Formation mission?? - request

swimbody

Hello all,

How hard, or easy, would it be to create a mulitiplayer mission that would allow for formation calls, in and out of IMC, calls for parade formation, echelon left or right, etc...

Would love one of you gurus to create something like this. I'm terrible at stuff like this. I imagine a little time with the mission editor

Yeah I was just looking to see if anyone had spent the time creating a CAP mission with various position changes so one could practice formations. That's all. I flew for 4 hours last night with squad members and it was a blast, communicating speeds, turn angles, etc. Didn't know if you could automate that into a mission profile.

I don't think it's ever 'automated'. The flight leads call the formation changes according to the squadron SOP and pre-briefed mission specific procedures. But that wouldn't be put into the mission editor as events or triggers, rather the player flying lead would make the calls.

I’ve sort of attempted this and it didn’t really turn out great. I basically created a flight plan with a single AI. Then placed the player at the same field starting right next to AI so player will not lose sight. The flight plan involves various altitude changes and speeds and turns and returns back to base.

It is extremely difficult to stay in formations because the AI turns pretty abruptly in nature forces the player to fly a sloppy formation and catch up to the AI. At most you can practice cruise formations with this flight plan. Also noticed the AI sometimes is able to fly the aircraft outside the players own envelope. Ie. fly at speeds really slow without flaps, slows really fast without using speedbrake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer