Gaming Laptop help!!

Jackdaws

it either has a GTX1060 or 1070. Make sure it has AT LEAST 16G RAM and you'll be fine.

Being's that it's a laptop, you might have to dial down a setting here and there, but DCS will be more than playable.

Of course, being's that it's a laptop, you'll be hard-pressed to complete an hour-long multi-unit mission without the laptop going full-on china syndrome on you. ANY laptop will be like that.

I assume there's a good reason for going with a laptop, being that for the same money you could build a much more powerful home PC.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

I've been using gaming laptops for years, and that is simply because I live out of a suitcase most of the time.

The biggest issue is cooling and you want to make sure that the case gives enough room for airflow to the radiator fans. I would steer away from anything that tries to be too "compact". You mentioned "thin" and honestly that would worry me, there is no substitute for good cooling airflow and gaming laptops have to give up some compactness in order to achieve that.

My last two gaming laptops have been Sagers and they both have excellent cooling, and when i'm home I place it on top of a metal notebook cooling pad. I have NEVER had an issue with overheating from long sessions. Just make sure if you don't use a cooling pad to slightly elevate the laptop to get good cooling under the case. Also it's imperative that you remove dust from the fans and radiators, something I do once a month at least.

They have come a long way since laptops were first introduced as gaming platforms. The ability to carry my hobby with me throughout the world more than makes up for some lost FPS or eye candy.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

it either has a GTX1060 or 1070. Make sure it has AT LEAST 16G RAM and you'll be fine.

Being's that it's a laptop, you might have to dial down a setting here and there, but DCS will be more than playable.

Of course, being's that it's a laptop, you'll be hard-pressed to complete an hour-long multi-unit mission without the laptop going full-on china syndrome on you. ANY laptop will be like that.

lol thanks!

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I assume there's a good reason for going with a laptop, being that for the same money you could build a much more powerful home PC.

Yes, i have desktop with 1080ti etc.. but im currently living in spain and thats about to come to a end in a few months... i will need to sell my rig and buy a laptop until i can set myself up again in another country.

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been using gaming laptops for years, and that is simply because I live out of a suitcase most of the time.

The biggest issue is cooling and you want to make sure that the case gives enough room for airflow to the radiator fans. I would steer away from anything that tries to be too "compact". You mentioned "thin" and honestly that would worry me, there is no substitute for good cooling airflow and gaming laptops have to give up some compactness in order to achieve that.

My last two gaming laptops have been Sagers and they both have excellent cooling, and when i'm home I place it on top of a metal notebook cooling pad. I have NEVER had an issue with overheating from long sessions. Just make sure if you don't use a cooling pad to slightly elevate the laptop to get good cooling under the case. Also it's imperative that you remove dust from the fans and radiators, something I do once a month at least.

They have come a long way since laptops were first introduced as gaming platforms. The ability to carry my hobby with me throughout the world more than makes up for some lost FPS or eye candy.

Thanks for the info... the living out of a suitcase thing is about to start for me.. thanks for your info.

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]