VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

im getting this now with the shader mod activated. anyone else?

Same here, after updating to 2.5.6

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

the shader mod likely needs updating again, others have had the same error, Tygaris, has created an update that works , but doesnt seem very performant ...

I've updated the zip. It now contains the complete Mod that I use here with JSGME. (Original source:
)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mjBR_ilBbmjacKxH3_2DBBPdYrfBNVqR/view?usp=sharing

Please make sure to apply this ONLY to a clean DCS installation.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks Tygaris! I updated DCS and the shader mod no longer worked. I tried your shader update and it's all good again. Not quite getting the fps I was before, but that could be due to the new DCS or shader options you had to remove. Appreciate your work. :)

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

im getting this now with the shader mod activated. anyone else?

That error comes up, if you install the "old" shader mod.Please refer to Pac_Man's post above on how to install it. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4209331&postcount=981

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to provide much of an impact... only gained about 5 frames. I think we're just gonna have to ride this one out guys.

Haven't really checked the numbers, the fix is more like a band aid made out of dirty cloth ;) Hopefully someone more clever than me and with a lot more insight into the DCS rendering process will create a working solution.

But I never used the shader mods from this thread, only from the YT link so my fix is based on that. Maybe the mods from here were better in the first place - but not IC compliant.

Here is the list of changes I've made.

Compose.fx:
line 22:    + #include "_HMD.hlsl"
line 87:    + discardHmdMask(i.pos.xy, getBufferSize(StencilMap));
line 136:   + discardHmdMaskMSAA(i.pos.xy, getBufferSize(StencilMap));

bloom.fx:
line 5:     + #include "deferred/luminance.hlsl"
line 46:    * getAvgLuminance() -> getAvgLuminanceClamped()

grass2.fx:
line 69:    + float TerrainContext_seaLevel;

Tonemap.fx:
line 78:    * getAvgLuminance() -> getAvgLuminanceClamped()

water.fx:
removed completely and replaced with the one from OB.

Edited by Tygaris

Recipe how to make Kegetys' VR mod OvGME compatible

For anyone who will want to use OvGME with original Kegetys' mod you just need to repack the archive with a new folder hierarchy. The archive is missing a folder with mod name, so here's a simple recipe for it.

1. Extract Kegetys mod to any folder, usually you end up with folder name same as a filename. So let's assume it looks like this:
    ├───DCS VR Shaders performance mod for 2.5.5.41371
    │   ├───Bazar
    │   │    └───shaders ... (and other directories inside)
    │   └─── readme.txt

2. Inside DCS VR Shaders performance mod for 2.5.5.41371 create a folder named VR Shaders. It will be the name shown in OvGME.
  3. Move Bazar directory inside the VR Shaders folder. You should end up with the folder structure shown below:
    ├───DCS VR Shaders performance mod for 2.5.5.41371/
    │   ├─── readme.txt
    │   ├─── [b][color=Green]version.txt[/color][/b]
    │   └─── [color=green][b]VR shaders/[/b][/color]
    │       └───Bazar/
    │            └───shaders/ ... (and other directories inside)

4. You may notice that I added a version.txt file alongside readme. It's optional, and it's the version OvGME will display alongside mod name. If the file is not present it will just display n/a. File contents is just a single line with 3 part version number, e.g.

5. For the final step, zip the contents of the directory DCS VR Shaders performance mod for 2.5.5.41371 (so without the directory itself) and name the zip to the name you used for the folder (VR Shaders.zip). Final structure should look like this:
    ├─── [color=green][b]VR shaders.zip[/b][/color]
    │   ├─── readme.txt
    │       └───Bazar/

6. Place the resulting VR Shaders.zip inside your OvGME mod directory.

now even the readme.txt contents will display inside OvGME.

Important: On first installation, AFTER enabling the mod in OvGME, you still need to clear caches as per original installation instructions (deleting appropriate files in your saved games dir and dcs shaders). Please refer to the readme from the mod, conveniently displayed in OvGME window now.

TL; DR:

Add folder inside Kegetys archive, put Bazar inside it, add version.txt alongside the readme.txt if desired, rename archive to match folder name, profit.

For anyone who will want to use OvGME with original Kegetys' mod you just need to repack the archive with a new folder hierarchy. The archive is missing a folder with mod name, so here's a simple recipe for it.

Nice find sir!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

1. Extract Kegetys mod to any folder, usually you end up with folder name same as a filename. So let's assume it looks like this:
    ├───DCS VR Shaders performance mod for 2.5.5.41371
    │   ├───Bazar
    │   │    └───shaders ... (and other directories inside)
    │   └─── readme.txt

2. Inside DCS VR Shaders performance mod for 2.5.5.41371 create a folder named VR Shaders. It will be the name shown in OvGME.
  3. Move Bazar directory inside the VR Shaders folder. You should end up with the folder structure shown below:
    ├───DCS VR Shaders performance mod for 2.5.5.41371/
    │   ├─── readme.txt
    │       └───Bazar/

4. You may notice that I added a version.txt file alongside readme. It's optional, and it's the version OvGME will display alongside mod name. If the file is not present it will just display n/a. File contents is just a single line with 3 part version number, e.g.

