Ground and Building textures Mod thread

those look fantasstic.

has ED ever mentioned if any of these old assets are in line for updates?

Also - will this be a JGSME mod?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

fantastic!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Large Airbase type office building

Another one.. did a whole new texture for this larger Airbase type office building.. the original file was home3d.edm from DCS 1.5. Sadly, many models are very poorly done. You see the gap between the roof and mainwalls. Thats sad.. I hope we can get more 3D modelers in here. I can do tons of textures. I don't need fancy edm models for objects like this but at least models without bugs.

Everyone that is interested pm me.. we can enhance those Airbases alot.:thumbup:

screen_180716_182925.png

screen_180716_182959.png

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

Trees

Thanks to all of you, I hope @ED @Chizh will see this sooner or later .. in the following picture you can see why i needed more trees, and why i've used the DCS 1.5 edm file trees. If ED could give us the option to draw SpeedTrees with the mouse inside the ME this would be a blessing.. kinda like if you click the mouse button one time you get a small tree, or hold it and get bigger trees that you can draw along the map like a pencil tool in photoshop.:photo: I've allready created new summer textures for the old tree files to match them more to the SpeedTrees (at least in color).

screen_180717_004503.jpg

@Hazzerboraco which textures? old Tree textures from DCS 1.5? taxiways? runway..buildings?:pirate:

Runways would be great! Or even place a new runway on open ground if that's even possible. :)

I assume you need 3dmax for all this correct?

@walleye62 don't wanne burst your bubble, but it's impossible to do.

-How should KI know that there is a new Airfield?

-You got grass all across the map so you will see it growing through the "new" runway.

-How should KI know that there's a taxiway, where to go, left right.. all this is coded.

- if you would land it would be the same as landing in a field, you would explode right away.

Yes it would be a dream to have a pack from ED called Airbase Builder, where you could build airfields, taxiways, choose between different Shelters and buildings, All western, russian style.. but I guess this will remain a dream.

sorry mate

blder, 3ds, obj file

I might be insane but i've started with blender today, i've never done 3d models before but i thought to start somewhere..

The problem so far is that the exported obj file or 3ds file will not include the texture, there's a mtl file but i tryed everything.. must have been done something wrong anyway. If some of you guys are familiar with blender, hit me up. Hawkeye60 can convert them to edm models..

Here's my first 3D model ever with a placeholder texture right now.. I want real taxiway signs thats why i've started to go into the 3d modeling world.. got headache now after learning blender the whole day..:sleep:

taxiwaysignscreenshoot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Incoming News,

since i got my hands on 3ds Max things changed.. i've created some new trees that do work in the latest version of DCSW without that insane transparency effect. I've created a few different rows so you can cover different areas. In the following screen you can see the speed trees in background, the trees at the Airfield are my Trees. It was a painfull work and my first 3d Models ever. Those trees don't take much space, a whole "Woodarea" is about 400kb, Textures about 4mb. Sure they don't have that much detail as speedtrees, but Speedtrees are at least a hundred times bigger and will sooner or later affect your performance

My Second Object is the new "Taxiway" sign, I've used bumpmaps too. Enjoy

screen_180802_131049.pngscreen_180802_131108.pngscreen_180802_130919.pngscreen_180802_130935.png

:beer::flowers:

Does this stuff pass IC for multiplayer? I love all of this stuff you guys are coming up with!

Random also... Is it possible to increase the grass distance and push it's view distance out further than the options slider allows you to?

Is it possible to convert grass to desert ie. The grass used in the 4 pad helipad .the green look out of. Place. In. The. Persian Gulf. Also how do make a helipad over water show as ground for vehicles?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

@BlacleyCole converting grass to Desert land..uhm, You might turn grass off or to zero inside the options menu of DCS, maybe this will solve the problem that you don't see no grass anymore. I don't have the Persian Gulf map, but you might browse to the vfstextures or vfxtextures (forgot the name right now I'm not on my computer) and check if you can find that texture. Don't know if you can place the helipad over water.. seems to be a lua script thing but don't quote me on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Maintenance Aircraft Shelter

took a while for a noob like me to get stuff done... so lets go, first of yes all that stuff pass multiplayer had no problems so far.

Some New Stuff i'm working on.. not finished yet but getting closer with this Big Shelter...

Enjoy:pilotfly:

screen_180824_222954.jpgscreen_180824_223101.jpgscreen_180824_223816.jpgscreen_180824_224005.jpg