[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

Using Liberation 2.2.1, Top title and about section says version 2.2.0.

I tried creating new campaign, Invasion from Turkey, Blufor Modern vs Russia 2010. Incirlik AB belongs to Neutral faction when you go inside the mission. You can create flights but cannot rearm/refuel. You may want to fix in the next update.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

On 12/3/2020 at 9:17 PM, Ryno1217 said:

OK, I can not seem to get this to work. I have followed so many tutorials but no go. On the latest bout with it, I have discovered that the file "liberation_nexturn.miz" is not being written. The CMD window even states "No such file or directory." Don't know what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.338d04ae13e5c67f48eb4626c26920ce.PNG

Is your Liberation installed in your program folder? If so, put it somewhere else. For whatever reason it doesn't like being in the Program Folder.

Edited by Mustang25

Do we have to fly each turn for something to happen? I tried passing 100 turns, and whatever strike missions I set up, and no matter how many tanks and infantry I buy, the front line moves closer and closer to bandar abbas and havadarya and stays there for 50 turns. 

Also: Is something up with the Tomcat and INS/radar? 3 out of the 5 missions I flew show my waypoints WAY off, making joining a strike package near impossible.

Request: E2 Hawkeyes from the carrier would give a better picture than E3s flying into Irans territory with terrain masking etc, any way to set that up?

Flying 1990 Iran only campaign, blue side

Best regards,

DS

Edited by DarkStar

Hey there, guys!

Thanks to Jabbers videos, I discovered this little gem, a real game changer for DCS, since it basically transforms it in two games, allowing you to run the campaign, not only be a part of it.

I've seen the wiki on the github page and tried to create a faction .json of my own, but I can't find the right name to insert in the file to assign the KC-135 MPRS as tanker. Can anyone tell me what I should write in the file?

Thank you very much in advance!

On 11/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, Qiou87 said:

The program will import the results at the time when you stop the mission in DCS. For example if an airplane has a missile incoming and you hit "Exit" right before it is struck, that aircraft is not counted as "destroyed". So yes, if you finish your mission and get shot down but want other AI flights to complete their task, you need to wait for them and let the sim run.

So if the campaign generates AI flights for a 3-hour period, we have to keep DCS open and running for 2 hours after the players/clients finish the mission? 🤔

7 hours ago, Nealius said:

So if the campaign generates AI flights for a 3-hour period, we have to keep DCS open and running for 2 hours after the players/clients finish the mission? 🤔

If you want those flights to take off and execute their objectives, yes. Other options include changing the start time of the AI flights. Personally I never leave them as they are auto-generated, usually I play 45min to 1h per mission so AI flights should take off latest 30min after mission start, otherwise their presence is quite pointless. Or you can use time compression to not wait 2 hours. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

45 minutes ago, Qiou87 said:

If you want those flights to take off and execute their objectives, yes. Other options include changing the start time of the AI flights. Personally I never leave them as they are auto-generated, usually I play 45min to 1h per mission so AI flights should take off latest 30min after mission start, otherwise their presence is quite pointless. Or you can use time compression to not wait 2 hours. 

I was hoping to avoid a lot of post-generation mission editing, but I guess that's unavoidable no matter how much I look at it. Between fixing unrealistic payloads and the scattering of liveries for Naval assets, and incorrect carrier wind-over-deck, I end up spending an hour just getting the mission ready. 

Edited by Nealius

This is very much a WIP, the devs are doing a great deal of improvements in each version. Nevertheless, some things can still be improved. I encourage you to follow and contribute with ideas on the github page ; it could be that mission length as a setting can help (for example if you tell the program that the mission will last 1 hour, it will not generate flights outside of that time window). You will also see that many improvements are already in the pipeline, but like everything else, it takes time to polish then release them. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

2 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

This is very much a WIP, the devs are doing a great deal of improvements in each version. Nevertheless, some things can still be improved. I encourage you to follow and contribute with ideas on the github page ; it could be that mission length as a setting can help (for example if you tell the program that the mission will last 1 hour, it will not generate flights outside of that time window). You will also see that many improvements are already in the pipeline, but like everything else, it takes time to polish then release them. 

Hello, I am not agree with this. you can takeoff, and peform a mission with a duration of 2.5h with Air to Air refulleing for example. And all in all from the take of to landing it can takes 2.5-3h, the problem is to be in the air and after 1.5h there are no more blue flights, all of them are landed and you are alone in the map.

1 hour ago, Spartan111sqn said:

Hello, I am not agree with this. you can takeoff, and peform a mission with a duration of 2.5h with Air to Air refulleing for example. And all in all from the take of to landing it can takes 2.5-3h, the problem is to be in the air and after 1.5h there are no more blue flights, all of them are landed and you are alone in the map.

I thing you misunderstand what I am saying. I am not saying the mission length should be a fixed duration, it can be any length you like. What I am saying is that the program auto-generates flights at certain times, and sometimes those times don't make sense. Like you say, if you fly for 3h in the same mission, then having no AI flights after 1h is not right. The same if you only fly a 1h mission and the AI plans to take off after 1.30 hours, then they will never take off before you finish the mission. Right now and as far as I know, the only way to correct this is manually. It is necessary anyway because you might want to have SEAD flights and CAP before a strike package for example...

That is why I merely suggested that mission length, which is very much up to you, the player, could be a setting. When you are planning the turn, you could tell the program "the mission should be around 60-90-120min..." and the program would adapt the auto-generation of AI flights accordingly. This is just an idea, but in any case, suggestions are better posted directly in Github where the devs might see and sort them.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Qiou87 said:

I thing you misunderstand what I am saying. I am not saying the mission length should be a fixed duration, it can be any length you like. What I am saying is that the program auto-generates flights at certain times, and sometimes those times don't make sense. Like you say, if you fly for 3h in the same mission, then having no AI flights after 1h is not right. The same if you only fly a 1h mission and the AI plans to take off after 1.30 hours, then they will never take off before you finish the mission. Right now and as far as I know, the only way to correct this is manually. It is necessary anyway because you might want to have SEAD flights and CAP before a strike package for example...

That is why I merely suggested that mission length, which is very much up to you, the player, could be a setting. When you are planning the turn, you could tell the program "the mission should be around 60-90-120min..." and the program would adapt the auto-generation of AI flights accordingly. This is just an idea, but in any case, suggestions are better posted directly in Github where the devs might see and sort them.

agree then, it should be nice that according to the resources quantity, the ATO is planned covering around half of the turn (3h), with relief of certein CAPs and others for example, that could be ok, don't you think so?

22 minutes ago, MrReynolds said:

I've just got into the habit of having all flights TOT ASAP, and then manually tweaking in the mission editor.  works a treat as I can also change the carrier, weather etc.  Even add more SAMs to groups.

you put weather dynamic?, I do not kow well how to handle such dynamic weather

Is it possible to use Air.Boss script from Moose with this campaign?

I know we can edit mission on mission editor prior to flight but this script requires to manually open the mission file and put in there an entire folder with sounds.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, Nealius said:

Anyone else having issues with client/player aircraft never spawning? I'm indefinitely delayed, long past my supposed takeoff time. 

The last two missions i've flown out of incerlik, my T + 0:00 takes off goes fine, but the 6 other flights I have stacked after me @ T + 5, 10, 15... etc never activate.  Annoyingly most of my assets are at Incerlik.  Still, love this mod so much!

On 12/10/2020 at 1:09 PM, Spartan111sqn said:

agree then, it should be nice that according to the resources quantity, the ATO is planned covering around half of the turn (3h), with relief of certein CAPs and others for example, that could be ok, don't you think so?

you put weather dynamic?, I do not kow well how to handle such dynamic weather

No - just change the weather manually depending on the mood I'm in.

15 hours ago, MrReynolds said:

No - just change the weather manually depending on the mood I'm in.

