Rift double frame jittery / out of sync

Fri13

I have come to problem with the main and second VR setup I have and that is I get a double frame drawing, making everything to look "lagging". And I am asking has someone come around this same problem and how I should start to debug this.

Sometimes when DCS is launched it happens, if not, then after I spawn to a another aircraft. If it happens, only way to fix thing is to reboot the computer.

It is very odd one, where all from the main menu to cockpit can be affected. Even the F10 map can be affected. No other VR game etc does this but just the DCS.

The effect is difficult to explain as first you would think that different eyes drawing is out of sync and so on your head movement causes the out of sync. But it happens just with a one eye as well (with both sides).

And no, this is not about Oculus ATW as this effect is only visible when the HMD is moving, if the head stays still, there is no problems what so ever on any graphic, but once a HMD starts moving all frames are drawn twice and the second time is seriously delayed.

All the usual things from the running sensor calibrations and so doesn't help. Drivers updated, DCS updated, shaders deleted etc.

But the strange thing is that it doesn't happen all the time. Like I can reboot computer five times and 3/5 the effect is there, even when all from powering computer to launching DCS is identical.

Sometimes it happens straight on the main menu, sometimes only after the last "Continue" window comes in while sitting in cockpit, sometimes it just starts middle of the flight.

I have tested it on the two almost identical computers and same thing just goes around and around. And it is not nice to be required to reboot the whole system to get rid off it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Check your graphics settings, if full screen is not checked put a check mark in it.

See if that helps, seems like with one of the later updates I started seeing a bit of a swimming image when full screen was not checked.

At least I hope I am remembering that right...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have the full screen checked but doesn't help. It just does the double framing jittery....

That is really weird and I myself have no idea on what to even suggest, you had pretty much already tried what I might have suggested.

Really strange that it is happening on two different machines as well.

And really odd that it is only DCS.

You say you have tried a repair on the Oculus software?

Have you also tried a repair on DCS?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I made re-install just today on secondary to try to fix it. As well did re-install Oculus (that didn't go well first time, needed to do twice) but still same problem. Was first happy it got fixed for an hour and then went few seconds and the problem happened again.

I am out of ideas, if you have confirmed you have good sensor tracking and it is only happening in DCS, and you have tried a repair not sure what it could be.

Have you tried both with and without ASW?

Don B

Got the exact same problem, i solved this issue doing so many things, that's why i don't know what solved It.

Removed rift headphones, disabled rift sound device from windows

Installed oculus tray tool, made a dcs profile

Pixel density at 1

Shut down oculus service with oculus tray tool everytime u are not using the hmd.

It worked for me

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed this recently too. I'll fly one, maybe two missions and when I jump into a new plane I get what I would call 'jitter'. Happens solo and MP.

After restarting DCS it's fine for me. Head tracking and such are fine, CPU and graphics card seem fine. But the jitter, or double vision is really bad. Doesn't happen anywhere else, not even the menu screens.

Cru

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Have the same. Usually in this case I turn off the ASW in Oculus Debug Tool and I can go on without restarting DCS.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I got this after messing with the anti aliasing settings. It stopped when I changed it back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

That should definitely not be though...

Don B

I had this problem and own the Fresco USB board:

I uninstalled USB Fresco Drivers and rebooted let windows reinstall drivers and no more jitters for me.

My symptoms was randomly happening and after 1 or 2 fights would happen so reboot was in order.

Hope this Helps.

Jamie.

Same here

Me and my brother fly with VR and both of us have noticed this, seems to be more prevalent recently and again seems to introduce itself when swapping aircraft.

Only way to clear seems to be quit out and reload back in game ....

Not down much more investigating than that at the mo..

Jim

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Got the same problem - Got it on old PC and got it on new one. I think that problem wasnt on windows 7 when I first tried VR (like 3 months ago). But whole oculus rift was bugging, so i had to install windows 10 and since then, it occurs. Always after "second" loading. Restarting game solves it for one another try. But it is annoying when u play mission for 2 minutes and then need to restart. If anyone figure it out. Share please.

Graphics: AMD RX 580 8G (only part that was in old pc). Wouldnt be surprised if it could be solved in Graphic drivers.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Turning off ASW didnt helped. Did not try to turn it off and on when it happens though - This would not solve my problem anyway, because I would have to wear off the HMD and that is what annoy me most. Another blow is, that if I start up DCS from oculus home, it doesnt start. So I have to wear off the HMD every time i restart the game. That really breaks the feelings. Thanks for tip anyway.

Edited by Wexler
Completed the tip

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

I have the same jittery issue and VR freeze that I never had before. Unfortunately Coincidently I updated my Nivida drivers to 398.82 at the same time I updated Rift so I don't know where the issue is coming from.

I can roll back my Nvidia drivers but I don't think I can do the same for the Rift update.

I have this problem and what solves it for me is clean installing Nvidia drivers and not rebooting. Once the system reboots, my Oculus will have the issue. I have no idea why but that is what happens.

Sounds like you may have something else going on there.

Have you tried a repair of Oculus software?

I am running 398.36 with no issue at all.

Don B

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue. Maybe I'm just getting pickier now, but it sure seems to me that I was able to run DCS with 2.0 PD and 4X MSAA with only an occasional ghosting/jitter prior to the last two updates to DCS.

I thought maybe it might be a problem with the new Nvidia drivers, but a rollback didn't help.

I had had this problem with running things turned up that high until about 3 updates ago, then I was able to do it suddenly. Now it seems to be back to the way it was before. 2.0 PD and 2X MSAA work just fine now, which is acceptable to me. Just curious about the change. I think whatever had been fixed about 3 updates ago got broken again.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: