Huey Performance

Shibbyland

Has something changed in the Huey in a recent patch. I see videos online where guys are doing 100kts+ sling loading, climbing no worries etc.

Every single Argo mission I play I seem to be massively overloaded and the chopper struggles to leave the deck of the carrier without overtemping the engine.

I'm trying to do mission 4 but with the marines on board and a full combat load the chopper just wont climb or turn in the terrain, to fly slowly enough to track the enemy convoy requires overtemping the engine at times unless you choose to briefly land.

Have to be able to change fuel load in these missions in order to make them playable because at the moment as fun as they are, its just a pain flying aircraft so overweight.

I'd gladly take tips if it's something I'm doing wrong but I keep the engine within limits wherever I can so shouldn't be deteriorating power.

Correct modelling of the Huey's engine temperature limits only came in fairly recently, so the vids you've been watching may be from before that fix (i.e. those players were running the engine at temperatures that should cause it to explode!)

I think the best solution is to make sure you always have translational lift. If you need to move slower to track something, try zig-zagging back and forth. For takeoff, I strongly recommend transitioning to forward flight while still in ground effect (in fact I enter forward flight as soon as the skids leave the ground.)