TDC Depress resets TDC cursor instead of locking

If I understand the manuals and Chuck's guide correctly, TDC Depress should lock a contact when the TDC bars are over that contact. But for me when I press the TDC Depress, instead of locking the contact, the TDC bars are reset to their starting position in the top left corner of the DDI. This is happening to me in both NAV and AA modes with the radar DDI set as SOI. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

i am having the same problem, to lock a target i press TDC depress, to unlock it if I press TDC depress again the bars will be placed on higher left cotner of DDI

Is it normal?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

This can happen if you have vjoy or similar running and have assignments in there that have the same DX output as your joystick default. Or in rare cases with the tmwh when using target, where the physical devices were existing along side the virtual device.

If this is the case, simply unassign what ever command is redundant within DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

i am having the same problem, to lock a target i press TDC depress, to unlock it if I press TDC depress again the bars will be placed on higher left cotner of DDI

Is it normal?

Yes, whenever you unlock a target (I use pinky button rather than a tdc depress) The cursors will move to the top left corner of the display.

It's irritating for sure, wonder if that is the way it is in the real jet...but if it is, it is.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

I would like to properly understand the procedure for A2A:

so you move the TDC cursor over the target on the DDI, then you press TDC depress button to lock a target , then to unlock the target do I have to press again TDC depress or Undesignated target (which I bind to the pinky switch) ?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

ok thanks but is it a normal behavour that the TDC cursor move to its default position i,.e. left upper corner?

yeah it is very annoying

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes, this happens to me too: when pressing TDC on an already locked target, target is unlocked (that's good) and cursor moves to upper left corner (that's bad --- annoying to slew back down again). Don't think it is a double press thing ...

Perhaps the tdc moves out of the way to avoid obscuring a new contact ?

Edited by Svsmokey
Word choice

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 year later...

TDC Slew button

Smokey Did anyone ever resolve the issue of the TDC cursor moving to the left after depressing locked target and then it loses lock?

Thrustmaster A10 Warthog

Thrustmaster Rudder

Naturalpoint TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

ACPI x64 PC

Corsair K70 RGB LUX

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Intel i7-8700K@3.70GHz

GeFORCE GTX 1080 Ti

16GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 C15

It's annoying that the TDC still jumps to the top left corner despite the fact that this appeard in the patch notes ages ago already. That fix only applied to pressing NWS, but if you misclick with the TDC depress (ie don't hit the contact correctly in a hurry or an area full of HAFUs that you don't see yourself), the cursor is off to the corner anyway. This costs so much time, it often can be deadly. And you can't tell me this is realistic. I've lost confidence in mankind's intelligence already way in the past, but if that's how the real thing works, it'll be the cherry on top of the icing.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

ok thanks but is it a normal behavour that the TDC cursor move to its default position i,.e. left upper corner?

Only if you press the TDC again.

But . . . if you press "undesignate/nosewheel steering" switch Pinky switch - it unlocks the target, radar resumes scan but . . . . . the cursor does NOT move to the upper left.

So . . . . us the Pinky switch to undesignate and you are ready to go. The keyboard "s".

Standard procedure is to un-designate a locked target via the pinky switch. Doing this will undesignate the target without impacting the location of the TDC.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria