VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

This is all good, but until this version of the mod, just deleting the water file allowed all water to be the same as the original non-mod version.

I wonder why Kegetys has made this change. Again I'll say, it would be good if he just popped in here and let us know how/if we can resolve this.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

It fixed "by itself" for me after the patch and the changed mod pack. I don't use anymore the mod from the link on that youtube, I use the one in the first post here (the most updated) and I had replaced the water.fx file from mod with the original modified on those 3 lines to repair the transparency of water in shallow waters.

If you are searching for a IC compatible pack you may try to remove the offending files from this mod and disable not necesary functions from the config file inside the mod _HMD.hsl

I use the following settings:

// optimisations: change 1 to 0 to disable
#define ENABLE_HMD_MASK       1 // Enable hidden area masking for HMD (adjust MASKSIZE to fit your headset)
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_SHADOWS 0 // Use less samples in shadow mapping
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_GRASS   0 // Simplified grass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY  1 // Simplified canopy glass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_HG      1 // Simplified histogram calculation
#define ENABLE_NO_BLOOM       0 // Disable bloom & color grading

// improvements
#define ENABLE_DITHERING          0 // Use dithering in HDR tonemap to reduce banding, may cause moire artifacts at edges of lenses
#define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS         4 // Albedo texture supersampling. 0=off, 1=2x, 2=4x, 3=6x, 4=8x
#define NVG_GAIN_ADJUSTS_POSITION 0 // with this enabled the NVG gain control instead adjusts the vertical position allowing in-game adjustment with fixed gain (NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET is ignored)

// other settings
#define MASKSIZE                  0.620   // change this to adjust the size of the mask, 0.525 seems to be ok for the Vive, 0.600 should be ok for the rift cv1
#define MSAA_MASKSIZE             0.4     // Mask size used for MSAA - area outside this circle will not have MSAA applied on it
#define NVG_SIZE                  4.0     // size of the NVG scope (larger value = smaller scope)
#define NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET       0.07    // vertical position of the NVG scope, for allowing to "look under" the goggles at instruments
#define NVG_NOISE_STR             0.075   // NVG noise strength
#define NVG_HOTPIXEL_THRESHOLD    0.99982 // NVG noise threshold for "hot" pixels

Ingame settings are attached.

Also I made last night the discovery that a combination of SuperSampling (SS) in Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) and Pixel Density (PD) ingame gives best results! This was a big one!

All started with the idea of testing how PD ingame compares with SS in OTT and I noticed that PD ingame improves greatly the FPS even on maximum 2.5x having more FPS than 1.5x SS in OTT but the image was having some aliasing which could be explained only by low resolution or resizing artefact. And a quick check on screenshots resolution confirmed that the image resulted by using PD in game was in fact smaller. However the big increase in FPS could not be explained only by this smaller resolution so I had the idea of testing a combination of settings. I wanted a 1.5x factor of SS so I put my SS in OTT to 1.2 and set PD ingame to 1.3. It's close to 1.5 the result (1.56x) and 1.3PD gave a "bias" towards FPS rather than 1.3 in OTT which would be a bias in "quality".

And lo' and behold... it worked.

I think when using any SS in OTT the image automatically enlarges to a 4K corespondent and then using PD ingame creates a better supersampling result FPS wise.

But also the clarity of text was increased. Now all could be related also to rig/settings etc but I tested in the worst offender which is the Harrier cockpit which with 1.5 SS in OTT gave me a cockpit impossible to read the MFDs text or gauges. And now I could read the MFDs.

Also I did a lot of testing in F14 cockpit and by now I know how the gauges look, my biggest sign is the radar altimeter and with this combo settings the readability was improved a lot better than using "1024 on every frame" setting! I actually reverted before to "512" because I couldn't see improvement in quality/readability with "1024 in every frame".

A big setting is using 4x MSAA! This is a must for me it seems. 2X or off creates too many jaggies but... ymmw.

Maybe others can test this combo settings of PD and SS. I am curious how it works on other machines.

The third screenshot exemplifies the FPS and quality in F14 in a standard test. A mission where I spawn parked on stennis in the middle of a flotila of 4-5 carriers and 4 other surface ships (sometimes are 4 sometimes are 5 carriers because I have 2 variants of the mission, one with DeGaulle mod one without). Now 30 something FPS might not be much for some but normally without these settings and the Kegetys mod I have 17-20fps.