5. For the final step, zip the contents of the directory DCS VR Shaders performance mod for 2.5.5.41371 (so without the directory itself) and name the zip to the name you used for the folder (VR Shaders.zip). Final structure should look like this:
    ├─── [color=green][b]VR shaders.zip[/b][/color]
    │   ├─── readme.txt
    │       └───Bazar/

6. Place the resulting VR Shaders.zip inside your OvGME mod directory.

now even the readme.txt contents will display inside OvGME.

Important: On first installation, AFTER enabling the mod in OvGME, you still need to clear caches as per original installation instructions (deleting appropriate files in your saved games dir and dcs shaders). Please refer to the readme from the mod, conveniently displayed in OvGME window now.

TL; DR:

Add folder inside Kegetys archive, put Bazar inside it, add version.txt alongside the readme.txt if desired, rename archive to match folder name, profit.

This is supposed to work with the 2.5.6 OB ?

I dont understand last lines

"Add folder inside Kegetys archive, put Bazar inside it, add version.txt alongside the readme.txt if desired, rename archive to match folder name, profit."

Thanks

This is supposed to work with the 2.5.6 OB ?

I dont understand last lines

"Add folder inside Kegetys archive, put Bazar inside it, add version.txt alongside the readme.txt if desired, rename archive to match folder name, profit."

Thanks

Well, on my side it didn't work.

I already reverted back to 2.5.5.41962, but had to try this. So I upgraded again, just to see. Too bad! :cry:

Kegetys, please please help us all! :helpsmilie:

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

I added an update on the first post for 2.5.6.43503.

A bit more than usual has changed in this version, so I made some other changes too:

- Compatibility with DCS World version 2.5.6.43503 (16.2.2020)

- Restored original sun flare

- Added simplified version of histogram calculation (previously it was removed completely)

- Above can be turned off with ENABLE_SIMPLE_HG setting (disabling it will do the "full" histogram the game defaults to, which is quite heavy)

- Removed the sRGB fix as the game seems to have some other workaround for it now

- ENABLE_SIMPLE_SHADOWS now limits the sample count to 10 instead of 16

Some of the new water improvements in 2.5.6 seem to rely on the removed GBuffer so those likely will not be visible with this mod. But since the that buffer has also grown in 2.5.6 to 4 instead of 2 channels you might see even better performance with the mod now, though its partially offset by having to restore the histogram calculation to get the new lighting working right... The lighting changes seems to have done something to the NVG too, but it seems the 2.5.6 lighting is quite wonky anyway and you can see fine without NVG even at moonless nights.

With the original sun flare being restored the simplified glass also has the fake "flare" removed which should improve issues with gauges readability. Similarily there has been changes in the shadows in DCS which now by default use only 16 instead of 32 samples. So I changed the ENABLE_SIMPLE_SHADOWS to reduce that even further to 10 which now seem to look fine still.

The sRGB fix was also removed as the game has some other workaround for it (oddly still using wrong sRGB conversion method). Because of this you no longer need to use as high gamma as before.

With 2.5.6 being a bit of a mess its difficult to test this version well but it seems to work in a few scenarios I tested it with :)

As a cyborg, you will serve SHODAN well

http://www.kegetys.fi

Thanks Kegetys, trying now and so far so good!

(I will adjust the mask for Pimax, and will be perfect)

Thanks again

EDIT

MASKSIZE 0.590 works perfect for PIMAX 5K (FOV Normal)

Edited by Colmillo
MaskSize

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Holy s***! That was fast! I didn't expect that!

Thank you so much, Kegetys!

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

Go to first page here, download for DCS World 2.5.6.43503 and just follow exactly the instructions in the readme.txt

I also used the shaders mod that was released recently, using a subset of kegetys changes to keep mp IC. It was really good. Is it much work to make 2 versions? One with IC, one without?

In any case, thanks for your great work. This is a fantastic mod.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

what makes you think this mod fails the IC ??? i use it native, i go to multiplayer and its a green shield with no warnings ...?

Would there be any benefit to having a HMD mask mod only and keep all of the regular shaders? The latest version of the mod doesnt seem to give the same boost and now it looks noticeably worse than the unmodded version.

I appreciate the work you have done with this mod and look forward to future improvements. Really should be a part of the base game with VR mode is enabled.

Just installed the the latest shaders, and its getting stuck when trying to load into a map

Did you wait long enough? It can take some time to load the shaders for the first time... Depending on your system I would wait at least 15 Minutes.

I did not stop time, but on my side I waited about 5 Minutes to get to main menu, and about 7 to get to flight in the A10

Error while compiling newest verson for 2.5.6.43503

I keep getting this message while starting the game after having enabled the newest mod for 2.5.6.43503. Tried both Persian Gulf and Caucasus (see attachment):

Shader 'bazar/shaders/water.fx' failed to compile.

Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47

L:\DCS World OpBeta\bazar\shaders\enlight\water.fx(329,9-110): error X3013: 'BuildGBufferWater':

no matching 8 parameter function

'Retry' only makes the error window reappear, 'Abort' shuts down DCS.

Any workaround or am I maybe doing something wrong?

errror_compiling_shaders.JPG.e09a79ff6c06a9b6aae40ba3a1863e8d.JPG

Don't forget to rename the shader folders for every map in the install directory to dcs.old or something else, as mentioned in the readme.

what makes you think this mod fails the IC ??? i use it native, i go to multiplayer and its a green shield with no warnings ...?

I do get a red shield using the 2.5.6 version of this mod.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate