INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS BY REAL F-18 PILOTS, by general request, please make a sticky

JEFX

(PLEASE, LET'S NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE TO THIS THREAD THAN REAL PILOT'S VIDEOS OR COMMENTS, and, please DEVS, make this a sticky)

LEX TALIONIS VIDEOS

Some boat ops basics VID 1

Some boat ops basics VID 2

AOA, on speed , and various other crazy ideas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

A.E. W. VIDEOS

early impression slow flight

CASE1 Advanced Topics

admin1

Continuation of the CASE 1 topics discussion

Continuation of the CASE 1 topics discussion pt3

CASE 1 Topics part 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A.E. W. VIDEOS (CONTINUED)

CASE 1 Topics part 4.5

CASE 1 PT5

Ball-flying refresher

LSO roleplay recap

CASE I Wrap-up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe the national recognition he got from Tyler Rogoway’s article yesterday (http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21790/f-a-18-pilot-gives-incredibly-detailed-instructions-on-how-to-actually-land-on-a-carrier) was the catalyst.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

What a shame, very insightful for us simmers. There was an article someone posted on here from Drive with an interview from him I hope that is still around as it praises DCS as a sim platform pretty well.

Edit: see post above

Edited by danny875
Esit

Good thinking Rudel

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

There's always a chance he dropped them from his channel because they were already up on the other channels out of respect. Some channels are looking for the view counts, ads, revenue, etc. He gained some popularity quickly so perhaps he just took them down so the other channel could receive the hits on the videos. I wouldn't put too much thought into it or what caused the removal of those videos.

That would be a real shame if Lex was ordered to take down his videos. The information about pattern flying s publicly available after all :(

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

His squadron found out so he took them down. It may be a case of they told him to take them down just to be on the safe side.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Wanna add this? I'm no F-18 pilot, nor am I a IRL pilot, but this video was created with the guidance of a current F-18 pilot. Up to whoever is incharge if this thread, makes no difference to me, just thought I'd share. lm-M3VUy-_I

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Very pleased to see these back up from Lex. I saw them posted here yesterday but was at work, so was looking forward to watching them in the evening, by which time they had disappeared :( So glad it was just an innocent mistake and nothing more serious, thanks to all concerned for bringing them to our attention.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Why make up stuff if you have no idea what the real reason is?
I'm on his discord and he stated that his squadron found out about the videos, I didnt pull this out of thin air!!

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I'm on his discord and he stated that his squadron found out about the videos, I didnt pull this out of thin air!!

You took what he said and made it in to something else. You reached way out into left field, took it out of context, and tried to make it something else.

Obviously, they are back up now, and he posted the reason behind them disappearing. Pretty obvious you did pull it out of thin air.

Edited by Rainmaker

You took what he said and made it in to something else. You reached way out into left field, took it out of context, and tried to make it something else.

Obviously, they are back up now, and he posted the reason behind them disappearing. Pretty obvious you did pull it out of thin air.

Rainmaker. He didn't kill anyone and broke no laws. Chill out man............shhhhhh.......chill!