VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Hello! I´ve been using this shaders mod with my rig (R7 2700, RTX2070, 32Gb) and Rift S. I have to set 40 fps via Oculus Tray Tools, but i´m having ghosts. Do you use any "special settings" ON nVidia control panel. TKS a lot!

Hi,

First played lasts beta without this mod when it was not available, then realized how much I need it, the shimmering shadows drive me nuts. ;)

If only there was a way to get rid of the shimmering water reflections...

But thanks for this great mod, could not play DCS without it!

Best

I am sadly on the same CTD train with the new version (without water.fx!). Yesterday it just crashed, today it gave me a "metashader" compile error. CTDs occur on PG and Caucasus (only maps I got).

But on the other hand I think I solved MY stutter problems/dropping frames every 2 seconds from like 180 down to 90 for a splitsecond every two seconds (doesn't matter what fps even if you cap it at a certain number - the drops are always present). Turns out it correlated exactly with "a flickering" on the monitoring window of HWInfo64 and I mean exactly! Closed HWINFO64 completely and I think my framedrops are gone! Have to test further but until now I would confirm that it was indeed HWINFO64 which caused massive drops for me!

Maybe this helps someone out too. Never would have I imagined that monitoring software could be such a problem in certain games (it does not happen in other games or at least that is my impression)

Cheers

Just saw that there was a new folder in saved games dcs metashaders folder called "metafx". Is this new? Never saw that one before.

Will delete mod and all shader folders for all terrains and all folders in saved games metashaders and fxo.

Will report back if CTD is still present.

Edited by squirrelmeister
Adding info

Okay. Strangely the first test resulted also in a CTD or at least in a crash. Gonna validate the install and test again. This is now getting strange. I just did one thing yesterday and that was just to disable the Turbo Modus in my bios since I am not using it anyway due to the oc I ran.

I am getting confused here now

I just remebered what else I did: made a registry change so that DCS has always HIGH priority. Deleted it too. Still waiting for the validation.

Adding info

Why do I have over 223 files that failed to validate? That makes no sense at all. I mean the mod doesn't put 200 or more new/same files into the game. And I did delete it and and used my backup shader folder. And yes, this backup is from a new validated install.

Can someone enlighten me?

It’s a cascade, a file uses another file that is out of tolerance and it goes out... I think. Confused me for ages.

But I would do a repair first. If you have problems.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thx for the quick reply but it seems I won't need it. I am now like 5 minutes into my mission and I am not getting a crash.

And the winner for causing it is.....:

A simply OC on my GPU of about just +50MHz on the Core Clock (seems like MSI Afterburner is doing it on its own/standard - just installed it yesterday for better overview and more control) was causing these crashes.

Will install the mod again and report back as soon as I have tested it.

Thx for the quick reply but it seems I won't need it. I am now like 5 minutes into my mission and I am not getting a crash.

And the winner for causing it is.....:

A simply OC on my GPU of about just +50MHz on the Core Clock (seems like MSI Afterburner is doing it on its own/standard - just installed it yesterday for better overview and more control) was causing these crashes.

Will install the mod again and report back as soon as I have tested it.

fingers crossed!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

So, now that I tested everything, I can confirm it is working again without any crashes, without any sort of stutter (2d and VR- solid 40fps, rock solid), just beautiful!

So I am getting constant 40fps (due to ASW - but it is okay since it is on AUTO and switches back to 80fps when I am hitting those numbers) on all occassions: SC, in air, everywhere.

I am using the shader mod and this little shadow tweak:

{ --high

{0.02, 25.0, 100.0, 400.0, 1500.0, 7000},

{0.02, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 7000} --the 7000 is for cascading your planes shadow on the ground

},

Graphic settings ingame (just copied it out of the options.lua - faster than a picture):

["DOF"] = 0,

["LensEffects"] = 0,

["MSAA"] = 2,

["SSAA"] = 0,

["SSAO"] = 0,

["SSLR"] = 0,

["anisotropy"] = 3,

["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,

["chimneySmokeDensity"] = 0,

["civTraffic"] = "",

["clouds"] = 1,

["clutterMaxDistance"] = 0,

["cockpitGI"] = 0,

["effects"] = 3,

["flatTerrainShadows"] = 1,

["forestDistanceFactor"] = 1,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["heatBlr"] = 0,

["height"] = 1440,

["lights"] = 2,

["messagesFontScale"] = 1.25,

["motionBlur"] = 0,

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["outputGamma"] = 1.3,

["preloadRadius"] = 150000,

["rainDroplets"] = true,

["scaleGui"] = 1.25,

["shadowTree"] = false,

["shadows"] = 4, --keep the custom settings in mind here!

["sync"] = false,

["terrainTextures"] = "max",

["textures"] = 2,

["treesVisibility"] = 50000,

["useDeferredShading"] = 1,

["visibRange"] = "Medium",

["water"] = 1,

["width"] = 2560,

I am now very happy with that performance especially that I could make out the bad boy who was causing these terrible frame drops - HWINFO64 and its monitoring (tested it again - just started it as I was ingame and not a second later the frame drops were back. turned it off/closed it and back to no stutters and no drops in frames!).

EDIT: Did forget to mentioned that the cause for the crashes was a slight overclock to the core clock of my GPU! (just a 50MHz overclock! - temps were completely fine)

Cheers

clearing up word choice

Figured it would be good to post my system specs:

Happilly presented by HWINFO64, the stutter causing bad boy ::doh::lol:

I am using a water cooler for my CPU!

Ram is 48gb. Does not show all the ram modules!

systemspecs.thumb.JPG.1fd1bb955fcf4af0193f5da895d1af29.JPG

Ram clarification; Cooling CPU

So, now that I tested everything, I can confirm it is working again without any crashes, without any sort of stutter (2d and VR- solid 40fps, rock solid), just beautiful!

So I am getting constant 40fps (due to ASW - but it is okay since it is on AUTO and switches back to 80fps when I am hitting those numbers) on all occassions: SC, in air, everywhere.

I am using the shader mod and this little shadow tweak:

{ --high

{0.02, 25.0, 100.0, 400.0, 1500.0, 7000},

{0.02, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 7000} --the 7000 is for cascading your planes shadow on the ground

},

Graphic settings ingame (just copied it out of the options.lua - faster than a picture):

["DOF"] = 0,

["LensEffects"] = 0,

["MSAA"] = 2,

["SSAA"] = 0,

["SSAO"] = 0,

["SSLR"] = 0,

["anisotropy"] = 3,

["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,

["chimneySmokeDensity"] = 0,

["civTraffic"] = "",

["clouds"] = 1,

["clutterMaxDistance"] = 0,

["cockpitGI"] = 0,

["effects"] = 3,

["flatTerrainShadows"] = 1,

["forestDistanceFactor"] = 1,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["heatBlr"] = 0,

["height"] = 1440,

["lights"] = 2,

["messagesFontScale"] = 1.25,

["motionBlur"] = 0,

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["outputGamma"] = 1.3,

["preloadRadius"] = 150000,

["rainDroplets"] = true,

["scaleGui"] = 1.25,

["shadowTree"] = false,

["shadows"] = 4, --keep the custom settings in mind here!

["sync"] = false,

["terrainTextures"] = "max",

["textures"] = 2,

["treesVisibility"] = 50000,

["useDeferredShading"] = 1,

["visibRange"] = "Medium",

["water"] = 1,

["width"] = 2560,

I am now very happy with that performance especially that I could make out the bad boy who was causing these terrible frame drops - HWINFO64 and its monitoring (tested it again - just started it as I was ingame and not a second later the frame drops were back. turned it off/closed it and back to no stutters and no drops in frames!).

EDIT: Did forget to mentioned that the cause for the crashes was a slight overclock to the core clock of my GPU! (just a 50MHz overclock! - temps were completely fine)

Cheers

Squirrel, which mod you using? Kegety's or Speed-of-Heat?

Squirrel, which mod you using? Kegety's or Speed-of-Heat?

Speed-of-Heat version! the normal one with the water.fx! This one: DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.5.6.50321.zip (no link due to copyright...or I just don't know if I am allowed to, that's why no link!)

data

I see there's also a version with Water-fx and IC pass.... I'm not so expert, so what could the practical differences be in having IC red or green in multiplayer?

With previous shaders (ones before current version 2.5.6.50321) I could use multiplayer with IC pass red with no problems... for this my doubt.

Thank you!

Edited by DenisFerrari

I see there's also a version with Water-fx and IC pass.... I'm not so expert, so what could be the practical differences in having IC red or green in multiplayer?

With previous shaders (ones before current verions) I could use multiplayer with IC pass red with no problems... for this my doubt.

Thank you!

it depends on the server you join.

in many cases the servers without the green shield against them you can you use either

if it has a green shield then you will not be able to join the server successfully , with the normal mod or just the clear water version.

the differences:

Kegetys is the fastest

My (Clear Water) variant, is the next fastest, but, enables the clear water present in 2.5.6

My (Clear Water, IC PASS) variant, is the least performant, but, enables you to join servers with a shield.

it depends on the server you join.

in many cases the servers without the green shield against them you can you use either

if it has a green shield then you will not be able to join the server successfully , with the normal mod or just the clear water version.

the differences:

Kegetys is the fastest

My (Clear Water) variant, is the next fastest, but, enables the clear water present in 2.5.6

My (Clear Water, IC PASS) variant, is the least performant, but, enables you to join servers with a shield.

Thank you very much for the clear explanation!

I have the latest OB version (2.5.6.50321) and latest Kegetys Mod version for it and all seems to be working well and correctly except all my HUD displays are very washed out now. I set to max intensity during the day and it is nowhere near where it use to be pre-mod (to the point that it almost cannot be seen against a day sky). I have seen this on the F16 and A10C so far. Anything that can be done to correct this?

I have the latest OB version (2.5.6.50321) and latest Kegetys Mod version for it and all seems to be working well and correctly except all my HUD displays are very washed out now. I set to max intensity during the day and it is nowhere near where it use to be pre-mod (to the point that it almost cannot be seen against a day sky). I have seen this on the F16 and A10C so far. Anything that can be done to correct this?

Confirm! I just noticed same thing as soon as entered the F-16, compared to previous shaders version...