F18 MFD exports now work with a very quick tweak.

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, just a quick post for those who don’t know. Over on the input forum, there’s a great thread by Capt Zeen, who was asking how to export the mfds.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=210138

If you go to post 8 by Sreventon, he has instructions on getting the export to work. Basically go to your left or right mfds init.lua file, and cut and past the last two lines from the bottom to the top.

I can confirm it works a treat.

This is NOT my solution, all thanks and praise goes to Sreventon who has done a fabulous job. I’m just posting here for those who may not have found the solution yet.

Appreciate it’s a poor quality video taken on my iPad, but at least it shows it works. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C:/Eagle dynamics/dcsworld openbeta/mods/aircraft/fa-18c/cockpit/scripts/multipurpose_display_group/MDI_IP1556A/Indicator file

I didn’t change anything in the monitor files as I already export the A10 and Harrier MFDs. So if you already export other MFDs which if you’re doing this I guess you will be, you don’t need to change anything else.

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Capt Zeen has kindly posted his monitor config files here to show how to set that up.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3531564&postcount=24

As stated above. NONE of this work is mine, it’s all down to Sreventon and Capt Zeen.

All I have done is shared the info here for those who haven’t found it yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the heads up Cowboy10uk...

And thanks to both Sreventon and Capt Zeen for the expertise sorting this out and sharing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks I tried it but it's not really working for me. I export my a10 mfds without issue so I used the same monitor file and just did the edit. I get a faint garbled ddi on the right, but the left is blank? It maybe due to my specific second screen, resolution etc

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Thanks I tried it but it's not really working for me. I export my a10 mfds without issue so I used the same monitor file and just did the edit. I get a faint garbled ddi on the right, but the left is blank? It maybe due to my specific second screen, resolution etc

Read the entire post by Capt Zeen

Works perfectly.....

Suzn6g.jpg

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

For years I've been using DCS Virtual Server to export the A-10C MFD's. Is this somehow compatible?

In DCS, under options, my screen selection is set to "A-10C Virtual Server"

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

For years I've been using DCS Virtual Server to export the A-10C MFD's. Is this somehow compatible?

In DCS, under options, my screen selection is set to "A-10C Virtual Server"

if you are talking about the server for the app on mobile platforms, i can tell you it does almost exactly the same thing as helios does, with the only differences that helios runs on the computer that your dcs is running, and it captures your computer screen and send to your mobile device, while helios use the viewports display directly by overlayying the UI.

I assume you asked this question because you are not familiar with the architecture of this app and the dcs scripts behind it, and i can tell you there is no compatibility problem at all

So how would this apply to a 4 monitor set up? As in i have a little monitor for left mfd, right mfd and the ampcd. Is it a question of figuiring out the total screen size then positioning them accordingly?

Yep.

Works exactly the same as any other exports, only difference is you need the move a few lines about in the code to get DCS to recognise it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like you may have copied and pasted the lines on the left lua rather than cut and pasted them.

I did the same and couldn’t figure out why one wouldn’t work, until I went back into the files and spotted I had copied the bottom line and it was still there as well as the top. Once I deleted the bottom bit it worked fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks i will have another look tonight perhaps, it's not really an issue at the moment as i don't fly the hornet currently, i want to finish my a10c campaign before i try it out properly. Just thought i would try the edit and see if it worked.

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

if you are talking about the server for the app on mobile platforms, i can tell you it does almost exactly the same thing as helios does, with the only differences that helios runs on the computer that your dcs is running, and it captures your computer screen and send to your mobile device, while helios use the viewports display directly by overlayying the UI.

I assume you asked this question because you are not familiar with the architecture of this app and the dcs scripts behind it, and i can tell you there is no compatibility problem at all

Not the mobile version. I'm referencing the desktop software. It allows you to basically drag, drop, and resize the MFD's on the A-10.

Something similar for the F-18 would be great.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

where do you set up the positions of the MFD's on the second monitor ? aka x,y coordinates

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Anyone figured out how to get the fonts and lines in the exported images correct? Mine right now are like spider web thin lines and unreadable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Anyone figured out how to get the fonts and lines in the exported images correct? Mine right now are like spider web thin lines and unreadable.

Go and check Capt Zeens extensive post in the Input and Output forum......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212725

Change the following

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

to

shaderLineDrawAsWire = true

\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\MDI_init.lua

and

\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init.lua

Use Notepad ++

Thanks MustangSally

Must have updated that since I was there last.

Update: Worked great, thanks again.

Edited by Sarge55
Update post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This doesn't quite work when exported 'on top of main export view', triple screen on side screens

(MDI's don't, AMPCD does but has spider font which is unreadable)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

This doesn't quite work when exported 'on top of main export view', triple screen on side screens

(MDI's don't, AMPCD does but has spider font which is unreadable)

Read 2 posts above!!!!!

Read 2 posts above!!!!!

MDIs dont export on top of main viewports it seems

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |