the Gazelle, huey, Mi-8,.... Why not allow these modules to rearm in the field if the required units as trucks or static objects like crates are available? Increase the time to 3x or 4x, but I really wish to see this...

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk

If ED doesnt hear what their own third parties say, I doubt they will hear to us lowly customers ... perhaps you could try to contact Matt Wagner directly and explain the situation to him.

Anyway I fully support the request, and hopefully on its most wide sense, that is not only for viggen, but for helos and Harrier too.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is really needed, especially for Helos and the Harrier.

They could just make the "Grass-Airfield" work or remove that FARP Hill and give us a flat texture of the landing pad if they want a recognizable object, but not being able to reload a helicopter or a Harrier from a road strip is unrealistic and putting artificial limitations to the aircraft... Hey they could even limit the fuel and stock per truck to prevent "magic FARPs", if that is the concern.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I can agree with ED's position only in the sense that this is not something that third parties should *have to* do.

It ought to be implemented centrally by ED so that it is available to all developers and works well together with other aspects of the simulation (for an example resource management in MP and any future dynamic campaign system).

Of course, like everything else, it needs to be done ASAP.

Skickat från min G8441 via Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

What's the status on this? This is a show stopper for me as far as I'm concerned for the Viggen in MP. As it stands, the Viggen can't be fully utilized in MP since the road bases aren't functional with regards to rearming.

What baffles me is that the AV8B was rather quickly fully implemented and fully functional. But the Viggen not so. And I don't understand why ED would be blocking this. How can we help in conveying the message?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

As much as I wish to have this feature in MP, I don't think this is on HB. ED needs to implement more flexible rearming/refueling and (and maybe even supply system) in DCS in general as this doesn't just apply to the Viggen, but also to the Harrier and other (future) aircraft.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, please and don't forget the helicopters...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yes, please and don't forget the helicopters...

Absolutly!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...

How can we get the ball rolling to get this feature ? It’s a pain not being able to rearm on a farp in MP... it goes against the essence of a Viggen’s doctrine

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Also, it would be great if there was a feature in the mission editor that transformed the very narrow roads of, e g the Caucasus map, into real BAS-90 roads. They were/are about 20m wide and 800m long with pockets on the side of roads in the vicinity of the landing strip.

As it is now in DCS, it's almost impossible to land on most roads since there are lamp posts in many places.

Maybe this could be like when you make a FARP, you just click it and place it on a stretch of road and that transforms it into a wider road basically. I have no idea if that is hard to implement though since I'm not a programmer :music_whistling:

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

Another one :

When we will be able to put a viggen on a road (From the mission editor) ??

With how the mission editor works, I suspect that's something hardcoded in DCS for every plane and is dealt with on ED's side, not HB's.

With how the mission editor works, I suspect that's something hardcoded in DCS for every plane and is dealt with on ED's side, not HB's.

Not sure, some time ago, Ragnar put a solution to allow the "start on a road" for the viggen :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3741154&postcount=10

But it was never implemented on a patch !!

And, if i use his solution, the IC is red ;)