AA Radar: EXACT bearing to target?

Bearfoot

Is there a way to get the exact (as in 3-digit) bearing to a radar target? I see exact altitude and heading when it is locked up, but it seems I have to ballpark the bearing based on my own heading the contact offset from center. Is there a better way?

Is there a way to get the exact (as in 3-digit) bearing to a radar target? I see exact altitude and heading when it is locked up, but it seems I have to ballpark the bearing based on my own heading the contact offset from center. Is there a better way?

Its given in true heading from the awacs , the heading tape is in magnetic by default ,you can change it by going hsi-data-ac- mag hdg osb. The top of the radar shows a true heading though.

Its given in true heading from the awacs , the heading tape is in magnetic by default ,you can change it by going hsi-data-ac- mag hdg osb. The top of the radar shows a true heading though.

Thanks, but I think you misunderstand me. I am not asking about magnetic vs true headings. Just the bearing to radar contact I am looking at on the scope. I can roughly figure it out, but was wondering if there radar display gave an exact number anywhere.

Thanks, but I think you misunderstand me. I am not asking about magnetic vs true headings. Just the bearing to radar contact I am looking at on the scope. I can roughly figure it out, but was wondering if there radar display gave an exact number anywhere.

Oh ok yea thats not implement yet , but you should have a BRA in the lower left if you select to have it. Also you can get a bulls reference of your tcd displayed in the top next to the bar when they finish the radar.

It's not implement yet in dcs but here's what it will look like, this is the vrs superbug
@ 47:32 you can see the numbers on the radar page.

Thanks. Good to know, and nice link to learning the AA system too (applicable to DCS Hornet as well).

Will we be able to change the colour of radar comtacts once the radar is finished? Or is it only green monochrome for lot20 hornets?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Should be able to - the 'COLOR' button is already there, it just doesn't work. The DDIs can do red/green/yellow/white apparently.

Should be able to - the 'COLOR' button is already there, it just doesn't work. The DDIs can do red/green/yellow/white apparently.

I'm not sure that is correct for the DCS Lot 20s. I know Lots 20s started getting multi color displays in 1990, but I don't think they will be modeled in this jet.

I might be wrong though (Hope I am)

Interesting..., well if they were there in 1990 there is a big chance that we might get this. I recall somewhere that we were getting the hornet as in 2005ish

Also if we have a "color" button what else could it be?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Edited by falcon_120

Yeah our Hornet is upgraded to a mid-2000s standard and Hornet's definitely did get tricolour screens. You can see it in the pictures / videos beamscanner shows in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197024&page=3

You can also see it being discussed here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168861&page=359

Apparently wags referred to the screens as MDIs - and the distinction with MDIs is that they were tricolour.

I'm fairly sure it'll be able to display colours eventually.