1.thumb.jpg.5716086a9edad7ddb99870c3172a9469.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.612c1dd4664df90ef73b56741d1729e3.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.82a43188d3481acfa4cb144738de01c7.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It fixed "by itself" for me after the patch and the changed mod pack. I don't use anymore the mod from the link on that youtube, I use the one in the first post here (the most updated) and I had replaced the water.fx file from mod with the original modified on those 3 lines to repair the transparency of water in shallow waters.

Sorry to keep banging on about water, but, no, it doesn't fix itself. The 3 line mod by Stuart makes a big step in the right direction, but it doesn't get the water back to what it should look like.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yes... I mentioned also about the partial fix few post before... sorry for not being too rigurous in my exprimation, I am a cleaner not a lawyer. :)

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

If you are searching for a IC compatible pack you may try to remove the offending files from this mod and disable not necesary functions from the config file inside the mod _HMD.hsl

I use the following settings:

// optimisations: change 1 to 0 to disable
#define ENABLE_HMD_MASK       1 // Enable hidden area masking for HMD (adjust MASKSIZE to fit your headset)
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_SHADOWS 0 // Use less samples in shadow mapping
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_GRASS   0 // Simplified grass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY  1 // Simplified canopy glass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_HG      1 // Simplified histogram calculation
#define ENABLE_NO_BLOOM       0 // Disable bloom & color grading

// improvements
#define ENABLE_DITHERING          0 // Use dithering in HDR tonemap to reduce banding, may cause moire artifacts at edges of lenses
#define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS         4 // Albedo texture supersampling. 0=off, 1=2x, 2=4x, 3=6x, 4=8x
#define NVG_GAIN_ADJUSTS_POSITION 0 // with this enabled the NVG gain control instead adjusts the vertical position allowing in-game adjustment with fixed gain (NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET is ignored)

// other settings
#define MASKSIZE                  0.620   // change this to adjust the size of the mask, 0.525 seems to be ok for the Vive, 0.600 should be ok for the rift cv1
#define MSAA_MASKSIZE             0.4     // Mask size used for MSAA - area outside this circle will not have MSAA applied on it
#define NVG_SIZE                  4.0     // size of the NVG scope (larger value = smaller scope)
#define NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET       0.07    // vertical position of the NVG scope, for allowing to "look under" the goggles at instruments
#define NVG_NOISE_STR             0.075   // NVG noise strength
#define NVG_HOTPIXEL_THRESHOLD    0.99982 // NVG noise threshold for "hot" pixels

Ingame settings are attached.

Also I made last night the discovery that a combination of SuperSampling (SS) in Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) and Pixel Density (PD) ingame gives best results! This was a big one!

All started with the idea of testing how PD ingame compares with SS in OTT and I noticed that PD ingame improves greatly the FPS even on maximum 2.5x having more FPS than 1.5x SS in OTT but the image was having some aliasing which could be explained only by low resolution or resizing artefact. And a quick check on screenshots resolution confirmed that the image resulted by using PD in game was in fact smaller. However the big increase in FPS could not be explained only by this smaller resolution so I had the idea of testing a combination of settings. I wanted a 1.5x factor of SS so I put my SS in OTT to 1.2 and set PD ingame to 1.3. It's close to 1.5 the result (1.56x) and 1.3PD gave a "bias" towards FPS rather than 1.3 in OTT which would be a bias in "quality".

And lo' and behold... it worked.

I think when using any SS in OTT the image automatically enlarges to a 4K corespondent and then using PD ingame creates a better supersampling result FPS wise.

But also the clarity of text was increased. Now all could be related also to rig/settings etc but I tested in the worst offender which is the Harrier cockpit which with 1.5 SS in OTT gave me a cockpit impossible to read the MFDs text or gauges. And now I could read the MFDs.

Also I did a lot of testing in F14 cockpit and by now I know how the gauges look, my biggest sign is the radar altimeter and with this combo settings the readability was improved a lot better than using "1024 on every frame" setting! I actually reverted before to "512" because I couldn't see improvement in quality/readability with "1024 in every frame".

A big setting is using 4x MSAA! This is a must for me it seems. 2X or off creates too many jaggies but... ymmw.

Maybe others can test this combo settings of PD and SS. I am curious how it works on other machines.

The third screenshot exemplifies the FPS and quality in F14 in a standard test. A mission where I spawn parked on stennis in the middle of a flotila of 4-5 carriers and 4 other surface ships (sometimes are 4 sometimes are 5 carriers because I have 2 variants of the mission, one with DeGaulle mod one without). Now 30 something FPS might not be much for some but normally without these settings and the Kegetys mod I have 17-20fps.

Thank you buddy ! I'm also pretty sure you could drop "Extreme" to "High" on the Visibility parameter to get even better results. I don't think there's a major difference between both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am wondering if it is possible to use SteamVR instead of OculusVR.

I made a discovery recently in P3Dv5. Actually on OculusVR I get a lot of motion jittery IQ. When switching to SteamVr without any other change frames go up and image is much better.

If this does replicate onto DCS, this would be great. Now how do I choose the API?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Thank you buddy ! I'm also pretty sure you could drop "Extreme" to "High" on the Visibility parameter to get even better results. I don't think there's a major difference between both.

I tried, I observed that the hills behind Sochi-Adler airport are pretty empty on High when normally on Extreme they are very "forestrated" . Also some shadows don't work unless on extreme so I decided to pay the FPS pice just to have the world a little more believable.

I also tested other combinations of SS and PD and 1.1 SS in OTT with even 1.6PD in game although gives better performance than simply 1.5 SS is still producing a too small picture for RiftS screen so jaggies appear. But I think for Rift CV1 might be the sweet spot. 1.1xSS with anything above 1.2x in PD and will provide good FPS. So for me I settled with 1.2x SS in OTT and then after much up and down I returned to 1.3xPD. 1.2PD Still is good and provides good FPS but is a little bit under 1.3PD in quality.

I am wondering if it is possible to use SteamVR instead of OculusVR.

I made a discovery recently in P3Dv5. Actually on OculusVR I get a lot of motion jittery IQ. When switching to SteamVr without any other change frames go up and image is much better.

If this does replicate onto DCS, this would be great. Now how do I choose the API?

For me is the other way around. Anything I am forced to play in SteamVR is worse than Oculus because it just another step added that will slow things down. For IL-2 for example I use Open Composite to switch the game to Oculus. Also in Oculus using Oculus Tray Tool is almost mandatory to be able to squeeze everything out. Oculus Home disabled, ASW disabled and constantly checked because sometimes it fails to enforce it OFF.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried, I observed that the hills behind Sochi-Adler airport are pretty empty on High when normally on Extreme they are very "forestrated" . Also some shadows don't work unless on extreme so I decided to pay the FPS pice just to have the world a little more believable.

I also tested other combinations of SS and PD and 1.1 SS in OTT with even 1.6PD in game although gives better performance than simply 1.5 SS is still producing a too small picture for RiftS screen so jaggies appear. But I think for Rift CV1 might be the sweet spot. 1.1xSS with anything above 1.2x in PD and will provide good FPS. So for me I settled with 1.2x SS in OTT and then after much up and down I returned to 1.3xPD. 1.2PD Still is good and provides good FPS but is a little bit under 1.3PD in quality.

For me is the other way around. Anything I am forced to play in SteamVR is worse than Oculus because it just another step added that will slow things down. For IL-2 for example I use Open Composite to switch the game to Oculus. Also in Oculus using Oculus Tray Tool is almost mandatory to be able to squeeze everything out. Oculus Home disabled, ASW disabled and constantly checked because sometimes it fails to enforce it OFF.

I don’t use steam for DCS so correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t steam SS and in game PD the same thing? Would using one or the other make more sense then trying to combine them?

They aren’t the same, though the are similar and yes, the best advice is to use one or the other but not both

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yes as speed-of-heat says they are not the same but I am talking about a different combo that works only for Oculus owners. I am talking about mixing the SS in in Oculus Tray Tool (a very known tool that lets you control a bit better Oculus tweaks) and the in game Pixel Density (PD). Sounds like the one in Steam VR but no... I am not talking about Steam VR PD.

lease try if you can. I am very curious of results on other systems. I recommend to start with 1.2x SS in OTT and mix in whatever PD you like in game... also above 1.2 I would recommend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

your performance will be really impacted by doing both especially if you combine it with MSAA as well, you will end up running a slide show... it may be a very clear slide show but it will still be a slide show and this is well Off topic so move it to a different thread, this one is complex enough.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

This is what I am trying to say. It's better looking and better FPS for me. I know what intuition says but I tried and I was surprised by it. So maybe others test it and see if is a Mirage what I am seeing.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would there be any benefit to having a HMD mask mod only and keep all of the regular shaders? The latest version of the mod doesnt seem to give the same boost and now it looks noticeably worse than the unmodded version.

I appreciate the work you have done with this mod and look forward to future improvements. Really should be a part of the base game with VR mode is enabled.

You can do this yourself quite easily. Take the _HMD.hlsl shader file and put it in your deferred shaders folder, then edit the Compose.fx shader. You need to add three lines:

1 this include:

#define USE_SEPARATE_SHADOW_PASS 0

#include "_HMD.hlsl"

2 clip render pass:

float4 PS_SINGLE_PASS(const VS_COMPOSE_OUTPUT i, uniform bool useShadows, uniform bool useSSAO, uniform bool useSSLR, uniform bool useCockpitGI, uniform int mode = 0): SV_TARGET0

{

discardHmdMask(i.pos.xy, getBufferSize(StencilMap));

3 clip msaa:

float4 PS_MSAA_EDGE(const VS_COMPOSE_OUTPUT i, uint sidx: SV_SampleIndex, uniform bool useShadows, uniform bool useSSAO, uniform bool useSSLR, uniform bool useCockpitGI, uniform bool discardTerrainInsideFog, uniform int mode = 0): SV_TARGET0

{

discardHmdMaskMSAA(i.pos.xy, getBufferSize(StencilMap));

I also changed the mask size a bit, and increased the MSAA mask size, as otherwise I'd see shimmering from the corners of my eyes in VR, which is annoying. That gave me 10-15% performance boost with zero visual impact (depending on pixel density and MSAA settings of course: 1.4pd with 2x MSAA/SGSSAA/MFAA)

(and then recompile your shaders of course, this .bat file helps)

del /q "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\fxo"

del /q "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\metashaders2"

:: Find/Replace 'E:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta' to be your install location

del /q "G:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs"

del /q "G:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Nevada\misc\metacache\dcs"

del /q "G:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Normandy\misc\metacache\dcs"

del /q "G:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\PersianGulf\misc\metacache\dcs"

Tried you suggestion above, but couldn't get it to work. Just got a whole load of compile errors in compose.fx.

same here

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Kegetys man!

I don't know what you've done but it's unbelievable what you've achieved here. 60 fps locked (Non-VR) with my weak rig.I could fly fluidly first time in 2.5.6.

Only problem it takes a little while to load models in ME, that's it!

I hope you continue to update the mod along with ED patches. It's obvious they are not going to go this direction.

Thanks a lot.

You can do this yourself quite easily. Take the _HMD.hlsl shader file and put it in your deferred shaders folder, then edit the Compose.fx shader. You need to add three lines:

Hi Zoijar:

I understand that I have to add the lines that are highlighted in bold.

The lines that are not in bold I imagine that serve to know exactly where I should add the three that you mention.

And they should be in the original "Compose.fx" file

But I have a problem whit the third: I can't find it:

"float4 PS_MSAA_EDGE(const VS_COMPOSE_OUTPUT i, uint sidx: SV_SampleIndex, uniform bool useShadows, uniform bool useSSAO, uniform bool useSSLR, uniform bool useCockpitGI, uniform bool discardTerrainInsideFog, uniform int mode = 0): SV_TARGET0"

{

to add below:

What am I doing wrong?

Besides adding third new line, Should I change this line previously?

