VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

ED's MSAA mask should function identically to mine (given they almost certainly even copied the line that does it from the mod). Though the implementation is also slightly different, but it would be odd for them to not even check it works. :)

you don't know ED :)

Hi all,

again thanks to @Kegetys for this mod, i believe i have a working mod for both Clear Water and IC pass. attached here.

For IC pass to work, you have to let the shaders build once, it will fail the IC pass, exit the game and reload and it should pass.

Some changes you make in system settings, may also trigger an IC Pass fail, again exit the game and reload and it should work (no i don't know why that's the case) and my guess is it will likely work with the native mod as well.

This does not seem to Pass IC but does provide Clear water. use the version here for an IC pass version

YMMV.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hello,

Thanks Kegetys again for this mod, and thanks for the support patch after patch..

Hi Speed-of-Heat, thanks for you'r ic pass version, have a question..

I dont really care about IC pass, because i'm only playing in IC off servers, so im trying full version of Shaders Mod. But i have water reflection bug in cockpit at Medium settings, i know in low works greats, but I would like to know if there is any way to remove this bug in another way, to keep medium settings and full shaders mod.

Thanks!!

If you look in the ic mod folders, you will find a number of files with - - in front of them.

The only one you can put back is shadows, otherwise you break the water.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Hi speed-of-heat, I greatly appreciate you putting together an IC-Pass version of this.

1 bug I've found is a visual bug that makes the RWR in the F-18 pretty unreadable, and it just doesn't look good in low levels of light.

Just thought you should be aware

I'll try putting back the shadows and see if that makes a difference

Hi speed-of-heat, I greatly appreciate you putting together an IC-Pass version of this.

1 bug I've found is a visual bug that makes the RWR in the F-18 pretty unreadable, and it just doesn't look good in low levels of light.

Just thought you should be aware

I'll try putting back the shadows and see if that makes a difference

I’m just a butcher... chances are it either relates to shadows, or the transparent textures which was off in the original mod and I turned on. I would also see if it’s in the original mod.

somehow I can't get the IC pass version to work in MP. I follow the instructions, I get a green IC passed symbol in server browser, but when I actually connect to a server, it connects but then immediately throws me back to the server browser and the IC symbol changes to red.

is it giving you a time out , or an impure client ?

Sorry I can't seem to fix it, the green shield is not enough it seems! I might have a crack at it again tomorrow, but right now you will have to revert to this version, unless wju wants another crack at it

I have updated my "my settings" with WJU's mod + clear water and Kegetys mod + clear water.

well, thanks to Kegetys, we have a very useful mod, which saves significant part of resources. Unfortunately, it is not IC pass.

My modest IC pass "mod of mod", called "lite", is attached.

Everyone can make it him/her self: just take latest original mod and delete all files but ones in the attachment. Install it the same way as the original.

as I have said before - the frametime gain, especially comparing original, is not much, but in VR every fragment of ms counts. See the fpsVR screenshots; it is Hornet, Batumi runway, clear sky.

IC pass tested on BlueFlag Caucasus and Storm of War Normandy, screenshots attached.

PS: just to be clear - it is not my know-how, I had read this elsewhere, had forgotten where; but I successfully repeat it every update ;-) It is my pleasure to share this.

509328722_IPD_IMPACTkegety.thumb.jpg.b55eedbd3723086d5f819653b3edd666.jpg

BlueFlagICpass.thumb.jpg.c1b2516b7c69500797772a1540cf6565.jpg

StormofWar_ICpass_tif.thumb.jpg.7b9ef32a06d2ec4c9b13097184fb590e.jpg

KEGETYS 2.5.6.49314_LITE.zip

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

well, thanks to Kegetys, we have a very useful mod, which saves significant part of resources. Unfortunately, it is not IC pass.

My modest IC pass "mod of mod", called "lite", is attached.

Everyone can make it him/her self: just take latest original mod and delete all files but ones in the attachment. Install it the same way as the original.

as I have said before - the frametime gain, especially comparing original, is not much, but in VR every fragment of ms counts. See the fpsVR screenshots; it is Hornet, Batumi runway, clear sky.

IC pass tested on BlueFlag Caucasus and Storm of War Normandy, screenshots attached.

PS: just to be clear - it is not my know-how, I had read this elsewhere, had forgotten where; but I successfully repeat it every update ;-) It is my pleasure to share this.

I think this was me, but, I tried this on the last mod, and couldnt get it to connect to a MP server with IC, i could get it to go green shield, but not to actuall connect to a server with IC on.

Many thanks for doing this!

Just wanted to thank you for your effort, I'm having way better fps readings in 2.5.6 (using Oculus Quest Link cable). The new Ka50 cockpit is gorgeous but steals a good amount of power.

I'm having issues with the shkval at night, but I think it is not becouse of this mod but a known and old issue.

It's pretty much mandatory whenever the update is big and contains changes to the gfx engine. No need to bother with it otherwise (like with recent small hotfix patch), unless you start noticing some performance or visual issues.

However, since the patch changelogs unfortunately never mention all changes which were actually done, it's good habit to purge shader files often, just in case.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

yes but with the latest version of the mod and 2.5.6 you no longer need to rename the terrain files, so that should make the rebuild quicker

After yesterday's hotfix and these shaders, I was getting issues with ghosting and objects failing to render. Loading extremely long, despite the sim already booting a few times.

I ended up deleting the shader mod and everything worked well again. So maybe some incompatibility?

Before the hotfix this mod took me from ~25 fps to 40-45fps in my usual TTI MP server in the Huey and Hornet. Yet to test post-hotfix.

9600K / 32GB / 1080 / Rift CV1

Thanks OP! Is there any chance you can document the process for doing this on GitHub so if you lose interest in maintaining them, others can continue the work?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes: