F/A-18C Lot 20 Template Questions / Help

SkateZilla

Can I ask where I find the Tail Antenna on DIFF2? I cant for the life of me find it. I've painted the Tail black but at the top where the antenna are, they are white.

Thanks

Edited by Riskyflier

-Risky ; Wildcats

Specs: AMD 3900X, Aorus Elite X570, 48GB, MSI 1080Ti, PCIe SSD, X56, Valve Index

• 4 months later...

Is there a way in Model Viewer to view the external fuel tank/livery?

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, didn't realize you could load both at the same time! Thanks, Texac and mu110! Gives me something new to try now. :thumbup:

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

Maybe somebody can help me? I'm having major issues that stop me from advancing in my livery making.

The first one is - Why my Photoshop makes everything RED? You see, it's default Vampires skin, and it has redish hue to it. It happens to everything, no settings work, and google has no answer. It's extremely difficult to work with distorted colors without knowing what the end result will be. When I try to adjust color mode, nothing changes. And once I tried to set it to monitor settings - it started to look perfect, although if I would save the file into PNG, it would have greenish hue to it. I'm really out of options.

It's fine in other editors, like Paint Tool SAI.

VrUddlg.jpg

And second one - Why is my Model Viewer limited to only F/A-18? I tried SkateZilla's setttings for ModelViewer's autoexec. But when I wanted to remove this limitation, I haven't found these lines of code. I replaced the file with my friend's one and it still shows only F/A-18. When I open F-16 model Database is blank

LoadModel("CoreMods/aircraft/FA-18C/Shapes/fa-18c.lods")
LoadLivery("FA-18C_hornet","LIVERY FOLDER NAME")

0y3fnF3.png

Edited by BatLunette

Okay, first problem solved. Thanks to one guy who helped me and this video:

Changing profiles in Color Management to Adobe RGB 1998 and making them default helped, only use sRGB in PS, otherwise it'll show over-saturated picture compared to any other software you use. (or wsRGB, works the same way)

Edited by BatLunette

• 4 weeks later...

Just surprised i can't find through the Internet an italic font used for VFA / VMFA and squadron names lettering at Hornet's spines and fuel tanks.

This kind of typography is very common in Navy and USMC. How do you make it for textures?

46882_1286720128.jpg

I don't know but I've been told

It's been said that God is dead

Jet fighters never cry, jet fighters never die

Just surprised i can't find through the Internet an italic font used for VFA / VMFA and squadron names lettering at Hornet's spines and fuel tanks.

This kind of typography is very common in Navy and USMC. How do you make it for textures?

46882_1286720128.jpg

Awesome liverie! hope someone can make this one.

Best regards, and keep safe.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

46882_1286720128.jpg

In Photoshop, when you transform anything (including text) you can hold ctrl and grab one side of the transform box to move that one while keeping the opposite side in the same place. This lets you for example shift the top of the text to the right while keeping the bottom in place giving you slanted text. I'd also love to know which Hornet that is in the background with the red/yellow tail, never seen one like that before.

Edited by _mu110_

Thank you! Now i see... So what's the original not slanted font liveries makers use here? Is USN Stencil good enough or everyone here buys LongBeachUSN?

Keep in mind the Marines use a slightly different font compared to the Navy (depending on the squadron). If you look close, the interior angles are less than 90° (very noticeable with 2, 0, S, O and R).

Amarillo-USAF is much closer to what you're looking for in that specific picture.

amarillo_usaf.gif

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Thank you with fonts question gentlemen! Now the things are much more clear for me!

Have another beginner's question i can't find the answer on Forum. What are the correct settings for Intel dds export plugin? There a lot of settings...

Capture.PNG.dddbee6de78c18f71492d64fc81f52e5.PNG

Hmmm... Thank you! But i have noticed if i use these settings i get texture 21.3 MB size. Just to compare with stock DCS Hornet textures which are 10.6 MB.

If i use settings as below i have exactly the same texture size of 10.6 MB (11,184,952 bytes)

Capture_2.PNG.abf9f1e8f7fbd7524128cdffb65ac24d.PNG

• 1 month later...

Is there anyway to get the raw normal maps for the Hornet? I've tried editing the ones that are in the textures file but they suffer heavily from recompression issues.

I'm trying to add some mapping around the ID light that the RCAF/SwissAF/KuwaitAF/FinlandAF use on their Hornets.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...