VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

anywhere can I find a detailed how to installation ?

is it revertible if you wanna play with NO VR sometimes ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

anywhere can I find a detailed how to installation ?

is it revertible if you wanna play with NO VR sometimes ?

Theres is txt in the zip that explain how to install, but I need to do one or two thing more that other users said in this thread. I didn’t try it, but OP said that you can run this mod without VR.

The legend strikes again.

Now I have fond memory coming back.

Kegetys, you are a hero! :)

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

anything editing text, like notepad. I use Notepad++

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

the value to edit is on the second line of the text

#define MASKSIZE 0.525f // change this to adjust the size of the mask, 0.525f seems to be ok for the Vive

Strange, I can't notice any difference at all with either MSAA 4x or SSAA 2x enabled. I changed the mask size to 0.54 as per the above post for Odyssey users. I have the PD hardcoded to 130% in SteamVR (because automatic tries to use 200% lol), and I've tried PD in DCS at 1.0 and 1.3 (1.0 should actually be 1.3 PD for me because of SteamVR's PD default).

There is a difference in visual quality between DCS PD 1.0 and 1.3 (which will be an actual PD of between 1.3 and 1.69), but I notice no difference in the viewport between the center and the edges. Text readability doesn't change.

Any idea what's going on? Also, what's the most effective way in SteamVR to see how my FPS is going? I can't read that frame timing graph :P

Install text is not clear for someone that doesn't know how.

Tried 2 x to install exactly per directions. Comes up consistently with

a loading error and game will not run unless I remove it.

Those who know what he's talking about in the install file...if you could help us with the "long hand" explanation, filling in the gaps that are assumed knowledge. I would be most grateful.

Love VR and would really like the opportunity to try this mod. But directions as they are now, are for me, mod is unusable.

664700878_errormessage.JPG.c86abde2e568ebdb0b3c36f1cc2403cd.JPG

Edited by captflyby

Install text is not clear for someone that doesn't know how.

Tried 2 x to install exactly per directions. Comes up consistently with

a loading error and game will not run unless I remove it.

The solution to this problem is already in this thread.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Actually not - there are two different loading errors - one has to do with the Glass shader and the other has to do with ResolveDepth - and that one has not been solved or temporarily fixed. I have no idea why some of us need a fix and others don't even though we have the same openbeta version od DCS.

It sure would be nice if Kegetys would take a look.

Dave W.

Edited by whitav8

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

I think both errors are fixed and the fixes are listed in this thread. The glass shader problem occurs when joining MP servers (or maybe any time the M2K is used???) and the ResolveDepth issue occurs when you start DCS yes? At least that's when it was occurring for me.

The solution is in the thread for both.

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

@M1Combat,

Could you then please point out the thread entry number (upper right) or at least the page of the ResolveDepth fix - difficult going through all 13 pages.

Dave W.

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Thanks, Whitav8! That's what it was. Needed to copy that folder over the old one. Duh:doh:...cant belive I didn't think of that..haha!

Here... the reply to you in the very next post after your last one...

Had a go with it yesterday. Its only when my cpu isnt tasked too much, that I see a solid gain. So in free flights Id often hit 90 fps down on the deck, which Id only reach pre-mod, when looking at the sky. In missions with many units, or object dense areas, the gain was little to none. Nothing I could notice at least.

So Im certainly CPU limited.

- See sig for specs.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I think Im getting a pretty good bump on fps with this mod but I cant seem to get rid of the artifacts at the borders. Im using the rift and I’ve gone as high as .980 on mask size and still see the artifacts. Any ideas? Can i go to like 1.500 maybe? Am I nullifying the effect by going really high on mask size?