Give Oculus a DCS icon for Oculus Home, please

pimp

Will someone please give Oculus a DCS icon for Oculus Home, please? Or, is there a way we can include an icon ourselves? It's just annoying to see that generic icon every time you load the sim. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I just as soon not have anything there as the shortcut placed in Home does not work to launch the game properly anyway - at least I never have been able to.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I've never had any success starting it from Oculus Home either. I just start it from the desk top and pull the HMD back down over my eyes. The icon is only there for about another half a second before the main loading screen for the game appears. Not a big deal.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

we would need DCS world oculus home edition, and we would all need to rebuy our modules

for yet another DRM...

that's what you have to do to get the steam icon working.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

we would need DCS world oculus home edition, and we would all need to rebuy our modules

for yet another DRM...

that's what you have to do to get the steam icon working.

No Steam here.

Oculus software put a broken shortcut for DCS in there that will not launch the game.

I have posted on it over on the Oculus forums but got no attention.

DCS is the only one I have that will not launch from within Oculus Home for me...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I've never had any success starting it from Oculus Home either. I just start it from the desk top and pull the HMD back down over my eyes. The icon is only there for about another half a second before the main loading screen for the game appears. Not a big deal.

There is an issue on the Manifest file to point the game, which is causing this, i fixed it, but when i reinstalled my Oculus a few days ago, forgot to backup all my manifests, so it's gone, but i cantry to find the link back for it ont eh forums. Only thing i never was able to is create an icons, i never worked and only tutorial found was to make it on Steam which i don't use.

EDIT: sometimes my memory is so bad, it was from one of my thread on the Oculus forum that someone gave me the tips, here's the Quote.

« Home sometimes creates shortcuts that don't work properly for unknown source games, the cause seems to be that it adds unnecessary launch parameters which stop the game launching.

My Steam version of DCS wouldn't launch until I edited its .json file to the below. Basically it just meant deleting the text between the quotation marks after launchParameters. This should work for non-Steam-unknown-source games too, as it did for my No Limits 2 game. My Steam folder is on my D drive so change the location to wherever your game is installed or just delete the launchParameter text between the quotes as described.

{"canonicalName":"D_ProgramFiles(x86)_Steam_steamapps_common_DCSWorld_bin_DCS","displayName":"DCS World","files":{"D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld\\bin\\DCS.exe":""},"firewallExceptionsRequired":false,"isCore":false,"launchFile":"D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld\\bin\\DCS.exe","launchParameters":"","manifestVersion":0,"packageType":"APP","thirdParty":true,"version":"1","versionCode":1}

These json files are located in the Oculus/Manifests folder.

& the icons are located in the Oculus/Software/StoreAsssets folder. »

Edited by Doum76