How to get the carrier on a very specific heading?

Mule

“...cavemanish...”. ROFL that’s a good one!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I think you can use the ruler to find distance and heading. Pick a spot and drop the waypoint there.

Much appreciated. This works really well. Could do with a little readout for the figure somewhere though. Perhaps put all development, patches and updates on hold untill this feature is added. Just a thought.

:D

:thumbup:

You can also place a ship with no waypoints give it a heading and a speed using the menu on the right and it will steam that way until it hits something. Place the ship far enough out and you'll be golden. Keep in mind though, as soon as you place a waypoint the heading option goes away in the menu and the ships heading is slaved to wpt 1. This method obviously doesn't allow planned routes, but it is good for quick mission setup, as well as allowing you to move the ship in the editor without messing up the heading.

If you need wpts then yes, the ruler trick is the way to go.

Really if the heading options just stayed visible when we placed a waypoint we could use it to eliminate the trial and error.

Edited by Mad_Max2

Mule,

If you're trying to get the carrier into the wind, check out Wrench's script here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213662

VERY easy to use, and makes it seem like the bird farm is working within a CVOA.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann