[BUG REPORT] Problem with creating a flight plan

olivier-gaming

You need at least 2 waypoints for a flightplan to be considered valid.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I have found a workaround. Creating a markpoint seems to fix it

How do we create Mark Point?

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I think there's definitely some kind of problem here—see the attached files.

Harrier Test (No WPs) is the mission file for harriertest1.trk. There are no waypoints in the mission file. Entering coordinates works as expected, and the UFC scratchpad shows the correct coordinates when viewing them with the POS ODU button, but the MPCD doesn't center on them, and moving the TDC moves the ownship symbol instead of the waypoint.

Harrier Test (WPs) is the mission file for harriertest2.trk. There's one waypoint in the mission file. It can be moved with the TDC and otherwise edited. I tried to add a second waypoint, but the N coordinate wouldn't enter correctly in the UFC scratchpad. (I think I fat-fingered it originally and set it to 00.00.00. There might be an issue with handling far out-of-bounds coordinates?)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Harrier Test (No WPs).miz

Harrier Test (WPs).miz

harriertest1.trk

harriertest2.trk

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

• 1 year later...

I'm ressurecting an old thread, but to me, this is not working. I tried everything and still can't create a waypoint. When I enter the data, the waypoint is created, but everything stays at 00'00'00, etc.

I did create an initial mark at my position when I takeoff, using MK0 in the EHSD screen. But I still can't create a waypoint

Edited by Sylosis

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

There seems to be a new bug when trying to create way points when there is not an initial waypoint entered on the mission editor. I will look again tonight but not sure when you are trying this is if there is an initial couple waypoints or not.

data - enter 99 to create the new WP on the UFC

then click on POS on the ODU to enter the position.

coords need to be entered in NXX'XX'XX then enter, then Click on POS again to enter the LAT

E0XX'XX'XX format

There seems to be a new bug when trying to create way points when there is not an initial waypoint entered on the mission editor. I will look again tonight but not sure when you are trying this is if there is an initial couple waypoints or not.

data - enter 99 to create the new WP on the UFC

then click on POS on the ODU to enter the position.

coords need to be entered in NXX'XX'XX then enter, then Click on POS again to enter the LAT

E0XX'XX'XX format

Yes this is essentially the procedure I am going through and it doesn't work.

Indeed I am playing a custom made mission that I got on the free stuff page of DCS store and I start with 0 waypoint.

I did try and create a first markpoint at my initial location, but still wasn't able to enter waypoints.

I am soooooo disapointed with Razbam... I have posted many times here how their modules are so not finished, even if MULTIPLE years passed since its release.

The F18 is 10 times more polished and it was out probably 2 to 3 years later than the Harrier.

I'm sorry to sound pissed, cause yes I am, but Razbam is a joke.

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier