Holy Cow!

Speedbrake

DCS: Mooving Cattle Campaign

:megalol:

The cattle are very adaptive it seems, besides it looks like SERIOUS FUN!

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Hopefully it will not end on the cows only. Goats, deers, whales, camels, rabbits ect. are important too and would greatly improve immersion of the world, especially for choppers' pilots.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I love those little touches that improve immersion or make one smile, but this time I am with the guys think this should be way down in the priority list.

Come on guys, seriously, how did this thing ended up being prioritized for development when we've had big lighting issues for months: exterior lights making the cockpit super bright, lights that don't illuminate units, cotton white clouds in the middle of the night with no moon, canopies visible through fog (this one has been there for years and still hasn't been fixed after many graphic engine updates).

Maybe the marketing value of this ("wow, look at that, it's so detailed! it even has cows and they even move their tail!") was deemed more important that fixing important bugs that are not so immediately visible. As a loyal customer, I'm disappointed.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I love those little touches that improve immersion or make one smile, but this time I am with the guys think this should be way down in the priority list.

Come on guys, seriously, how did this thing ended up being prioritized for development when we've had big lighting issues for months: exterior lights making the cockpit super bright, lights that don't illuminate units, cotton white clouds in the middle of the night with no moon, canopies visible through fog (this one has been there for years and still hasn't been fixed after many graphic engine updates).

Maybe the marketing value of this ("wow, look at that, it's so detailed! it even has cows and they even move their tail!") was deemed more important that fixing important bugs that are not so immediately visible. As a loyal customer, I'm disappointed.

These are different teams cuervo111, you cannot push new coders into a new graphics engine built over the last few years and say help fix this can you. It would take them months to just understand the direction they have gone and perhaps years to understand what bugs are happening and why. This is the easier stuff that can be quickly implemented. All that other stuff with lighting etc will come now the (engine guy's) are getting close to locking it down.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

These are different teams cuervo111, you cannot push new coders into a new graphics engine built over the last few years and say help fix this can you. It would take them months to just understand the direction they have gone and perhaps years to understand what bugs are happening and why. This is the easier stuff that can be quickly implemented. All that other stuff with lighting etc will come now the (engine guy's) are getting close to locking it down.

Fair point David. I know the guys responsible for the engine are likely to be different from the art guys.

However, it is my understanding that many of the lighting issues are actually due to models and textures not being yet updated to work with the new engine. There are several mentions of it by ED and in fact progress has been made by them for example in the A-10C and by 3rd party modules like the Mig21. I understand materials and textures need to change in order to react correctly to the new PBR lighting system. Thus I think this is mostly an art department issue right now.

Of course, I'm probably wrong but I'd love ED to at least acknowledge some of the bugs that have been there for months/years.

And even if this was the project of someone new, I think many will agree there are lots of more important models to be updated/improved. For example the golf course northwest of Vegas is an important navigation reference point and is even mentioned in some missions and tbh it looks just quite bad.

I'm not whining, I don't expect perfection and I understand things take time (I've been using ED sims since Flanker 2.0) but sometimes I feel they really need to improve communication about this kind of thing instead of ignoring all these questions from the community and suddenly saying "Look! we have cows".

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Fair point David. I know the guys responsible for the engine are likely to be different from the art guys.

However, it is my understanding that many of the lighting issues are actually due to models and textures not being yet updated to work with the new engine. There are several mentions of it by ED and in fact progress has been made by them for example in the A-10C and by 3rd party modules like the Mig21. I understand materials and textures need to change in order to react correctly to the new PBR lighting system. Thus I think this is mostly an art department issue right now.

Of course, I'm probably wrong but I'd love ED to at least acknowledge some of the bugs that have been there for months/years.

And even if this was the project of someone new, I think many will agree there are lots of more important models to be updated/improved. For example the golf course northwest of Vegas is an important navigation reference point and is even mentioned in some missions and tbh it looks just quite bad.

I'm not whining, I don't expect perfection and I understand things take time (I've been using ED sims since Flanker 2.0) but sometimes I feel they really need to improve communication about this kind of thing instead of ignoring all these questions from the community and suddenly saying "Look! we have cows".

Totally get where your coming from to cuervo111:thumbup: This has also been frustrating for ED and 3rd parties, some 3rd parties even just stopped while ED was making major changes, others continue because they know where ED will get to and are on for the journey knowing they may need to fix and or update their module(s). It took some time before the Mig-21 got updated, it was frustrating:cry: They too would have been waiting to do the fix (Once hopefully). That also go's for the A-10C etc. If the guy's have to make another major change to the graphic engine it could force another update on textures.

It would be nice for more communication, I also understand why they don't from past experience. I would love some post from ED's team like these few.

X-Plane Blade Element Theory vs. DCS Physics?

CPU Core number

what is being refactored/rewritten does use multi-threading where possible.

atm the major parts which do it are:

resource loading and other I/O (logging, input, ffb ...), integrity checking, sound

w/o rewriting the engine, splitting simulation into a separate thread from the graphics will benefit it most - which will be, in fact, the mentioned client-server approach, just inside the app.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I like the idea!

It's a good way to test the tech and perfs, in a funny way! And yes, it 'populates' the world. Hope it'll not hurt the overall performances...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Totally get where your coming from to cuervo111:thumbup: This has also been frustrating for ED and 3rd parties, some 3rd parties even just stopped while ED was making major changes, others continue because they know where ED will get to and are on for the journey knowing they may need to fix and or update their module(s). It took some time before the Mig-21 got updated, it was frustrating:cry: They too would have been waiting to do the fix (Once hopefully). That also go's for the A-10C etc. If the guy's have to make another major change to the graphic engine it could force another update on textures.

It would be nice for more communication, I also understand why they don't from past experience. I would love some post from ED's team like these few.

X-Plane Blade Element Theory vs. DCS Physics?

CPU Core number

Nice posts there! I would certainly love to see more like that.:thumbup:

I'm also starting to think that having a public issue tracker would be good ... but I guess that's another topic :)

Hopefully it will not end on the cows only. Goats, deers, whales, camels, rabbits ect. are important too and would greatly improve immersion of the world, especially for choppers' pilots.

+1

I hope they keep this immersion level.

Keep the good work guys.

Goats next :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

Cows can wait, would be better to have more important things fixed before, like lighting effects (landing light, cockpit lighting etc etc...)

+1

After the announcement a while ago .... about trains, more detailed trains ????

Now cattle, I begin to wonder what is going on in ED HQ with project priorities

There are defo things that could do with a make over more important than cows,

eg some of the very old a low quality models of the aircraft for one

mg bunkers could do with a bit of a touch up, some of the ships models are very potato

Whilst I appreciate adding more things to make the sim more "real", I find

it odd that thing like this are done, that from what I could see isnt really going

to make for a better piloting experience

Or is there a "DCS Cattle herding" DLC in the works ?

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I wonder how long we have to wait before we finally get national cow breeds. I mean, in Germany there are already huge differences between, for example Bavaria and northern Germany :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

+1

After the announcement a while ago .... about trains, more detailed trains ????

Now cattle, I begin to wonder what is going on in ED HQ with project priorities

There are defo things that could do with a make over more important than cows,

eg some of the very old a low quality models of the aircraft for one

mg bunkers could do with a bit of a touch up, some of the ships models are very potato

Whilst I appreciate adding more things to make the sim more "real", I find

it odd that thing like this are done, that from what I could see isnt really going

to make for a better piloting experience

Or is there a "DCS Cattle herding" DLC in the works ?

The "Cows" has only a part of the new infantry animations on DCS. The 3rd modeles has maked actually a ground technical with none has talking, with several tens of animations, but part of the community get with torches vs ED by a cow with use the same technology. What happens if Wags of other ED member show the carrier crew? a pic show some days ago, and nowhere has talking about them?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

The "Cows" has only a part of the new infantry animations on DCS. The 3rd modeles has maked actually a ground technical with none has talking, with several tens of animations, but part of the community get with torches vs ED by a cow with use the same technology. What happens if Wags of other ED member show the carrier crew? a pic show some days ago, and nowhere has talking about them?

Honestly no idea what you are trying to say, it does not read as english as I understand it

Yep I get it. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I havn't read all the topic and I just can say that if animated cows or other pets are coming in DCS, I just hope that it's just a beginning.

In the wishlist section, I've often spoke about animated civilians or others stuffs like airport vehicles, or cable cars in mountains or more models of civilian cars available in the ME, some kinds of boats for rivers and all I've already spoke in the wislist section to make DCS more alive and no limiting it to war ambience.

With the 2.5 ED gave us a wonderful land to fly and it's too bad to use it just with military and war affairs. Ok it's a simulator with only war flying machines but war flying machines are flying in peace times too. Hope the animated cows are only the beginning

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Nice, but i personaly would rather them to be working on stuff more useful and wanted in a flight sim ratehr than a Farm Sim or Sim City, like animated ground crew, pilots we could set on ME to create scenes, etc..etc... Or at lest get videos of this if they are. :)

First of all, when you have a TEAM of developers, it means you have like 20% of 3D modelers, 30% of coders, 5-10% testers, 5-10% texture artists and all other from translators to community support to technical advisors etc.

And you are doing dozens of projects going on same time, where different developers has already done their phase in the projects that are going on. So they can either just go home to do nothing, or do something totally secondary tasks.

And then you simply have in many companies that specific times people can do what they want, as that will increase their productivity and so on value to company and eventually to end users because happier and more productive worker does better than someone doing TO-DO lists.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Probably didn't make my point clearly, I was just trying to say there

might be things that could have been looked at before working on bovines

for a Digital Combat Simulator

Things that I think might really enhance the DCS

1. "Red" side Machine gunner soldier

2. "Blue" side AT soldier (rpg or carl gustaff?)

3. Fixed MGs for both side (50 Cal?, DHsK on a stand)

4. Techincal for both sides, (a pickup with 50 cal?)

5. Technical with AT weapon (a pickup base with an AT launcher)

6. Access to being able to put down the pilot model so adding more atmosphere in mission

7. A few different uniforms for the soldier models

8. Update the textures for older building ground objects eg bunkers (pill boxes)

9. Update models / textures for some of the older aircraft

Now, just a thought if you put a poll up with all these items and added

10. Add cows to DCS

Do you think cows would have won the poll ?

No but I'm willing to bet the reason we have cows now was because it was easy and quick to make at high quality.

main-qimg-a18a7adb172fa2f7103f5c3ec342bfa6

And they added to atmosphere and it was on the schedule to be done at some point.

Edited by aileron