Smoke Pods

iKyrThraad993i

how would you turn on an off the smoke pod if it was mounted on the hornet?

is this a DCS feature or programmed individually for every aircraft module?

No different than a smokewinder, you would just bind it to a key or a button on the stick or throttle.

Dreadnaut

Virtual Blue Angels #2

No different than a smokewinder, you would just bind it to a key or a button on the stick or throttle.

yes, of course.

but what command is required?

most modules have the generic FlamingCliffs Command "T" for smoke.

but in DCS: F/A-18C there is no such command.

If it was possible to edit some files, in which file would this command be written?

to put the white smoke pods into the FA-18C.lua was easy, but where do I have to go now to turn them on in flight?

blibet suber!

😄

ray

Swiss Jet Team Movie 2021

Putting the command in, still doesnt work. I tried.

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I sincerely hope this is the last feature they add.
Me too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

In case you missed it. Looks like next Wednesday you'll get smoke.

From Wags Mini Update thread.

"Hi everyone!

This week we plan to migrate the current Open Beta to the Release version. We've put this off for the past two weeks as we worked on some Hornet and other items.

For next week's Open Beta, we plan (not promise):

1- GBU-10, 12, and 16 laser-guided bombs with off-board designation.

2- Bullseye (A/A Waypoint) and BRA indications.

3- Improved IR Maverick axis slew and other Maverick fixes/additions like improved ship attack, longer ship lock ranges, range indications when slaved, and others.

4- Fixed DUD cue.

5- New radar defaults based on SME feedback.

6- Fixed cockpit art like left DDI error.

7- JHMCS updates like look-up reticles.

8- Air show smoke.

9- Fixed ACM HUD mode indications.

10- L&S target heading on attack format.

I'll have some Bulls/BRA and LGB videos coming by the weekend.

In parallel, the team is hard at work on the HARM, datalink (SA page, MIDS, Link-16), FLIR rendering tech, and A/G rendering tech.

All of this will be part of 2.5.4.

Thanks!"

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

:clap::bounce::clap::bounce::clap:

EDIT:

Whats the betting its actually exhaust smoke like the Blue Angels have and not Smokewinders? lol ;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Whats the betting its actually exhaust smoke like the Blue Angels have and not Smokewinders? lol ;)

I wouldnt mind either one of both :thumbup:

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

• 11 months later...

Is there a way to have 2 gun pods for smoke ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Is there a way to have 2 gun pods for smoke ?

Fairly certain you only select one smoke for the Hornet - but I am 1,9xx miles away from my computer with DCS on it. Will be back Sunday for return flight on DCS, so can verify that for you.

For now, you can just add some additional fuel - then set your BINGO and activate fuel dump and the smoke. You’ll get two colors of trail at least. Just don’t set your BINGO too low, otherwise you might find yourself punching out. If you weren’t aware, fuel dump automatically disables once set BINGO has been reached.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 months later...

Couldl anyone please explain how the smoke pods in the F-18 work? I've read somewhere that they are activated by pressing "S" on the keyboard, but that doesn't work for me. I'm talking about the official smoke generators for the F-18, not the smokewinder mod.