COPY THAT!

another topic, is possible that in Liberation when we start the turn some of the flights are already in flight?, I mean that blue and red side AI start also the turn, is possible that when the human is joining at the begining of the turn there are flights already in place?, please let me know if I have explained well

10 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

COPY THAT!

another topic, is possible that in Liberation when we start the turn some of the flights are already in flight?, I mean that blue and red side AI start also the turn, is possible that when the human is joining at the begining of the turn there are flights already in place?, please let me know if I have explained well

Easy.  Change their frist waypoint from take off / cold start to turn point / fly over and boom - they're off, already clearing the skies for you!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrReynolds said:

Easy.  Change their frist waypoint from take off / cold start to turn point / fly over and boom - they're off, already clearing the skies for you!

yep, that's right, I know, so this option one by one with each flight...takes time in the ME. If this option can be for certain flights, and others already planned to take off would be great in Liberation. Maybe with certain flights (not all) to have a T/O time before turn time could be possible.

Hi.

is it possible to customize the scenarios a little bit?

I have a modern Bluefor setup:

I would like to have access to more AI aircraft (example: Tornado) and additional AI Ground Units that are part of modern NATO.

Units like Rapier (static), Chaparral, Roland or the SA-8 (still used in Poland) would be cool. For front-line and base defense.

I would also like to build the front-line flow.

I have a modern Syria scenario running, it started at Rhamad David and the next base to capture was King Hussein AFB.

I would like to build a scenario where Incirlik and R. David are Blue, King Hussein (Jordan) and Lebanon are not involved, but all the Syrian Military Bases are.

As a general request, it would be cool to be able to select the country of the flights, so F-16s and -15s out of David have Israeli skins, etc.

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman

4 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

Hi.

is it possible to customize the scenarios a little bit?

I have a modern Bluefor setup:

I would like to have access to more AI aircraft (example: Tornado) and additional AI Ground Units that are part of modern NATO.

Units like Rapier (static), Chaparral, Roland or the SA-8 (still used in Poland) would be cool. For front-line and base defense.

I would also like to build the front-line flow.

I have a modern Syria scenario running, it started at Rhamad David and the next base to capture was King Hussein AFB.

I would like to build a scenario where Incirlik and R. David are Blue, King Hussein (Jordan) and Lebanon are not involved, but all the Syrian Military Bases are.

As a general request, it would be cool to be able to select the country of the flights, so F-16s and -15s out of David have Israeli skins, etc.

Hi Bananabrai!

Yeah, it's possible to customize your Liberation experience, if you don' mind a bit of file editing: you'll find what you need to know in the Github wiki

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/wiki

in the "Modding Liberation" section. It's not too complicated, you can do it a simple text editor (I recommend using Notepad++, though); it helps to examine the file that ships with the program, you'll get a better idea of how they work and find more stuff than in the wiki (for example, how to force liveries selection). You'll even need to have a basic understanding of how DCS .miz files work (the ID of units you use to create a faction.json in Liberation, for example, is the ID that you find in mission files inside the .miz archive).  Of course, if you have any doubt, ask away!

20 hours ago, Gianky said:

Hi Bananabrai!

Yeah, it's possible to customize your Liberation experience, if you don' mind a bit of file editing: you'll find what you need to know in the Github wiki

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/wiki

in the "Modding Liberation" section. It's not too complicated, you can do it a simple text editor (I recommend using Notepad++, though); it helps to examine the file that ships with the program, you'll get a better idea of how they work and find more stuff than in the wiki (for example, how to force liveries selection). You'll even need to have a basic understanding of how DCS .miz files work (the ID of units you use to create a faction.json in Liberation, for example, is the ID that you find in mission files inside the .miz archive).  Of course, if you have any doubt, ask away!

Alright cool!

I think I can do that, I always use Notepad++.

I think I have a fairly good idea of how the miz files work.

I do change parking slots for large aircraft on Nellis (there are still a lot of large spots that can not be used by default...), copy over countries to other factions and so on.

Alias in Discord: Mailman