M-2000C Red Flag FEEDBACK

M-2000C Red Flag FEEDBACK  

51 members have voted

1. 1. M-2000C Red Flag FEEDBACK

• I scored 100
    • I scored 80
    • I scored 60
    • I scored 51

I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign, thanks Baltic Dragon.

I think you did very well with the balance and pacing. It's refreshing to NOT be the one hero to save the world, but part of a flight package with mixed abilities, playing a part that suits the aircraft.

It is sadly easy to break the scripted sequences, which either kills immersion or handicaps the mission entirely.

I also loved not being forced to refuel, disable sim assistance settings, or play far beyond my ability.

I didn't realize how important it was to actually form up over Sally. In early missions, I didn't attempt to fly formation or match speed which missed some triggers.

Your radio methodology was workable and somewhat enjoyable. I wouldn't mind it either being more forgiving, or somehow allowing the player to figure out what channel they should be in, if they missed a message or trigger. For example, a warning to switch back to a channel before the message, or a message saying 'you are missing a radio message on channel 7'. I realize you kind-of do that already for most major messages. As there is no chat history or logging system (for this purpose), it is still easy to miss something and there is no 'repeat last' like in real life.

There appeared to be some inconsistency with ATC pattern. Some missions had departure messages, others not. Sometimes the tower or ground would not respond near or after landing. At least once we had to use the F10 menu for this, while normally it was radio + space. Just a bit confusing.

I hope you and DCS developers continue to find ways to make missions more robust.

Overall great effort. I'm looking forward to trying your campaigns for other aircraft. This was my first fixed wing craft.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2020 at 3:03 AM, Daredevilsl said:

Hi Baltic 

I'm experiencing a problem with mission 8. Packages keep on orbiting over SP2 and they don't proceed! I'm on the right frequency! I've checked on YouTube and i saw what should happen, but it's not happening in my case! Don't know if been mentioned before! 

Thanks in advance 

Hey, could you please create a separate post in bugs section for

that? I’d prefer to keep this one clean with feedback after finishing the campaign. Thanks!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for a great campaign. I really enjoyed it.

Lots of interesting, well voiced dialogs that are fun to listen to and really help with the immersion.

I must admit that for me personally, your M2000 Georgia campaign was even better. At times it felt that the complexity of the Red flag missions was pushing the limits of what DCS can do. It was easy to miss a trigger, at times difficult to get my wingman to do anything useful and the somewhat clunky DCS interface just does not help with the workload when dealing with what felt like real world radio procedures. I also hit the DCS AI bugs as described above, which does break the flow of the story.

Still, top notch stuff and a great insight into modern combat aircraft operations!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Well... It's very difficult for me. I loved the Caucasian campaign, but this one in much harder. For me (french speaking) it's not always clear enough what to do. But, slowly after de 4 first missions I get used to those frequency changes and my M2000 pilot skills raise to!

So I must say : WHAT A GREAT CAMPAIGN AGAIN Baltic Dragon !!!!!

So immersive...

And

Spoiler

MAX the frenchy, is so funny! A true grumpy froggy. I had to laugh several times about what and how he told stories!

It's just crazy. I cannot imagine how long it must take to achieve such a campaing. I mean coding it, not flying it 🙂

Well, now I'm done in and need a rest after this Red Flag.

Cheers.

Daniel

Edited by dggoofy
Change mind

Great campaign. Great immersion. I loved it. Lots of differents targets and stuff to do. A must own for all M2000 pilots.

The amount of work to this type of campaign must be huge. Hats off!

I must say there are some problems with the behaviour of the AI  that can lead to frustration but this is more due to the fact that DCS is changing rapidly and it's not possible to test every aspect of the missions after every update. Anyway Baltic_dragon is here to help or sometimes there are workarounds.

• Like 1

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle

Thanks, I've just finished the campaign. Really loved it! However my mission score said 0 even though I've rated the campaign with the top answer. I've exited the mission in flight after the credits and the last "thanks for playing" message, was I supposed to continue and land at Phoenix?

Looking forward to the Hormuz mini campaign 🙂

Just Finished

Thanks for the effort that went into this, Enjoyed it a lot

Couple of issues while playing through

• Mission 9 Taxi Issue (found workaround in this forum)
  • Mission 15 GBUs kept locking onto a patch of dirt and Wingman wouldn't fire at all (Got one kill so just carried on from there)
  • DRYAD mission: I'm certain the author intended way of decoding Max's coordinates are incorrect to the real life way (once Id realised how you were doing it though, I found Max easily)
  • Personal pet peeve, continuous misuse of "lose" and "loose" in briefings and Subtitles (not major)
  • On mission 15 the French speaking pilots make a joke about how the Americans are going to mispronounce Ypres; then, I'm sure, continue to mispronounce it themselves for the whole mission. 😆(Again Not a major issue)

If you ever go back to update this campaign, something I would have made use of was a inHg to mbar conversion sheet in the kneepad documents

Thanks

Dave

Edited by DaveDewhurst
Forgot to add something
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished and can only say that it has been a 'magnifique campagne'.  To @baltic_dragon and all the team that has participated, thanks for the job.
I recommend this campaign to anyone who owns the M2000C, is a must.

Edited by stratojet
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64Gb 3600Mhz, 1Tb NVMe, RTX 4080, Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Monitor: 32" 2K 165Hz, RV: HP Reverb G1

• 1 month later...

