Activating Campaigns

I just bought the F-5E BFM campaign, and the required F-15 module. I also have bought the P-51D Challenge campaign. I can't get either of them activated. In reading the "fine print" do I understand I can't use these with the Open Beta version of DCS? They only work with the Stable version?

Thanks,

VinnieJones

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Hi. It might be a misunderstanding on my part, or a typo on yours, but the F-5E campaign needs the F-5E module, and not the F-15 module.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Hi. It might be a misunderstanding on my part, or a typo on yours, but the F-5E campaign needs the F-5E module, and not the F-15 module.

I read you needed the F-15 campaign to make the F-5 BFM campaign work.

More specifically, once I have paid for, downloaded, and added the activation keys, why do the campaigns I mentioned still show “inactive”? In the F-5 BFM campaign, the only action I is see is a C-130 landing and taxiing to a parking spot.

What about the OB vs Stable question?

Edited by TWC_SLAG
Typo

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

"Inactive" in the campaign menu simply means you haven't started them yet. Once you fly a mission this will change to "Active"

I don't work with Sabre but I would be legitimately surprised if anything having to do with the F-15C was required for the F-5 campaign.

As far as version numbers: campaign requirements will list the earliest version required, anything after will be fine. I.E. the campaign says it requires 2.5.0 stable, but should work on 2.5.2 stable, 2.5.2 openbeta, etc. etc. Bugs may crop up as DCS evolves but campaign authors try to stay on top of them.

"Inactive" in the campaign menu simply means you haven't started them yet. Once you fly a mission this will change to "Active"

I don't work with Sabre but I would be legitimately surprised if anything having to do with the F-15C was required for the F-5 campaign.

As far as version numbers: campaign requirements will list the earliest version required, anything after will be fine. I.E. the campaign says it requires 2.5.0 stable, but should work on 2.5.2 stable, 2.5.2 openbeta, etc. etc. Bugs may crop up as DCS evolves but campaign authors try to stay on top of them.

OK. As you may have figured out, I’m new to campaigns.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Yeah first dumb question do you have the f-5? Are you able to enter the cockpit of the f-5?

Did you select the f-5 aircraft then the f-5 bf,m campaign then the mission you wish to fly iirc?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.