Video memory manager

Hi, I thought this is the right place to start a thread about this "problem". As far as I know, this manager cleans up every resource that wasn't used in the last 10 seconds. I don't know if this is related but every time when, let's say I'm looking at the map (a bit longer, because I need some more info from there) and then come back to a cockpit, I don't see the ground textures and it loads back up after like 5-10 seconds. If this is possible, in my opinion this manager also needs some priorites like the ground textures for example.

P.S. I'm using HDD, not SSD.

My example below:

2a5zodf.png

Hi...

This happens for me too... Especially if I switch to the F10 map and then back - the terrain is not visible for perhaps 5-10 seconds, after which is rapidly renders again...

Not a major problem, but definitely an issue.

BubbaG

Ask the developers.

How does the Video memory manager work?

Does he always delete unused textures from the video memory after 10 seconds or does he only do this when the free video memory runs out?

I have a graphics card with 16GiB video memory (AMD VEGA Frontier Edition) and DCS use a maximum of 6 GiB.

With the old version 1.5.8, 8GiB Video Ram are sometimes used.

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

The first version of the video memory manager is presented, which will purge the video memory when the video memory budget allocated by Windows is reached. The resources that were not used in the last 10 seconds are first to be purged.

This is how it works. In this case I think it's not about VRAM of a GPU, but Windows page file. If you don't have enough RAM, then some resources are stored in the page file (virtual memory on your hard drive). I've got 16GBs of RAM, settings in DCS mostly set to low (with 1050Ti 4GBs) and still, ONLY ground textures are actually disappearing for 5-10 seconds, and ONLY when I look at the map.

This is how it works. In this case I think it's not about VRAM of a GPU, but Windows page file. If you don't have enough RAM, then some resources are stored in the page file (virtual memory on your hard drive). I've got 16GBs of RAM, settings in DCS mostly set to low (with 1050Ti 4GBs) and still, ONLY ground textures are actually disappearing for 5-10 seconds, and ONLY when I look at the map.

Does it also happen to you if you look at other units? For example if you switch to view a far off AI aircraft with the F2 external view? For me, sometimes the terrain reloads quickly but on some occasions I'm stuck with ocean beneath me for 30 seconds. That happens more often after viewing F10. Frustrating because this didn't happen with earlier versions of 2.5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]