Can't get ground crew to remove chocks

mphelps06

Tip..:

In the hornet you need to start 1 of the engines ( right engine ) to be able to turn on the radio...

You can use the radio without eng. start with ground-power:Reset External Power Switch, Ground Power Switch 1,2,4 to B ON (hold down for 3 sec to lock them in down B position.):thumbup:.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Just to make sure it's clear in this thread, with the canopy closed you can not talk/yell to the ground crew. Why, because the canopy is closed. That is a very good model :o)

Make sure you use the "/" to open the intercom with the ground crew when you have the canopy closed.

• 1 year later...

It's happening with the Farmer as well. Just had a ramp start and no matter what the ground wouldn't remove the chocks

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, AJS-37 Viggen , AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL , F-5E Tiger , L-39 Albatros.

I have a problem with the ground crew when I want repair-

They can`t do it and ask me to shut down the engines, but then I can`t reach them on the radio anymore.

Can someone help me fixing my working this out ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I have a problem with the ground crew when I want repair-

They can`t do it and ask me to shut down the engines, but then I can`t reach them on the radio anymore.

Can someone help me fixing my working this out ?

Use intercom not radio

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Use intercom not radio

Thank you. How a bout an explanation how to use intercom ?

Would be great-

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hi ex81

To use the intercom do the following:

press \ (this brings up the communications menu overlay )

then you can either use the following keys

press F8 (ground crew)

press F4 (wheel chocks)

press F2 (remove wheel chocks)

or

press \ (this brings up the communications menu overlay )

then use the mouse to select the relevant commands

starting with ground crew

done

pc specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Ryzen 5 3600x 3.80GHz

cooled by Cooler Master Hyper 212

MSI B450 Mortar Motherboard

32GB 3200 Ballistix Gaming Ram

Nvidia 1070 8gb

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Occulis Rift S

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am trying Exigent Rivera campaign and am having the same issue being unable to progress because the Ahole chief wont remove the chocks.....

Have checked / tried all the suggestions in this thread, and re ran the start up 4 times now.

The dick just keeps saying unable to comply.

To be clear, have tried canopy up, canopy down, using mouse and the F menu, radio is correctly tuned, parking brake on / off, no launch bar down,

So what else would cause them to not comply?

This is really frigging irritating as I really want to try this content out......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 7 months later...

Apparently nobody knows how to remove the wheel chocks, ED doesn't know about it and it still a problem.  It always happens after the first spawn on the second time you have to choose a role on Multiplayer. Never a problem on the first spawn.

• Like 1

• ED Team
5 hours ago, Cpt Cuckoo said:

Apparently nobody knows how to remove the wheel chocks, ED doesn't know about it and it still a problem.  It always happens after the first spawn on the second time you have to choose a role on Multiplayer. Never a problem on the first spawn.

No problems here for me. 

If you have a short track replay showing issues please attach I am happy to check it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 7/25/2020 at 2:13 AM, markturner1960 said:

Hi, I am trying Exigent Rivera campaign and am having the same issue being unable to progress because the Ahole chief wont remove the chocks.....

Have checked / tried all the suggestions in this thread, and re ran the start up 4 times now.

The dick just keeps saying unable to comply.

To be clear, have tried canopy up, canopy down, using mouse and the F menu, radio is correctly tuned, parking brake on / off, no launch bar down,

So what else would cause them to not comply?

This is really frigging irritating as I really want to try this content out......

throttles  fully  at  idle   check  assigments   maybe  its  not  fully  at  idle  but  may  look like  they  are  in  cockpit

I was having grief with crew chief refusing to remove chocks on carrier cold starts.  Discovered it was because I kept forgetting to arm the ejection seat.  Crew chief is real fussy fella...

Edited by McVittees
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

20 hours ago, McVittees said:

I was having grief with crew chief refusing to remove chocks on carrier cold starts.  Discovered it was because I kept forgetting to arm the ejection seat.  Crew chief is real fussy fella...

not  a  issue   since   i   arm the  seat  just before  take  off

20 hours ago, McVittees said:

I've tried to get chocks removed both with seat armed and unarmed. In fact I didn't think there is anything which I have not tried. If a multiplayer server respawns me with wheel chocks on I may as well just exit and chose another role.

8 hours ago, Cpt Cuckoo said:

I've tried to get chocks removed both with seat armed and unarmed. In fact I didn't think there is anything which I have not tried. If a multiplayer server respawns me with wheel chocks on I may as well just exit and chose another role.

Just wondering. Perhaps on respawn the chocks are not set. Has anyone with issues tried to launch when receiving "Unable to comply"?

On 3/20/2021 at 10:29 PM, Habu_69 said:

Just wondering. Perhaps on respawn the chocks are not set. Has anyone with issues tried to launch when receiving "Unable to comply"?

Yeah I Have. That's how I found out there were wheel chocks on my wheels the fist time it happened. It's only ever happened on Multiplayer servers.