DCS F-14 Update: JESTER AI Behind the Scenes Recording & Multicrew

Cobra847

Wow it looks amazing! Did we see an AIM-54 launch in the video or not btw?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And do both pilot and copilot (RIO?) have launch-missile buttons on their joysticks?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Guys this looks AMAZING!!! Really looking forward to this bird and to doing a nice campaign for it :)

You are? Oh man, my Tomcat hype just went from "Can't wait" to "OMG OMG OMG!" :thumbup:

;3550829']The joystick you see in the Rio cockpit as far as I know' date=' only co tells the radar. It’s not an aircraft controlling stick. I may be wrong though.[/quote']

You're not wrong. I believe it was also used to control the Tomcat's targeting pod.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

As far as I know the RIO controls fox 1 and fox 3, the pilot shoot fox 2 and guns

Your half right. The RIO can shoot fox 1 and 3, but so can the pilot. The pilot has ultimate responsibility for the Aircraft. Who actually shoots is up to the crew.

So will F-14 release as early access soon, without Jester (who needs it, there are enough players willing to team up with players), and Jester be available as extra module later on? (PLEASE release F-14 Beta or so as soon as possible! I don't need "jester"! There are enough pilots to offer to take pilot- or RIO seat!)

So will F-14 release as early access soon, without Jester (who needs it, there are enough players willing to team up with players), and Jester be available as extra module later on? (PLEASE release F-14 Beta or so as soon as possible! I don't need "jester"! There are enough pilots to offer to take pilot- or RIO seat!)

...Where are you getting that?

JESTER is critical to the F-14..it won't be a functioning module without it.

Just because you don't need it doesn't mean others won't need it (IE offline pilots, etc)..so..you'll get it when it's ready.

Shouldn't the priority be set on multiplayer? That's where the missions are most realistic (when a pilot actually replies realistically to a request/statement)

Shouldn't the priority be set on multiplayer? That's where the missions are most realistic (when a pilot actually replies realistically to a request/statement)

No, the priority should be making it as complete as possible for the most people.

What you're doing is justifying your impatience by acting as if it's for the greater good

Realistic? Have you seen some of these multiplayer videos?:megalol:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

While I understand that F14 is inherently a crew platform, DCS has stated again and again that vast majority of customers are single players. So it would make sense to target their largest audience.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Will JESTER be available for MP as well? So in case I don't want a human RIO. This sometimes might be the case...

Thay have stated that it will be available,

Howerver, Unlike SP, you would not be able to "pop on the back seat for a second".

We're far along and getting closer all the time, we will release with at least basic Jester functionality that will work both in SP and MP. It is not though what's holding back the release of the aircraft so even if we didn't include Jester at first that wouldn't make the aircraft release sooner.

In regards to the joystick in the back seat, the one that's visible in the clips and screenshots atm, that's the HCU (Hand Control Unit) that's used to control the radar, TCS and TID. The LANTIRN will have it's own joystick to the side when it's present.

AIM-7 and AIM-54 launch from the back seat is from a launch button at the weapons control panel at the left side of the RIO pit. The pilot can launch those as well from his stick, in addition to all the other weapons.

In regards to controlling the aircraft from the backseat it's a no atm, but we never say never.

What you have to realize though is that the back seat operation is not a part time job and doing both at the same time would put you at quite the disadvantage.

Jester should more than fill that role and if you want more granular/fine control over the radar you would need a human RIO anyhow to get the most out of it.

It is not though what's holding back the release of the aircraft so even if we didn't include Jester at first that wouldn't make the aircraft release sooner.

Damn, now I want to know what's holding back the release of the aircraft :music_whistling:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Damn, now I want to know what's holding back the release of the aircraft :music_whistling:

There’s still multiple things that need finetuning, just saying that it wouldn’t be ready for release right now even if we removed Jester.

This could not be more wrong. 95 to 99% of DCS players stay in single-player and from what I see most of the open multiplayer servers are not that realistic.

Not the owner's fault it's hard to make random people coordinate in a realistic manner...

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

This could not be more wrong. 95 to 99% of DCS players stay in single-player and from what I see most of the open multiplayer servers are not that realistic.

Not the owner's fault it's hard to make random people coordinate in a realistic manner...

if the 95% number was true, and maybe it is... it's a damned shame. There's so much great gameplay to be had playing with friends... I'm hoping the f-14 helps change the single player nature of DCS.