CH Fighterstick gimbal

I have watched few videos about dissembled stick and haven't seen a mood that removed the springs in that.

I have goal to change that stick to non-spring / non-FF stick by adding friction and removing the gimbal swinging so it doesn't have dents in X and Y axis when you move across axis line.

But before I open it and throw warranty away, does the spring removability as well eliminate the dent?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There are two expansion springs, on removal it should remove the detent, especially if you hold the two arms away from the stick notch that sits between them, though as you say; you'd need to come up with some way of adding friction, else it'll be very odd when in flight.

If you watch at this point 34:00 he shows that actuation of the arms when the stick notch pushes them away against the expansion spring (this is a video you've probably already watched, but this is the money shot)

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

There are two expansion springs, on removal it should remove the detent, especially if you hold the two arms away from the stick notch that sits between them, though as you say; you'd need to come up with some way of adding friction, else it'll be very odd when in flight.

That is actually fairly easy. By using a RC cars shocks you can make a very great adjusted friction for wanted stick by choosing what shock fluid use for them. The real big thing to do is to add a very short extension (like 3-4cm) that adds the four pivot points where to attach the shocks.

If you watch at this point 34:00 he shows that actuation of the arms when the stick notch pushes them away against the expansion spring (this is a video you've probably already watched, but this is the money shot)

Yeah that one is the one. It just doesn't really go much through the gimbal design by itself but I got the same believe that just removing springs and turning those away would do it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 years later...