“float4 ComposeSampleMain(const VS_COMPOSE_OUTPUT i, uint sidx,

uniform bool useShadows, uniform bool useSSAO, uniform bool useSSLR, uniform bool useCockpitGI, uniform bool discardTerrainInsideFog, uniform int mode, uniform bool bSampleFrequency)

{

For this other one, that you suggest in your message:

“float4 PS_MSAA_EDGE(const VS_COMPOSE_OUTPUT i, uint sidx: SV_SampleIndex, uniform bool useShadows, uniform bool useSSAO, uniform bool useSSLR, uniform bool useCockpitGI, uniform bool discardTerrainInsideFog, uniform int mode = 0): SV_TARGET0

{“

Because then we would not be talking about adding three lines only...Could you tell me how I should continue?

Thanks and best regards

Edited by CaptYosi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 3700X, RTX 2080, 32GB 3600MHz, W10 64 & Rift S

Hi Zoijar:

I understand that I have to add the lines that are highlighted in bold.

The lines that are not in bold I imagine that serve to know exactly where I should add the three that you mention.

And they should be in the original "Compose.fx" file

But I have a problem whit the third: I can't find it:

"float4 PS_MSAA_EDGE(const VS_COMPOSE_OUTPUT i, uint sidx: SV_SampleIndex, uniform bool useShadows, uniform bool useSSAO, uniform bool useSSLR, uniform bool useCockpitGI, uniform bool discardTerrainInsideFog, uniform int mode = 0): SV_TARGET0"

{

to add below:

What am I doing wrong?

Besides adding third new line, Should I change this line previously?

“float4 ComposeSampleMain(const VS_COMPOSE_OUTPUT i, uint sidx,

uniform bool useShadows, uniform bool useSSAO, uniform bool useSSLR, uniform bool useCockpitGI, uniform bool discardTerrainInsideFog, uniform int mode, uniform bool bSampleFrequency)

{

For this other one, that you suggest in your message:

“float4 PS_MSAA_EDGE(const VS_COMPOSE_OUTPUT i, uint sidx: SV_SampleIndex, uniform bool useShadows, uniform bool useSSAO, uniform bool useSSLR, uniform bool useCockpitGI, uniform bool discardTerrainInsideFog, uniform int mode = 0): SV_TARGET0

{“

Because then we would not be talking about adding three lines only...Could you tell me how I should continue?

Thanks and best regards

Ah, well spotted. Same here, don't have that 3rd line. Probably why it won't compile!

I've tried twice - read through the instructions very carefully but keep getting this error ??

X11Renderer - Error

? Shader "bazar/shaders/deferred/reflections.fx failed to compile. Reason: ....

any ideas ?

I just cant figure out what I have done wrong to not get this to pass IC check.

I have cleaned, repaired the installation of DCS, disabled all mods (I use OvGME) and still cannot get this to pass IC check.

I loved this back on the previous version. Worked amazingly!!!

I guess I'll wait for the next update and hope it fixes it.

I know its not the creators issue but rather something with my install. I am running DCS on a D:\ drive, the mod installs correctly through OvGME it seems.

Interestingly enough, if I run the mod with IC (not water fix) I get compiling errors and will not launch.

Is anyone else having issue with the IC failing?

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Hmmm... Just wondering. Do I need to have Kegetys mod loaded first, then add the IC Water updates?

I have just been using the IC Water mod for installation. Maybe thats where I am messing up.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

the water mod doesnt pass an IC check. neither do some certain files in the shader mod.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

the water mod doesnt pass an IC check. neither do some certain files in the shader mod.

Ive been trying with both of the IC check mods. Neither one is working.

IC Pass is getting compiling errors, but I need to reload to test it again as I may have edited it to try to work around.

But just downloaded the IC Pass Water Fix again and it is still failing IC.

Ran a clean and repair with no mods installed, loaded the IC Pass Water mod and nothing else and still fails.

Im at a loss as to how everyone else is running this and shaders files not failing IC.

This mod for the IC really needs its own thread though so that @speed-of-heat can update the primary post with the latest versions and updates. Him and Kegetys have done some great work with this mod. When it worked, my frames were awesome!

Sorry guys, The stuff I do is more like butchery compared to kegetys surgery.

I know the ic pass stuff can be flakey, especially if other mods touch it, or visa versa, , the water fix I couldn’t figure out how to make work, that was captyosi, I just operationalised it.

I really don’t know how to repo your problems, because, I’m not having them... which is frustrating. Sorry guys