[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

Hey guys

First and foremost, many thanks to the community and the folks who made this.

I am having some problems though.

1.) Super Carrier does not work on the get go. I have it checked, but all I get is Stennis. I need to create 1 campaign and click on a new campaign 1 more time to have it work, after the initial session of the first one. Weird.

2.) The AI WP is not taking my Altitude changes. Is there a reason why? It always goes back to the old numbers.

I love the new format, great job Khopa! One option I need some help with is setting the departure times. Some of the defaults are set at 45-50 minutes?? Can someone please share their strategy and how to set these times effectively. Thank you!

I would also like to thank the developers as this Liberation campaign has provided me the most memorable moments since I started simming with DCS. From shooting down scrambling Iranian an F-14s with my avenger cannon after I bombed their base in the dark of night to actually having lots of fun planning the next turn, this piece of software helps achieving the modularity and scale that I always craved for with DCS.

Edited by GCBraun

Intel i7-13700k | Zotac Trinity RTX 4090 | Asrock B660 Steel Legend | 32Gb RAM 3600 | 2TB NVMe + 2TB SSD + 8TB HDD | Corsair TX850M | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | LG 4K OLED 48CX8LC

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL

I love the new format, great job Khopa! One option I need some help with is setting the departure times. Some of the defaults are set at 45-50 minutes?? Can someone please share their strategy and how to set these times effectively. Thank you!

Generally I delete the default planned flights and just start from scratch with SEAD and CAS flights departing right away, followed by two or three CAP flights departing every 10 minutes, depending on the expected mission duration.

Intel i7-13700k | Zotac Trinity RTX 4090 | Asrock B660 Steel Legend | 32Gb RAM 3600 | 2TB NVMe + 2TB SSD + 8TB HDD | Corsair TX850M | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | LG 4K OLED 48CX8LC

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL

Generally I delete the default planned flights and just start from scratch with SEAD and CAS flights departing right away, followed by two or three CAP flights departing every 10 minutes, depending on the expected mission duration.

I wasn't brave enough to do that at first :cry: but your method makes more sense. Thank you for the response!

Truly an amazing add-on, and many thanks Khopa!

That said, I was wondering if anyone had seen this behaior:

I found that longer, larger flights can trigger the end-script to hang and never recognize the mission has ended, losing all progress.

After 2 normal cycles of mission planning in Liberation's GUI, run mission, exit, tally results, I launched a large offensive with the ground forces from one airbase commanded to 'breakout' in the Liberation settings. I did change loadouts for my flight in mission editor, but that's it (and hasn't caused issues on previous missions).

On exit from that hour long mission, the tally presented by Liberation's info screen appeared correct (some 500+ weapons fired, 35 aircraft, 178 ground units destroyed). However it still showed "Mission is being played." ARG!

Seeing as the info was probably lost anyway, i tabbed back into DCS, restarted the mission, and immediately exited. The Liberation engine then correctly caught and completed the post-mission processing and showed 'accept results.' Of course, the results were now 0/0/0/ :P

From the log generated, it appears to have hung on a crucial step before finishing processing. Here's the relevant bits if anyone is seeing this issue - key points marked with ### ###

2020-07-28 22:51:21,415 :: INFO :: {<class 'dcs.vehicles.Infantry.Paratrooper_RPG_16'>: 7, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Infantry.Paratrooper_AKS'>: 49, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Infantry.Infantry_Soldier_Rus'>: 32, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_80U'>: 8, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_72B'>: 4, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_90'>: 2, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Artillery.SPH_2S19_Msta'>: 6, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Artillery.MLRS_9K57_Uragan_BM_27'>: 8, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.APC_BTR_80'>: 2, <class 'dcs.vehicles.AirDefence.SAM_SA_13_Strela_10M3_9A35M3'>: 1, <class 'dcs.vehicles.AirDefence.SAM_SA_10_S_300PS_SR_64H6E'>: 1, <class 'dcs.vehicles.AirDefence.AAA_ZU_23_Emplacement'>: 3}INFO:root:{}

2020-07-28 22:51:21,415 :: INFO :: {} INFO:root:{}

2020-07-28 22:51:21,415 :: INFO :: {} On Debriefing update <userdata.debriefing.Debriefing object at 0x0000025346DA9160> ###Script appears to have halted here###

INFO:root:-------------------------------- ###retrigger mission by launching mission and immediately exiting###

2020-07-28 23:00:51,009 :: INFO :: -------------------------------- INFO:root:Starting Debriefing preprocessing

2020-07-28 23:00:51,011 :: INFO :: Starting Debriefing preprocessing INFO:root:--------------------------------

2020-07-28 23:00:51,011 :: INFO :: -------------------------------- INFO:root:[]

2020-07-28 23:00:51,011 :: INFO :: [] INFO:root:[] 2020-07-28 23:00:51,011 :: INFO :: [] INFO:root:[]

2020-07-28 23:00:51,012 :: INFO ::[] INFO:root:[]

2020-07-28 23:00:51,012 :: INFO :: []

###snip to area with final results###

INFO:root:{} 2020-07-28 23:00:53,498 :: INFO :: {} On Debriefing update <userdata.debriefing.Debriefing object at 0x0000025346DAC4E0> ###point where script hung last time###

INFO:root:Finishing event Frontline attack #script continues###

2020-07-28 23:01:09,461 :: INFO :: Finishing event Frontline attack INFO:root:Commiting mission results

2020-07-28 23:01:09,463 :: INFO :: Commiting mission results Compute frontline progression for : Havadarya to Lar Airbase 41 22 0 0 Havadarya won ! factor > 0 Compute frontline progression for : Bandar Abbas to Jiroft Airport 26 8 0 0 Bandar Abbas won ! factor > 0

INFO:root pass turn

Edited by KatXor

Log the issue up on Khopa's Github site....

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/issues

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Hey!

Does anyone know exactly what these commands do? Sure, by the name of them I can take a pretty good guess, but I'd like to know more what differentiates them to better understand when to use which one.

YtXA3My.png

I didn't find any more in depth explanations in the online manual.

Thanks!

Hey!

Does anyone know exactly what these commands do? Sure, by the name of them I can take a pretty good guess, but I'd like to know more what differentiates them to better understand when to use which one.

Khopa explained on this thread (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4362794&postcount=499):

"Defensive: Units will wait in line for the enemy units

Ambush: Same as defensive but with generally smaller units groups

Aggresive: Each player ground units group will attack the nearest enemy groups

Elimination: Each player ground units group will try to attack up to 3 enemy groups

Breakthrough: Each player ground units group will try to move forward fast ignoring the enemy group position. (If succesful, you will gain quite a lot of ground)

Retreat: Your units will move back, but you will lose terrain"

Edited by dark_wood

Khopa explained on this thread (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4362794&postcount=499):

"Defensive: Units will wait in line for the enemy units

Ambush: Same as defensive but with generally smaller units groups

Aggresive: Each player ground units group will attack the nearest enemy groups

Elimination: Each player ground units group will try to attack up to 3 enemy groups

Breakthrough: Each player ground units group will try to move forward fast ignoring the enemy group position. (If succesful, you will gain quite a lot of ground)

Retreat: Your units will move back, but you will lose terrain"

Thanks! Appreciate it! :thumbup:

Yesterday I tried my first strike mission, however when I reached the target waypoint (should have been 2 hangars), there was nothing there.

I had enabled the option to have target markers showed on the F10 map, but it seemed that non of those object had spawned. Also I had "show all units on F10 map" enabled, but none of the static targets were visible on the map (I guess that should have triggered me not to bother and fly 100nm just to discover the target wasn't there :P)

Anyone have any idea why these static targets are not spawned upon mission creation?

Is this because I had unit culling set to 85nm? (I don't know what culling actually means in this setting, but it did improve my framerate quite a bit)

Also I noticed with culling enabled, non of my allied flights spawned (and I'm sure I planned them) :huh:

Edit:

Nevermind, found the answer already

Both issues are indeed caused by culling. Increasing culling distance or disabling it, should solve it

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

So I having an issue where I cannot use the carriers anymore. Recent aircraft purchases still show as not being available even though I pass a turn after purchasing them.

In other words, they show up as, for instance, F-14 2/0 in the Base screen but I cannot create a flight using them.

This is only happening with one of the carriers btw.

Any tips?

Edited by GCBraun

Hi guys!

Need help with moose

Example attached

Local mission, when i test it locally:

When i make mark and typing "-create jtac1", Pontial11 appears

When i make mark and typing "-create jtac2", Pontial21 appears

But when I put the mission on the server then following happens:

When i make mark and typing "-create jtac1", Pontial11 appears

When i make mark and typing "-create jtac2", Pontial11 appears too

I just can't figure out what exactly I'm doing wrong

Thanks in advance!

TEST.miz

Is there any way to download the developmental branch of Op. Liberation 2.0? I only seem to find the zip file. And im not sure what to do with that code.

Go here https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation and scroll down then click on getting started.......it is all in plain english on how to install.

Looking forward to RC10. Been having a blast with Liberation lately, although there are definitely still some bugs/design flaws. Already posted to github, but I noticed AWACS and all tankers are flying near stall speed, pitched way up just to maintain level flight. It's impossible to perform AAR right now with their pitch and speed being so slow.

Also consistently getting the bug where my wingman will punch out as soon as hitting bingo fuel. Is this a liberation bug, or a DCS bug? Not sure, a quick search didn't show anything on the DCS bug report forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was in the pattern for a CASE 1 and my wingman mid-aired me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Looking forward to RC10. Been having a blast with Liberation lately, although there are definitely still some bugs/design flaws. Already posted to github, but I noticed AWACS and all tankers are flying near stall speed, pitched way up just to maintain level flight. It's impossible to perform AAR right now with their pitch and speed being so slow.

Also consistently getting the bug where my wingman will punch out as soon as hitting bingo fuel. Is this a liberation bug, or a DCS bug? Not sure, a quick search didn't show anything on the DCS bug report forum.

I've added the above to Khopa's github page.

AI usually does a horrible job using fuel economically.

I guess your wingman was an F-18?

In the F-18 you have to set your Bingo Fuel margin manually, otherwise it will stay set to 0. It seems that the AI is not setting a Bingo Fuel and thus they fly until their fuel level reaches 0, call out bingo and then have to punch out immediately.

The biggest problem is that they are trying to catch up with you in full Afterburner, so helping them by flying slow until they are in formation usually helps a bit.

Had the same experience with F-18 wingmen several times in a variety of different missions.

Not a liberation problem as far as I can tell.