Just finished the campaign, scored 60. I think the campaign was really ambitious and I loved the radio procedures and especially the dialogue/banter on the transits through Sally. I thought it was a very good campaign -- not mediocre as in the F-10 menu, but I did have more fun in the included Caucasus campaign.

The campaign just seemed too complex and in my current version (OB 2.7.6.13133) I felt I ran into trigger problems on too many of the missions. I've been replaying Raven One and Georgian War which don't seem to suffer from the updates, probably due to smaller packages? I sure wish I could have played M2000 Red Flag when it was first released, but only got into DCS last year.

Of all the characters/wingmen from various DCS campaigns out there I loved M2000C Red Flag's the most. I loved hearing Biff's and Berger's voices again, but Max was my favorite! Someone please tell me what all his curses were saying if it doesn't break the forum civility rules 😄 

Edited by Colonel Akir Nakesh
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So far I'm loving the campaign. It is much more challenging at first but you get the hang of it.

But I need some help!

I'm stuck on mission 05, I seem to be the only one that took off, no wingman with me. Is this a bug or did I miss something? I'm on channel 2 red, 1 green initial, then 3-4-5 to approach, but like I said, I'm alone at this point and nobody else takes off. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 11:20 PM, Xillix said:

So far I'm loving the campaign. It is much more challenging at first but you get the hang of it.

But I need some help!

I'm stuck on mission 05, I seem to be the only one that took off, no wingman with me. Is this a bug or did I miss something? I'm on channel 2 red, 1 green initial, then 3-4-5 to approach, but like I said, I'm alone at this point and nobody else takes off. 

Thanks, I'll have a look at that!

On 11/29/2021 at 5:43 AM, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks, I'll have a look at that!

Much appreciated.

I'm also having issues with Mission 09 Red Flag, someone shared a work around for mission 09 on the forums but the triggers are buggy. Rocket 1 gets stuck if you follow the taxi sequence, but if you wait and let Chevy 4 ahead of you, then wait for Rocket 1 to reach the end of the runway, you can then successfully taxi and contact tower. 

• 11 months later...

Great campaign thanks! I was a bit nervous about flying a primarily A-A jet (particularly with Fox 1's), but I found it quite manageable and learned a lot. Now I'm a bit sad that it's over. The characters were great. Would have loved the chance to use the M2000's runway busting BAP-100 munitions.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Great Campaign, thanks.

Really enjoyed it, realistics dialogs, radio management, various missions, etc.

Some bugs but I manage to finish it, and I think it's very difficult to maintain after a lot of versions of DCS, M2000C, etc.

So I track next Baltic Dragon Campaign 😀

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just finished it.

Absolute top marks for characters - Max and Player in particular stand out, but they all felt like they had personality and depth! Amazing job! - atmosphere and story/structure. The missions were nice and varied. This was my very first taste of a Red Flag exercise and I'm happy I got that through this campaign, as it felt very authentic and "lived", if you will.

I learned new things and reinforced previous knowledge, falling in love with the Mirage all over again and becoming a better pilot for it.

The ride wasn't purely smooth and all rainbows and unicorns, however. Especially at the beginning, it can feel overwhelming and chaotic. I have needed to re-do multiple (most!) missions because of malfunctioning or missed triggers (lacking guidance on needing to pass a given waypoint within a certain distance to trigger, or needing to be on a certain frequency at a specific time, but not learning about it anywhere). I persevered and got to the end, but it's not a campaign I would currently recommend to people, unless I knew beforehand that they are handy at getting around that sort of thing and don't mind putting up with some frustration to get the full experience.

Overall, it's been an amazing ride! If the critique above were to be addressed, so that everybody would get a smooth ride on their first play through it, I would recommend it in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Final mission score 100 🙂 I truly enjoyed the campaign, even if it took me slightly more than two years to finish 😄 I'd left it for some time because of the bugs that were due to the DCS core updates. Thanks for continuously addressing and fixing the bugs!

It's very well scripted and great mission variety. It brings out the features of the M-2000C well. The voice overs, acting and immersion are top grade.

I felt the A2A missions sometimes difficult, especially against radar-missile equipped fighters, but I could always manage in some way or by support of the other flights.

I'm looking forward to hopping into the Coup d'Etat mini campaign next and back to the Hornet with Raven One after that 🙂 Thank you for many, many hours of pure entertainment, Baltic Dragon!

Edited by blaster182
  • Like 1

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

On 3/19/2024 at 7:15 PM, blaster182 said:

Final mission score 100 🙂 I truly enjoyed the campaign, even if it took me slightly more than two years to finish 😄 I'd left it for some time because of the bugs that were due to the DCS core updates. Thanks for continuously addressing and fixing the bugs!

It's very well scripted and great mission variety. It brings out the features of the M-2000C well. The voice overs, acting and immersion are top grade.

I felt the A2A missions sometimes difficult, especially against radar-missile equipped fighters, but I could always manage in some way or by support of the other flights.

I'm looking forward to hopping into the Coup d'Etat mini campaign next and back to the Hornet with Raven One after that 🙂 Thank you for many, many hours of pure entertainment, Baltic Dragon!

Thank you for kind words! Stealing them and posting on my FB, as positive feedback (and constructive negative of course) mean a lot! And M-2000C Red Flag is not that popular, so always good to share some good reviews. Many thanks!

• Like 2