[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

Has anyone else ever got a "Mission script error" when loading up the next mission? Specifically, it says [string "..."]:15: '}' expected near 'lah' - you can play through the mission, but the results aren't detected and the state.json file isn't updated.

I've replaced the MissionScripting file, but it isn't working. Ran a DCS repair then replaced it again. Still nothing. Kinda run out of ideas.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• 1 month later...

Does unit culling work for anyone?  I started a Syria Allied Sword and set the unit culling in the campaign settings to 200km.  

Screenshot 2022-05-02 130040.png

When I get into the mission units 270 miles (~430km) away from my carrier are spawned.  Any suggestions?

EDIT: Disregard, I did not understand what the exclusion zones were and how they worked.

Edited by Reaper51368

On 3/19/2022 at 8:40 AM, Jetliner said:

When can we expect the Apache to be a flyable module in Liberation?

Liberation 5.2.0 supports the new Apache.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody else experience freezes/lockups when the F-14 is part of the campaign?

Especially when returning from a mission so after 30+ minutes or so. 

Does Liberation do aynthing special that is causing this behaviour?

On 5/3/2022 at 8:02 AM, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Liberation 5.2.0 supports the new Apache.

Haven't been able to check this out yet, but is there by now perhaps also a new scenario with better focus on helo ops? (relatively short distances etc.)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 5/6/2022 at 12:43 AM, Feisty Aspen said:

I wonder if anyone has this error. I was playing with DLC yesterday without any issue but somehow today the program does not open any longer with this error. Anyone can give me some hints how to solve the problem?

Screenshot 2022-05-05 224308.png

I've actually never been able to fully complete a campaign without some sort of scripting error that I have to work out.  I think my record so far is about 3/4 of the way through a campaign.

We're in the Persian Gulf - Scenic Route campaign. It got time to start transferring planes so we clicked on the 'Air Wing' button to pick a squad and we got this message, and it won't go away unless you hit OK or ESC about 20 times. Does anyone know a cure?? Thanks!!

null

image.png

10 hours ago, Chicki said:

Hi folks.  Are the "Community Campaigns" on the Liberation Github page compatible with 5.2?  Say, a campaign that is for 5.0?  Or earlier?  Thanks.

Campaigns from version 5 or 5.1 should still be compatible with 5.2. Campaigns from earlier versions are not.

This might be a stupid question and I´m sorry if it already has been answered or is totally obvious ...

But where do I find the radio frequency of my own flight ? All others (ATC, Awacs, JTAC...) are on the kneeboard, but I can´t find the own for my wingman.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. It´s on the kneeboard.

Edited by Eugel

• 1 month later...

Can someone clarify this? If I want to play the same mission over and over without submitting results - how can I do it? I don't want to run Liberation app, but then I'm getting script errors.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

If I undrestand correctly what you're asking, if you don't like the outcome of a mission you just have to click on "abort" (IIRC) in Liberation interface after you finish the mission in DCS and the program (LIberation) will ignore what happened in the sim.

Also, if you save your mission in Liberation before pushing the "Take off" button, you just have to reload the save and you can keep playing the same mission over and over again.

33 minutes ago, Gianky said:

If I undrestand correctly what you're asking, if you don't like the outcome of a mission you just have to click on "abort" (IIRC) in Liberation interface after you finish the mission in DCS and the program (LIberation) will ignore what happened in the sim.

Also, if you save your mission in Liberation before pushing the "Take off" button, you just have to reload the save and you can keep playing the same mission over and over again.

Yeah, I got that. But what I want is not to have Liberation app running while playing a mission. When I  do that I'm getting a script error whenever the mission is trying to write its stats to the disk.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:26 AM, sea2sky said:

Yeah, I got that. But what I want is not to have Liberation app running while playing a mission. When I  do that I'm getting a script error whenever the mission is trying to write its stats to the disk.

Sorry, I never tried to do that. Have you tried to just acknowledge the error message, pressing oK? Everything should work fine afterwards.

3 hours ago, Gianky said:

Sorry, I never tried to do that. Have you tried to just acknowledge the error message, pressing oK? Everything should work fine afterwards.

Yes, I did, but the script would fail every N minutes because the mission is trying to save stats. I'm kinda surprised that such a well thought and well developed app is missing a use-case when a mission could be run as stand alone.

Edited by sea2sky

On 8/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, sea2sky said:

Can someone clarify this? If I want to play the same mission over and over without submitting results - how can I do it? I don't want to run Liberation app, but then I'm getting script errors.

Open the "liberation.nextturn.miz" in the ME, Save As [cool filename here], and close the ME. Run the mission you just saved over and over and over. Then, when you are ready to move on, run Liberation normally and save your results.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VeeSPIKE said:

Open the "liberation.nextturn.miz" in the ME, Save As [cool filename here], and close the ME. Run the mission you just saved over and over and over. Then, when you are ready to move on, run Liberation normally and save your results.

Perfect. Thanks!

6 hours ago, sea2sky said:

Perfect. Thanks!

Actually no, it still requires Liberation app to run on a background. Well, I guess it is a limitation that I can live with, not a big deal.

On 8/16/2022 at 6:40 PM, sea2sky said:

Actually no, it still requires Liberation app to run on a background. Well, I guess it is a limitation that I can live with, not a big deal.

A little more thinking on my part, because I know I have used my method before. Forgot a part.

One of the things that Lib does when you run it is it replaces the default MissionScripting.lua in your DCS\Scripts folder with one of its own. And then it switches them back when it closes. I had forgotten that part.

You can force the issue on your own, either manually or with a batch file.

• Make a copy of your [DCS]\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua. Save it is a different folder.
  • Replace the original DCS file with the MissionScripting.lua file found in [Liberation]\resources\scripts
  • Run DCS and run your mission. You should not see any more errors (from this issue anyway.
  • You can leave it as-is afterwards or, once you are finished switch back the original file that you saved in the first step.

You could write a batch file to do this for you, or just handle it manually whenever you want to replay liberation missions.

I just tested this process this evening. I got no script errors after changing the lua.

Edited by VeeSPIKE
  • Like 1

Hi!

I'm trying to implement a mod, following the guides at https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Modded-Aircraft-Support and https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Developer's-Guide . The problem is that I can't run Liberation. I tried running it from source in PyCharm but I get this error:image.png

Is there something I'm missing? Alternatively, is there a way to integrate a mod without using the dev branch?null

Great work with Liberation as it is, by the way!

7 hours ago, Sérvalpilot said:

Hi!

I'm trying to implement a mod, following the guides at https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Modded-Aircraft-Support and https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Developer's-Guide . The problem is that I can't run Liberation. I tried running it from source in PyCharm but I get this error:image.png

Is there something I'm missing? Alternatively, is there a way to integrate a mod without using the dev branch?null

Great work with Liberation as it is, by the way!

You haven’t set up your venv correctly. 

pm me if anything 

Edited by Kevstosmart