VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Yes it works, you have to delete it from the Mod file before you apply the mod.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I have this error message :

1577781823-error.jpg

And the file : shadows.hlsl is not present...

Edited by Cthulhus

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

I have this error message :

1577781823-error.jpg

And the file : shadows.hlsl is not present...

did you delete it *before* or after you applied the MOD

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Can somebody paste here working pack of this mod for JSGME/OvGME?

here you go:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar2cEt5yMycgmuJlIhz1JCoQBtYVIA?e=v9ecHe

I was told the mod got broken again, I did a quick update for the latest DCS beta (2.5.5.41371, link in the first post). Not tested much but looks like it works with a simple merge of the changes.

Thanks for this! Yep it's working Thanks!

Edited by speed-of-heat
After testing

if you go into the red shield and click it, on the Multiplayer tab, it will tell you which components are causing you to fail the IC, delete those files BEFORE you apply the MOD:

1) Apply the MOD, I use OvGME

2) look at the red shield and write down the bits that are breaking it

3) roll back the MOD, easy using OvGME or just follow the Readme instructions

4) remove the offending files

5) re-apply the MOD

Decided to jump in and try this. I dropped my frametimes over dubai almost 5 ms on average.

Wonderful!

My only issue is that when flying over a coastline in PG, I see tan twinkling boxes (same color as the coastal sand) between the coast and the sea. Its like an xmas tree light string following the coastline. Has anyone else seen this? I've searched here but haven't found the right key words yet to get results that may give me a clue on how to fix... I am going to undo all mods, repair, then just re apply the shader to see if that fixes...

Any help here would be most appreciated.

EDIT: Tried the above outline of actions with no discernable change in the xmas string light effect at the coastline.

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Decided to jump in and try this. I dropped my frametimes over dubai almost 5 ms on average.

Wonderful!

My only issue is that when flying over a coastline in PG, I see tan twinkling boxes (same color as the coastal sand) between the coast and the sea. Its like an xmas tree light string following the coastline. Has anyone else seen this? I've searched here but haven't found the right key words yet to get results that may give me a clue on how to fix... I am going to undo all mods, repair, then just re apply the shader to see if that fixes...

Any help here would be most appreciated.

The ‘twinkling boxes’ are just one of the visual degradations when using this mod. There are many others, e.g. loss of ‘shallows’ at coastlines, horrible grass, loss of aircraft external detail, degraded trees appearance, etc.

You don’t get something for nothing! I gave up on this mod a long time ago.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Ok good to know. Thanks imacken.

Just my opinion. Lots of other users love this mod, warts and all!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

@imacken - With MSAA x2 on with MFAA and Cockpit shadows at medium and able to still have downtown Dubai race by with frame times averaging in the 17ms range with no red, I think I can live with and work to tweak away the xmas lights on the coast. I am also getting some artifacts at my extreme peripheral vision. Noticeable at night, but not a deal breaker for me.

I get that others may not like or find these issues to be too much of a hassle for the gains one can get. VR in DCS is a list of compromises. For me, with the stock stuff in place, I still get artifacts on the coastline - a ghost grid effect, so the compromise is a trade of one artifact for another.

Anyone else have some ideas for fixing the xmas string light effect on the coast? I'm going to try turning up the overall SS and remove the MSAA and MFAA to see if it gets better. The xmas string effect seems to happen more at mid altitude and when the coastline turns farther away from horizontal. If I zoom in on the coast, view the coast above 25k ft in altitude, or fly perpendicular to the coast, the effect is significantly minimized or is non-existant.

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried just about every combination to get rid of the water horizon jaggies. No luck. It is not consistent either. Sometimes at a certain bank angle they go away. At higher altitudes it turns into a grid looking thing.

Went back to MSAA at 4 and SSAA off.

if you find this file _HMD.hlsl

and comment out lines you don't want:

// settings:
// #define ENABLE_HMD_MASK       1 // Enable hidden area masking for HMD (adjust MASKSIZE to fit your headset)
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_SHADOWS 1 // Use less samples in shadow mapping
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_GRASS   1 // Simplified grass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY  1 // Simplified canopy glass
#define ENABLE_DITHERING      1 // Use dithering in HDR tonemap to reduce banding, may cause moire artifacts at edges of lenses

#define MASKSIZE                  0.525f  // change this to adjust the size of the mask, 0.525 seems to be ok for the Vive, 0.600 should be ok for the rift cv1
#define MSAA_MASKSIZE             0.25    // Mask size used for MSAA - area outside this circle will not have MSAA applied on it
#define NVG_SIZE                  4.0     // size of the NVG scope (larger value = smaller scope)
#define NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET       0.07    // vertical position of the NVG scope, for allowing to "look under" the goggles at instruments
#define NVG_GAIN_ADJUSTS_POSITION 0       // with this enabled the NVG gain control instead adjusts the vertical position allowing in-game adjustment with fixed gain (NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET is ignored)
#define NVG_NOISE_STR             0.075   // NVG noise strength
#define NVG_HOTPIXEL_THRESHOLD    0.99982 // NVG noise threshold for "hot" pixels

as i have done here with the mask you will disable that particular function

Thanks for the tip stuart

but what files do i replace, copy over from the vr mod

the shadows.hsl file is still broken for starters, if i just copy the, glass.hsl it crashes

its this file i wish only to work ,, keeps the IQ high and saves 20% of frames

this file is a work of art well done original modder.

The current mod, works natively, you don't need to change anything... You might need to re download the latest version.

If you want to just use canopy... Comment out

// #define ENABLE_HMD_MASK 1 // Enable hidden area masking for HMD (adjust MASKSIZE to fit your headset)

//#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_SHADOWS 1 // Use less samples in shadow mapping

//#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_GRASS 1 // Simplified grass

#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY 1 // Simplified canopy glass

//#define ENABLE_DITHERING 1 // Use dithering in HDR tonemap to reduce banding,

These lines in_HMD.hlsl... If you want to know which files you can avoid copying in, that's a separate problem and I havent done that work

Edited by speed-of-heat

Yes i was kinda thinking to pass IC as well,

maybe a simplified mod for the glass canopy benefits and the msaa mask would be enough for a lot of peeps getting into vr in dcs and still keeping IQ really high,, i may do some tests myself if i get time, just busy at mo,, thanks for your input stuart

ps also found a lite version but old version of same mod called KegetysVR_Lite it was using less effects with better vis quality, maybe swap out newer versions for same files from lite mod

Haven't used this mod in ages, but decided to give it another try today. I don't know which tweak does it, but it's fixed the screen flickering issue that was introduced in the open beta a few builds ago, and my wing vapours and LEX vertices are working again!

I also don't notice the clouds in the far distance popping in and out of one eye quite as much as with the stock Open Beta either.

I do however need to disable the Simple Shadows as they're way too dark, like the interior of the cockpit that isn't in direct sunlight is black... (Edit: I found this happened because I'd let the shaders compile in Desktop mode first. Deleted them all, and re-compiled in VR, and they were normal again)

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]