Weapon Release Interval

Zadren

Hello, has the weapon release interval functionality been implemented yet?

I've not flown her in an while, and I just tried to drop a stick of 14 Snakeyes, in pairs, with 130ft interval. So, 007/02/130 on the ACP.

It seemed that they all came off together still. Am I being a doofus? Thank you.

(Also, I nailed my first carrier landing! Woot! :pilotfly: )

No, im amazed by peoples ability to say how much time it takes to code something without the knowledge to do so.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The ACP switches are working already, we only need to read the value into the weapon relase code. There we need a timer that generates "release weapon" events - the action behind "release weapon" is already implemented. The most complicated thing here (for me at least as I have no clue about ballistics OR maths) is the balistics formula that calculates the correct timing, based on the switch setting in feet. There might be some other minor dependencies (i.e. if ACP is set to MAN and the INTV actually already is considered in ms), though.

All in all, I bet CptSmiley or Zeus could whip this up in a mere weekend (I'd say a couple of hours, but yea, stuff can be tougher as it seems at first). So it is most likely a matter of priority and/or sorting the todo-list than anything else.

(and yes I have - to answer your question ;-)

Coding difficulty is not the only thing.

There are tons of things to take care in the Early Access development of a module. Just skip Early Access products and use only Release versions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Coding difficulty is not the only thing.

Well, it was you who brought up that aspect.

There are tons of things to take care in the Early Access development of a module.

Certainly so - as I also acknowledged. Not everything can be done all at once - it will have to be done one after the other - for several possible technical and organizational reasons.

Just skip Early Access products and use only Release versions.

No thank you.

You are asking for bug fixing in a product that is Beta and complaining because the bugs you want to be fixed are not quick enough resolved but still want a Beta product.

You cant have both things.

A bug free Beta building is a contradiction.

Just enjoy what you have knowing is not bug free maybe for a long time. If you are able to do so

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe you are confusing me with the OP or other posters in this thread.

I just tried to illustrate that a seemingly small bug fix can actually be just that, a small bug fix. Not every time when something takes some time it neccessarily means that it is difficult or complex. I can understand that someone wonders then what else might be the reason.

Have you ever code anything in your life?

@Esac_mirmidon

What has that to do with anything? You will not make any friends here by lashing out like that. Totally uncalled for :(

We are not coders, we are customers and DCS fans. People in this thread actually cares about the AV-8B N/A Harrier module by bringing up one of the major functionalities still not present, while it seems like rest of the ACP is in working order. That is kind of strange.

I have waited on this functionality since day one, so what is the harm in us asking what happened to it?

You can ask whatever you want. Of course

May i express myself the same way?

Devs know very well what is missing and what is bugged. Let them work with customers support and bug report in a positive constructive way.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I've not flown her in an while, and I just tried to drop a stick of 14 Snakeyes, in pairs, with 130ft interval. So, 007/02/130 on the ACP.

Sorry for small OT but correct settings for your example should be 14/2/013. The QTY is set total number of ordnance in release sequence. And interval is x10, so 130 = 1300 ft, should be 013 for 130 feet.

Edited by BillyCrusher
Add note about interval dispersancy
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

Sorry for small OT but correct settings for your example should be 14/2/013. The QTY is set total number of ordnance in release sequence. And interval is x10, so 130 = 1300 ft, should be 013 for 130 feet.

Ok, thank you for the correction. I note that the readout on the stores page does not directly match the input on the ACP. For example, I entered 130 on the ACP, and the stores page reads 130 feet - there is no x10 multiplier there.

Also, why then did my setting of 07/02/130 drop all 14 bombs, rather than the 7 you might expect?

Thank you all for the replies.

Ok, thank you for the correction. I note that the readout on the stores page does not directly match the input on the ACP. For example, I entered 130 on the ACP, and the stores page reads 130 feet - there is no x10 multiplier there.

Also, why then did my setting of 07/02/130 drop all 14 bombs, rather than the 7 you might expect?

Thank you all for the replies.

No, that’s correct on bomb numbers.

Because it’s releasing bombs in pair seven time.

It’s s 7 x 2.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• ED Team
No, that’s correct on bomb numbers.

Because it’s releasing bombs in pair seven time.

It’s s 7 x 2.

I disagree. TAC manual describes it clear: QTY - total amount of ordnance, MUL - number of stores to be released simultaneously at each interval. So, if you have set QTY=7, MUL=2, and INT=013 it should be in 3 pairs + single bomb, i.e. 2 - 2 - 2 - 1.

TAC.JPG.06d51772cedca8b22e97d0d2315849a9.JPG

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.