Functioning Alt+Tab

Nealius

At one point Alt+Tab used to work, but at some point it stopped working. It's rather irritating because sometimes I may forget to load my Saitek profile, or something goes wonky with my head tracking and it won't recognize my recenter hotkey, or maybe I'm in the mood to run Spotify as I fly around.

Currently we have to completely exit the game and do everything from scratch instead of simply Alt+tabbing out, loading my profile/headtracking/music, and Alt+tabbing back in. It ends up wasting some of what little time I have to fly.

If Alt-Tab doesn't work, just use Windows key, then click on the taskbar to click out of DCS. Control-Alt-Delete and then Task Manager also works. In Windows 10 there is a very small vertical bar on the bottom right in the task bar with no icon to the right of the clock time and system notifications icon, click that little bar and it will switch to desktop view.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

Run DCS without administrator mode, then alt-tab will be able to work.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have it set to run as administrator by default, but it still doesn't work. It only works if I already have additional windows open when DCS is running. If DCS is my only open window, neither Alt+Tab nor Windows key will work.

I have it set to run as administrator by default, but it still doesn't work. It only works if I already have additional windows open when DCS is running. If DCS is my only open window, neither Alt+Tab nor Windows key will work.

There is no DCS fault in this behavior. Every full screen Windows app acts this way. If DCS is your only opened app use CtrlAltDel or CtrlShiftEsc and click from there. No need to close DCS.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Is this a Windows 10 thing? Because on Windows 7 Alt+TAB would minimize any open window regardless of whether it was full screen or not.

This also still doesn't explain why pressing the Windows key will not work while in DCS, when it works when I use any other program.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Maybe this is stated somewhere else too, but for complexity:

I run DCS without admin privileges, at 1920x1080, no full screen, despite of it I can not minimize DCS screen, but I found a workaround, thanks to that I have two monitors.

I simply click to another surface, it makes DCS "window" deselected and then works Win key and another combos too. With the help of Ctl-Shift-Esc I can run task manager and in it minimize the DCS screen.

greetings

latware

(Intel Core i7-4790K;NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;2xdisplay 1920x1080;Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar+pedals;TrackIR3 6DOF)

I run DCS as admin but am completely unable to minimize unless there is another window open somewhere on my machine. I don't know if this is a Windows 10 thing or a DCS thing, as I upgraded to Windows 10 around the same time 2.5 came to DCS, and that's when I started having the issue. On Windows 7 I could minimize DCS without having any other windows open.